PDA

View Full Version : Favorite type of court to play on.

smashserve9566
05-17-2005, 05:01 AM
What court is probably the best for serving? AND what is your favorite racquet to play on it?

sandro
05-17-2005, 05:10 AM
Red clay is the only surface I play on. The few times I played on hard courts (or syntetic grass = moquette), my joints suffered big time. Also, I find that playing on clay requires to play "harder": you should put more effort on everything to get paid back. But of course, that's just me.

Jonnyf
05-17-2005, 11:46 AM
i have a tournament in a few months on clay and i've never played on it i can't wait

Jon Hampton
05-17-2005, 11:51 AM
I live in Gainesville most of the year and then South Florida during the summer. We don't have any red or green clay in Gainesville. Only fast/slow hardcourts. The faster one's suit my game, unless I'm playing against a power baseliner, then I'd rather take my chances on the slow hard court.

Now for the summer, I do have the option of playing on some green clay. But, usually it's not very nicely kept and odd ball bounces and kicks off the line create a very dissatisfying experience. HARDCOURTS FOREVER BABY!

Boy Wonder
05-17-2005, 11:57 AM
Hard courts and I like red clay, indoor courts are okay as well. I don't favor synthetic grass.

smashserve9566
05-17-2005, 01:48 PM
Personally I like to play on hard faster courts because of my game style. I have had the chance to play on clay and it was fun until the unlucky bounces off the ground were messing up my game. I definately prefer faster courts.

morganman
05-17-2005, 05:13 PM
ive never played on anything but hard court i love them but would love to play on clay to try it hopefully i will get to soon.

Coda
05-17-2005, 10:10 PM
where's the grass option? I vote for grass. A local golf course opens up two grass courts during the summer and with a S&V game, it can be fun and satisfying beating those guys with a pure drive...they really have no chance. Other than grass, I'd have to go with a fast hardcourt.

tennisadict
05-17-2005, 10:17 PM
hard soft concrete