PDA

View Full Version : Decreasing power on the nCode Tour 90 - Help please


Big Tigger
05-17-2005, 10:16 AM
Hey friends, I am hitting really hard lately. Use a nCode Tour 90. Strung with poly at 60. The thing is I feel it too powerful... Do you think it is safe for the frame (not worried with my arm) to go to 66 or 68? What is your experience on this? Any thought witll be much appreciated.

BT

doriancito
05-17-2005, 10:18 AM
2 pounds is nothing.....plus the name says it all NCODE but im 80% sure it will be ok the other 20% im not....

Prince_of_Tennis
05-17-2005, 10:34 AM
Should be fine...

Fuzzless
05-17-2005, 11:07 AM
i wouldn't do it. but then again i don't know much about ncodes.
what poly are you using? you could try switching to a kevlar based string for even less power, if you aren't worried about arm problems (which i would be, as the ncode 90 is generally thought of as a stiffer frame).

Gaines Hillix
05-17-2005, 11:21 AM
You also might try some Head Rip Control. It is really dead feeling, yet it's more arm friendly than poly(especiall if you're going to be stringing it that tight).

La Bomba
05-18-2005, 12:14 AM
Try luxilon big banger Alu at 60lbs that's a really low powered string and durable and luxilon recommends a 10% decrease in tension so 60 would be like 65

newnuse
05-18-2005, 12:20 AM
My Wilson frames are very sturdy from my experiences. Back in the 80's, it was common to string the 85" Stings, 6.0 PS etc at 65 lb. A few more lbs on a 90" should be no problem

newnuse

Radical Shot
05-18-2005, 04:55 AM
More lead tape will slow you down!