PDA

View Full Version : How to sign up for Tennis Channel?

Brett
06-09-2010, 04:18 AM
I looked at their website and it seems like just an ordinary website. I am not sure also if I have the right TV connection. I have a 120 channel package going right now in my apartment with Comcast, will this work?

If that's not an option, is it possible to register and just watch the live TV through the online website?

Thanks!

shazbot
06-09-2010, 05:33 AM
Call Comcast. It is probably part of a sports package. I have FiOS and it is a small sports package that includes about 6-7 other sport channels. The golf network, horse racing networt, MLB network, NHL network and a few others.

mikeler
06-09-2010, 06:33 AM
If you are a true tennis fan, spring for DirecTV and get coverage on 6 courts the first week of every Grand Slam.

hollywood9826
06-09-2010, 07:28 AM
Call Comcast and it. Around my area they call it the Sports Entertaiment package. It has CBS college Sports Network, Fox College Sports, Fox Soccer Channel, and Tennis Channel. It may also have some Horseracing and anoth soccer channel (GOLTV i think).

OKUSA
06-09-2010, 07:56 AM
goltv is worth every penny, you get to hear the best sports commentator in the world in Ray Hudson

sureshs
06-09-2010, 08:22 AM
It must be part of some overpriced sports package.

I am getting 250 channels I don't want just to get Tennis Channel.

Brett
06-10-2010, 04:06 AM
Is it possible to sign up for Tennis Channel and watch it through their website?

JRstriker12
06-10-2010, 05:02 AM
Is it possible to sign up for Tennis Channel and watch it through their website?

They have some limited video on the site, but you can't watch most of their programs online.

To sign up for the channel, you need to contact your cable/satelite TV provider.

JRstriker12
06-10-2010, 05:02 AM
goltv is worth every penny, you get to hear the best sports commentator in the world in Ray Hudson

Quoted for truth!

zapvor
06-10-2010, 08:25 AM
They have some limited video on the site, but you can't watch most of their programs online.

To sign up for the channel, you need to contact your cable/satelite TV provider.

actually you can just show up at JRS' house and watch it there

JRstriker12
06-10-2010, 09:05 AM
actually you can just show up at JRS' house and watch it there

In HD! :)

There's a $100 cover charge though....

athiker
06-10-2010, 09:32 AM
I have DirecTV, which has Tennis Channel as part of their regular package, but some of my neighbors have cable and while they don't get the Tennis Channel they have some sort of package that allows them to go to go online via ESPN and watch whatever match they want live on their computer. I believe it is called ESPN3.

Check with your TV and/or internet provider...I'm not sure if it is part of a bundle or the TV service or the internet service.

Shangri La
06-10-2010, 10:32 AM
Just called Comcast and added the tennis channel (plus some other sports channels) for 4.99/month. Wooot!

Fee
06-10-2010, 11:59 AM

No its not. Call Comcast and add it. Most of their regions include it as part of the $5 sports package, you'll also get ESPN Classic and ESPN News which also show tennis stuff, especially around the time of the slams.

TheSubdude
06-10-2010, 06:59 PM
I pay $5USD/month for a 6 or 7 channel sports package that include TTC. This is through Comcast.

http://www.comcast.com/Corporate/Programming/sports/SEPackage.html

Worth every penny.

Brett
06-19-2010, 02:50 PM
How long does it take to add? I looked and it would only be $5 extra for me too. If I order it tomorrow could I have it on my TV by Monday for Wimbledon or does someone have to come out to your location and do something?

How does it get set up?

Thanks.

Fee
06-20-2010, 11:09 AM
How long does it take to add? I looked and it would only be $5 extra for me too. If I order it tomorrow could I have it on my TV by Monday for Wimbledon or does someone have to come out to your location and do something?

How does it get set up?

Thanks.

Usually takes about an hour if you already have a digital cable box to receive the signal (since its in the upper tier). They just do it from their end, reprogram your settings on their computer. You probably don't have to wait until tomorrow, try calling them today. They might take orders on Sunday.

myservenow
06-21-2010, 10:06 AM
I live in the sticks and have Comcast. I called back this winter to add The Tennis Channel to my lineup. Added like $5 to my monthly bill. So, I wait and wait for the channel to come on. Never does. Call Comcast back and they keep me on the phone for about an hour trying to get the channel to come on.

Finally, they switch me to a technician who figures out that TC is not even available in my area. No Tennis Channel for me. Frustrating.