PDA

View Full Version : Nadal's racket

NolemurraY
06-09-2010, 06:33 AM
I know Nadal is meant to have 9.5 grams under the bumper of his racket and 2.5 grams under the grip/in the handle? Does this mean his racket is head heavy or will it still be head light due to the balance of an Aeropro Drive in stock? Thanks NolemurraY

kikiviva
06-09-2010, 10:51 AM
I know Nadal is meant to have 9.5 grams under the bumper of his racket and 2.5 grams under the grip/in the handle? Does this mean his racket is head heavy or will it still be head light due to the balance of an Aeropro Drive in stock? Thanks NolemurraY

i think that will make head heavy

Mr_Shiver
06-09-2010, 11:03 AM
Just go to the TW learning center or google swingweight calculator. You can enter customized specs and find out the adjusted measurements including balance. Very useful stuff.

Xenakis
06-09-2010, 11:12 AM
I've got an APD weighted the same and I'd say with the strings in it's almost even, perhaps slightly one way or the other. But that's using my balance-the-frame-on-my-finger-in-the-throat method, which isn't entirely scientific.

I could measure a balance point if I could be bothered :-)

Feels better to me than a more headlight APD anyway. I've got two and tried one with a more headlight balance and it didn't seem to drive through the ball as well.

The Nadal type of weighting feels quite comfortable to me, not harsh on the elbow or arm really.

lcstringer
06-09-2010, 03:36 PM
Just happen to do some of his sticks at RG and they are very close to what you buy off the rack. Balance is close to even. 25.5kg, rpm 15L.

dgoran
06-09-2010, 07:35 PM
From what I remember over the years his stick was measured 335gr 33.5 bal. To get that of of stock APD you will need only about 5 gr of lead at 12 o'clock.

Mr_Shiver
06-09-2010, 08:23 PM
You should search for FedFan's old post. He bought a Nadal stick that was auctioned off. That one came in at 333 grams i believe. Also Nadal will often use 2 overgrips instead of a normal grip, though not always from what i hear (which is odd for such an OCD guy). He uses an original APD, common knowledge i know. Even after the lead tape his racquet is damn light, but damn powerful.

NolemurraY
06-09-2010, 10:48 PM
Thanks for all the responses guys, so the generally feeling is that Nadal has a fairly even balanced racket. Thanks again NolemurraY

Jeewalk
06-18-2010, 01:07 AM
Just go to the TW learning center or google swingweight calculator. You can enter customized specs and find out the adjusted measurements including balance. Very useful stuff.

dude i love your picture!