PDA

View Full Version : Raquet Ball Court For Tennis Practice, Anyone???

WilsonPlayer101
06-09-2010, 06:48 PM
I sure hope this is the right forum to post this but I could not think of any other forum.

I am a member of a gym. They have indoor racquet ball courts. Five of them. Clear glass wall of entry then the rest are white walls. Any of you ever hit a tennis ball with your racquet in the racquet ball court for practice? No, not meaning I want to hit off all four walls but just the wall in front of me. I can go to the park and hit against the wall but I don't like that setup they have at the park. Plus it's summer or almost summer and it's hot out in So Cal. I felt the strength of the walls and they seemed strong. I don't see how a tennis ball can hurt the walls.

Before you say that I should ask the gym staff if it's okay I already did. They did not know if it's okay to hit a tennis ball in the racquet ball courts. They said you should be able to do it but if any other staff says that's a no-no then say sorry and don't do it again.

What is your experience with this?

Thanks

El Diablo
06-09-2010, 07:06 PM
Wear racquetball/squash shoes -- softer rubber on the soles, grip the court in a way tennis shoes won't. Not safe running around a racquetball court in tennis shoes.

WilsonPlayer101
06-09-2010, 07:09 PM
Wear racquetball/squash shoes -- softer rubber on the soles, grip the court in a way tennis shoes won't. Not safe running around a racquetball court in tennis shoes.

Thanks for the info. I learned something. I have tennis shoes made for tennis, I don't go on a tennis court with cross trainers but I did not know there were racquet ball shoes. That makes sense to me though. Thanks for the info.

Geezer Guy
06-09-2010, 08:47 PM
I used to do it quite a bit. The club I play at has racquetball courts as well as tennis courts. I always used to get to the club about half an hour early for matches and warm up on the racquetball court before meeting my opponent on the tennis court. Seemed to work OK.

I don't do it anymore. I play so often now that I can be totally warmed up and ready to play in less than 5 minutes.

cesarmo03
06-09-2010, 08:54 PM
my advice will be: try to be the most uncomfortable you can, only cuz you dont like the setup on the park or the weather that doesnt mean that you have to practice on a racquetball court, i can only imaging you with someone who is making you feel really bad and uncomfortable on the court, in the middle of the game saying: sorry i cant play this way you need to hit to my forehand this way so i can play better.