PDA

View Full Version : Need info on Buttcaps.

mach1
05-17-2005, 04:03 PM
I was wondering what kind of buttcaps I can put on my HPS. I dont like the stock wilson one. I think it's too big, too bulky. I want something smaller like a yonex, prince, or a fischer. Would a volkl soft buttcap fit?

gokou703
05-17-2005, 04:26 PM
they should all fit if you install them correctly. i would suggest a gamma butt cap, which isn't bulky. or a prince butt cap, especially if you can find one with a "trapped door" so you can add weight to the handle if you decided to.

Masamusou
05-17-2005, 05:02 PM
Other brands might fit, and I say might because the grip shape for a Prince racquet and a Wilson racquet are different. For example, Head racquets have a very flat grip, whereas Prince is more rounded. Even though the racquets are the same size, a Prince buttcap would not necessarily fit a Head racquet. I don't really know which brand is the closest to Wilson in grip shape off the top of my head.

Lakoste
05-17-2005, 05:26 PM
head buttcaps are very different from wilson buttcaps

newnuse
05-17-2005, 10:35 PM
Yonex is fairly close to Wilson in grip shape.
Head and Volkl are definitely different, more rectangular.
I would try the Yonex... or you can go really old school and go without the BC

yip kok kuin
05-18-2005, 01:24 AM
Try the Head Si6 butt cap. With a inbuilt vibration stopper that works. You may have to take some bit of your racket but it is worth it.

PrestigeClassic
05-18-2005, 02:07 AM
I would also try a Yonex butt cap; it seems to have a Wilson shape but is less flared to the end or something. Definitely does not feel as substantial.

AndrewD
05-18-2005, 03:41 AM
Not sure how it would go on a Wilson but I put a Volkl butt cap (the gel-type one from a t10mp GenII) on a POG and there was no trouble with the fit.

Personally, I find the new Prince buttcaps to be far too square and with too much overhang (overhang down along the handle pallet). Much prefer the older style ones which were a bit more rounded and seemed to fit more comfortably.

winks
05-18-2005, 03:54 AM
I was wondering what kind of buttcaps I can put on my HPS. I dont like the stock wilson one. I think it's too big, too bulky. I want something smaller like a yonex, prince, or a fischer. Would a volkl soft buttcap fit?

I would suggest first consulting a doctor before attempting to fit a buttcap yourself.

Lefty
05-18-2005, 04:52 AM
I'd be interested in any Wilson butt caps that might be left over. joemeyer@sover.net

mach1
05-18-2005, 08:41 AM
Ok...tried yonex....makes the racquet shorter.

What do you guys think of putting a 3/8 buttcap on my 1/2 grip?

mach1
05-21-2005, 09:38 PM
Hey guys, I still need ideas or info as to what buttcap would be best to replace the stock wilson one on my HPS. It's just way too big. Would fischer be good? and where would I be able to get them. Or can I put a smaller 3/8 size buttcap on my 1/2 grip racquets. The smaller the fatness of the buttcap the better.

Lakoste
05-22-2005, 08:01 AM
i dont get why you dont like wilson buttcaps.
I have one and i dont think its bulky or big.
I have the white one with red W if theres a difference.