PDA

View Full Version : Stanley Cup

T1000
06-10-2010, 06:49 PM
Anyone else feel that the Flyers outplayed the Blackhawks but only lost because their goalies gave up way too many easy goals? I watched every game and that's what I picked up. The Flyers were stronger and had more chances but Nieme just stopped everything. The Blackhawks had fewer chances but only scored because Leighton would allow easy goals that he should have saved. And just to add to it but why didn't the refs call a penalty at the end of the 3rd period on the Blackhawks? The announcers were saying that it was a clear penalty when one of the players fouled Leighton after he covered the puck with about 30 seconds left. This would have given them 1:30 to score in OT with a man advantage and they had a lot of chances at the beginning of OT without it, so they probably (not saying that's the reason they lost) would have scored. Thoughts?

Feņa14
06-10-2010, 07:00 PM
I wanted the Flyers to win, the mix of talented attackers and all round physicality is pretty exciting to watch.

I thought the series as a whole was pretty even and as I said at the time in the other thread, Philadelphia failing to take one of the first 2 games when they really should of cost them in the end.

jigar
06-10-2010, 09:23 PM
Well at the end of the day, you are as good as your defense.

hollywood9826
06-10-2010, 09:37 PM
Once Chi split up Towes/Kane line Philly had no answer. CHI was by far the most talented team.

jmnk
06-10-2010, 09:51 PM
Anyone else feel that the Flyers outplayed the Blackhawks but only lost because their goalies gave up way too many easy goals? I watched every game and that's what I picked up. The Flyers were stronger and had more chances but Nieme just stopped everything. The Blackhawks had fewer chances but only scored because Leighton would allow easy goals that he should have saved. And just to add to it but why didn't the refs call a penalty at the end of the 3rd period on the Blackhawks? The announcers were saying that it was a clear penalty when one of the players fouled Leighton after he covered the puck with about 30 seconds left. This would have given them 1:30 to score in OT with a man advantage and they had a lot of chances at the beginning of OT without it, so they probably (not saying that's the reason they lost) would have scored. Thoughts?
are you sure you are talking about the series that just ended? the Flyers maybe should have one one of the first two games, but they were outplayed in the fifth, in the sixth, and barely won in overtime in game 3. I give them all the credit for putting up a fight but to say they were stronger? penalties - well that can always be argued, the second Blackhawks penalty in the first period that led to Flyers scoring was pretty weak. They had no match for the Blackhawks speed and skills. Yah, the last goal was pretty soft but Flyers' defenseman was not exactly doing much to stop Kane. Perhaps he just couldn't.

SuperFly
06-11-2010, 08:34 AM
Anyone else feel that the Flyers outplayed the Blackhawks

Nope. Blackhawks were better all the way. You're wrong, I'm right. Thread closed.