PDA

View Full Version : Babolat AeroPro Control +....Something to get used to or just not the racquet for me?

wildmoose31
05-17-2005, 06:36 PM
I just got it in today. Strung with Nrg2 18 at the higher end of the rec. tension. For a while it felt nice and gave nice spin, but as the day went on, and I played a set it began to wear on me. At the moment im not sure whether its just something I just need to adjust to or its something that will continue but I began to not be able to hit the low balls (balls with backspin too) and they went into the net. Also my second serves became much less consistent from when i would double fault maybe once every 4 games to once every game or more. I had previously used a Volkl VEngine 10 mid for a while and a Bab PCT+. On a comparison between te PCT and the APC, I would say my first serves were harder and topspin was much better with the aeropro, while my serve consistency and forehand consistency was much better with the pure control team (strung with BAB VS gut 17g). I will continue with the aeropro for at least 5 or 6 more matches to see how it ends up, but I am wondering if anyone had similar experiences.
thanks