PDA

View Full Version : Is Rooney really that good?

Justdoit10
06-12-2010, 01:01 PM
It seems that the commentators cant stop talking about him. They constantly wait for him to do something amazing but the guy disappointed in todays game and also in the 2006 world cup. Does Rooney struggle to play his best football at the world cup or is he just overhyped?

Dream_On
06-12-2010, 01:04 PM
He struggles with england sometimes as they dont get the ball up to him as much as with manchester united as they dont have the same quality crossing the ball into him so he cant make something out of nothing.

Simple as

Breaker
06-12-2010, 01:05 PM
He's good and possibly one of the top 10 strikers in the world but is massively overrated, he won't single-handedly win games like they want you to expect.

Ross K
06-12-2010, 01:09 PM
Well, imo, he does have that extra gear or level that only the very best players can access... but does he do it, reach it, as consistently as the greats?... I don't think he does, no...

malakas
06-12-2010, 01:11 PM
he's good but as good as the commentators make him sound.

commentators should all be burnt at stake!thats the only solution.

SempreSami
06-12-2010, 01:31 PM
Isn't this basically the same argument people use to discredit George Best, saying he didn't deliever for his country?

Cesc Fabregas
06-12-2010, 01:33 PM
Good player. Not in the same league as Messi, Ronaldo, Villa etc. Not as good as Henry and Ronaldinho were in their prime either.

Feņa14
06-12-2010, 01:49 PM
I think he's a bit overrated.

To think he won all these individual awards this year when Drogba scored way more goals and helped his team to the league and cup double, it doesn't really seem right.

aceX
06-12-2010, 01:58 PM
Rooney = good
Football ≠ individual sport
Rooney on team ≠ team wins
Team loses ≠ Rooney bad

Dave M
06-12-2010, 02:07 PM
I think he's a bit overrated.

To think he won all these individual awards this year when Drogba scored way more goals and helped his team to the league and cup double, it doesn't really seem right.

I was waiting for that comment!;-)

I think he is that good, but when used the right way, which i dont think England do. I think he's as good as Ronaldo, (I don't care much for him though-too theatrical) Messi is on club form on another planet.
To b fair to best,h probably didnt re create his form on the national stage but he was playing for Northern Ireland.

Legend of Borg
06-12-2010, 02:10 PM
He is good, but in my mind Messi is a level above him. Some of the shots he pulled off today against Nigeria.... It's too bad the score was only 1-0.