PDA

View Full Version : Do you like to Haggle over Price?

RacquetDoctor
04-16-2004, 11:44 AM
Posted a message earlier...it's MIA...so let's format this another way...

When buying a racquet you will....

Benjamin
04-16-2004, 12:04 PM
Pay whatever Tennis Warehouse is asking!!!

Benjamin

tarheelbornjohn
04-16-2004, 12:16 PM
In a local retail store or tennis shop you may be able to talk them down. Not at a sportings good store or online. The best regular price you will find is somewhere like TW. All the online store will be close to each other so buy here for best service. However, you will find the best price on ****, but be careful. The service is much more likely to be difficult if there is a problem. The extra bucks is an insurance policy for getting what you want and having the company there if there is a problem.

RacquetDoctor
04-16-2004, 12:18 PM
tarheel,
I can tell you from personal experience, TW may have the best asking price.. but...

I don't want **** stuff included...just bonafide 'real' places to shop.

Flatspin
04-16-2004, 05:52 PM
I definetly check around for price. Good example, the Head LM mid is definetely to high at TW. It can be had cheaper. :shock:

Nas Eclipse
04-16-2004, 07:04 PM
i check around. i was gonna buy my dunlop 300g from here but i found another website where they sold if for $120 shipping included and stringing.

Good deal

Kirko
04-16-2004, 08:02 PM
Where I go they will match TW prc. , but I must qualify I"ve been a cust. for many yrs.

rubyou
04-17-2004, 06:12 AM
I know everyone wants to save a few bucks. But, when it cracks don't take it to a shop you didn't buy from and ask them to send it back for you. That's wrong!

Koz
04-17-2004, 07:26 AM
Do you haggle for groceries? I wasn't even aware the thought of haggling for *New* equipment was even out there :P. So, I'll answer "pay sticker price". I make sure to look around to see if I can get it cheaper somewhere else, but I never ask for a different price, unless it's to match a competitor. I haven't done so yet, but I'd imagine if I was cruizing the for sale/trade board, and found a used racquet I wanted, for a bit much, I might make a lower offer.

James Brown
04-17-2004, 09:20 AM
im not gonna haggle, but i will check for a place that wont GOUGE me on shipping... :>

RacquetDoctor
04-18-2004, 04:39 AM
Koz, Haggle over groceries? Not really...but I did ask for a better price at the meat counter when I was buying enough steaks to feed a small army...yes...I got a discount!

ibemadskillzz
04-18-2004, 08:22 AM
I purchase at least 60 bucks off the retail from where I get my rackets from. For example a Pure Drive is about 80 bucks and Head LM prestige is about 90. LM Radical is 75 and so on.