PDA

View Full Version : Tour 9 Gen2 or V1 DNX

Michael Musok
05-18-2005, 05:45 AM
I know the new V1 is for real and coming out soon but just wondering if a new Tour 9 Gen2 is a real possibility or just wishful thinking. I always loved the original V1 Classic but had a little too much power and really a little stiff. Now I hear (read NBMJ) that the new V1 is going to have controllable power and if it comes with a little softer flex than the original, I'd be real interested. I always thought that the V1 Classic was one sub 11 ounce racquet that wasn't hurt by it's lack of heft, probably something to do with being even balanced kind of like the old C8.
I used to play with the old Tour 9, and like most, gave it up grudgingly due to shoulder soreness. I now play with the Tour 10 Gen2 and really love the racquet but wonder what a softer flex Tour 9 Gen2 would play like. Does anyone know if such a racquet has a future? Also, anyone know the flex of the new V1 DNX?

Proud Pusher
05-18-2005, 11:43 AM
Sorry Michael, don't know anything about the other racquet, but I am
interested in the new V1 as well. (Currently use Quantum V1).

Does anyone out there know ANYTHING about the new V1??

Thanks,

Ken

Ben42
05-18-2005, 12:28 PM
Is the DNX V1 going to have Catapult or just the big grommets?

NoBadMojo
05-18-2005, 02:18 PM
i posted on this earlier..non catapulted..same profile as the reg V1, dont know about big grommets..using this new DNX material at 3 and 9 and also above the grip. similar specs to the reg V1. out sometime in the summer. supposed to be really sweet..will post something when one comes my way.