PDA

View Full Version : Weight of Prince Graphite Classic OS

mypoint
05-18-2005, 07:18 AM
:confused:
I brought a Prince Graphite Classic OS 8 years ago, today I found it is weight only 306g (strung). I check tw,and it say POG is weight 349g (strung). Did I buy a fake one?

AndrewD
05-18-2005, 07:31 AM
Prince are known for not speccing very tightly. The POG I had (bought from TW) wasn't 12.3ounces but closer to 12.9. You most probably just got one that missed the quality control, same as I did. Happens with all companies, some are just a bit more lax than others.

ferrari_827
05-18-2005, 08:00 AM
Andrew, 12.9oz vs. 12.3oz ????? That is a *huge* discrepancy. I would have sent it back immediately.

An acceptable tolerance is a few grams or 0.1oz, but no more.

AndrewD
05-18-2005, 09:02 AM
I didn't realise there was such a large discrepancy initially. To be honest, it was only out of curiousity that I weighed the thing. Got quite a surprise.

Didn't matter though. I just didn't enjoy playing with the POG OS. Too large a headsize, too soft a response and too unwieldy all-around. My mistake to buy it when I was just coming back to tennis instead of grabbing something cheap and then buying later. Funny thing is, all that time I had the old Prestige Pro sitting in my bag. Bought it for $40 from an op-shop and never thought Id like it so much LOL.

Would have kept the POG just for sentimental value, didnt matter about sending it back as I would have added weight to it anyway. Always played the old Dunlop 200G and it was up around the 12.9 range.

radical tourist
05-18-2005, 06:51 PM
I've seen them vary in swingweight by 15 points or more, but it's apparently not that unusual. Plenty of people play just fine with anything but few know their 'identical' racquets aren't identical.

Liebestod
05-18-2005, 07:28 PM
It's absolutely a fake one, especially if you bought it from mainland China, for those fake POGs were so popular there......

mypoint
05-19-2005, 02:51 AM
Does someone know whether POG OS has two versions: light version and tour version?

Gaines Hillix
05-19-2005, 04:28 AM
Does someone know whether POG OS has two versions: light version and tour version?

There was no "lite" version of the original Prince graphite classic OS that I've ever seen or heard of. A difference in weight of 43g is way beyond manufacturing tolerances for the same frame. That is over 1.5 ozs. Even that much difference in swingweight is pretty much unheard of.

hereiam
10-08-2006, 09:18 AM
It's absolutely a fake one, especially if you bought it from mainland China, for those fake POGs were so popular there......

Really!!! How come!!!

Do you have any clue or evidence? How are there market channel? There are so few shops to buy POG. why would anyone make fake frames that difficult to distribute?