PDA

View Full Version : Kohlschreiber's racket change

karophiteblu
06-15-2010, 05:19 PM
Why did Kohlschreiber go from the Blade 98 to the 6.1 95? Is this a sign saying that there won't be a BLX Blade?

ClubHoUno
06-15-2010, 06:10 PM
Just another paintjob my friend :)

Search & read in here and you will become wiser and more educated !!!

fundrazer
06-15-2010, 06:16 PM
Yep yep, ^^ the dude above me speaks the truth. He uses an older stick that Wilson paints to look like the new ones.

If I remember correctly, Kohli's racquet has PWS which the kblade does not. Easy way to see that he never used a kblade

NLBwell
06-15-2010, 08:30 PM
Paint job or not isn't relevant to the question. Is this a sign there not going to be a BLX blade? (I don't really care, but just clarifying that it's still a valid question.)

fundrazer
06-15-2010, 08:41 PM
^^Notice how the OP asked two questions, so our responses were indeed relevant. I guess the real question is does a PJ switch have any relevance to a blx blade coming out. I'd say no it doesn't, Wilson will probably release blx blades eventually. Remember the kblades came out a while after the K factor tech did.

karophiteblu
06-15-2010, 08:55 PM
^^Notice how the OP asked two questions, so our responses were indeed relevant. I guess the real question is does a PJ switch have any relevance to a blx blade coming out. I'd say no it doesn't, Wilson will probably release blx blades eventually. Remember the kblades came out a while after the K factor tech did.

Yes, I remember that the kblades came out a year after the six ones. My main question was what piqued Kohlcshreiber's interest in the 6.1, but that has already been answered. But in his Wilson website profile it says he uses the kblade98? and the throat design isn't the same as the 6.1 95

cork_screw
06-15-2010, 09:32 PM
Kohlschreiber isn't the federer of the blx 90. In other words, wilson doesn't market its line around kohlschreiber (why would you think so?) if he isn't using that paintjob, he'll use another.

Why did Kohlschreiber go from the Blade 98 to the 6.1 95? Is this a sign saying that there won't be a BLX Blade?

karophiteblu
06-15-2010, 10:07 PM
Kohlschreiber isn't the federer of the blx 90. In other words, wilson doesn't market its line around kohlschreiber (why would you think so?) if he isn't using that paintjob, he'll use another.

What I was guessing, but I was terribly mistaken, was that I thought Wilson told Kohlschreiber that some the top Wilson players who used the Kblade, such as Tsonga, left the team so that they might not come out with it.

What a ******** assumption but that happens sometimes haha.

ClubHoUno
06-15-2010, 11:42 PM
What I was guessing, but I was terribly mistaken, was that I thought Wilson told Kohlschreiber that some the top Wilson players who used the Kblade, such as Tsonga, left the team so that they might not come out with it.

What a ******** assumption but that happens sometimes haha.

You're laying far too much thinking into this in my view :)

Wilson need a German player to promote the BLX NOW, Kohlscreiber is their top player from Germany right now......Germany has a population of 95 million people and maybe 1 million tennis players.

Why do you need to reconsider why Wilson need to promote their new BLX line in EUROPE's largest country, when the BLX Blade is 5-6 months away from being released......come on....... Do you really need to think about WHY THAT IS SO ?

NLBwell
06-16-2010, 02:23 PM

Good information

lemmie
06-16-2010, 11:39 PM
Wilson need a German player to promote the BLX NOW, Kohlscreiber is their top player from Germany right now......Germany has a population of 95 million people and maybe 1 million tennis players.

Actually we have like 82 mio. people living in Germany and the German Tennis Association has about 1.5 Mio. official members.
http://www.dtb-tennis.de/1114.php?selected=1068

ClubHoUno
06-17-2010, 03:43 AM
Actually we have like 82 mio. people living in Germany and the German Tennis Association has about 1.5 Mio. official members.
http://www.dtb-tennis.de/1114.php?selected=1068

ThX.... :)

Zach
06-17-2010, 02:51 PM
If anyone remembers, Kohlschreiber played with a paintjob of the k six-one 95 before the kblads were released. I assume this will be a similar scenario to that. When the BLX Blade is released, if it is released that is, Kohlschreiber will most likely use it's paintjob.