PDA

View Full Version : How do you get rid of a killer sweet tooth?

Nubarron
04-16-2004, 11:37 AM
I CAN'T STOP MYSELF FROM EATING CANDY!!!!!! Please advise. Thanks.

normnmiles
04-16-2004, 11:53 AM
Switch to a sugarless candy? If you don't like the artificial sweeteners, try buying the snack size candy bars and limit yourself to one or two pieces a day. I find that usually helps cure my sweet tooth.

Cypo
04-16-2004, 10:02 PM
If you're still growing and not over weight, you're body probably needs the sugar - it's necessary for a lot of bodily developement (esp. the brain).

Otherwise, maybe try eating things like oatmeal or peanut butter cookies that at least have some nutritional value and will fill you up as well, or chewing gum ?

david aames
04-17-2004, 04:17 AM
Have you tried to substitute with fruits?

normnmiles
04-17-2004, 07:50 AM
Have you tried to substitute with fruits? Very good suggestion. Especially with the warmer weather more fruits will be available and in season. Oh man I can't wait for watermelon. Hummmm watermelon.

PHSTennis
04-17-2004, 07:27 PM
Hmmm, Im not diabetic, and I hate sugar... I dont know I just dont like it? Easy way is dont buy candy simple as that, thats how my dad quit smoking, im happy :), I broke my arm from varsity hs wrestling, the had to wait for me to get my xray and didnt have and cigarettes with him... he was too lazy to buy it the next day because he was busy working and didnt have time... all a sudden he just stopped... If someone can quit smoking I think you can quit sugar... :)

Anonymous
04-18-2004, 03:24 AM
get self-control,
eat other things (fruits) so you wont be hungry for candy

Slava
04-18-2004, 05:39 PM
What works for me is snacking on protein bars (the ones that don't have too much sugar, like EAS carb sense or the ones from the Atkins line). Not quite candy, but gives me the sugar fix.

Phil
04-19-2004, 01:01 AM
Nubarron - Simple advice: STOP STUFFING YOUR PIE HOLE WITH GARBAGE. That's it. I loved sweets, but after 7-10 days off of them, you don't even think about it. Fruits, low-sugar jam on wheat toast, peanut butter (from a natural foods store-not supermarket brands like Skippy and Peter Pan) and any carbs will provide you with all the sugar you need, which isn't all that much.

borisboris
04-20-2004, 08:18 AM
:P CHEW SUGARLESS GUM!!!!

jings
04-20-2004, 10:07 PM
Scare yourself silly and do some reading about what too much refined sugar does to your system and the problems you are almost certainly storing up for yourself in later years - diabetes is the least of your worries.

equinox
07-17-2009, 10:49 AM
Stand on the edge of a big boat and start sculling ice cold water continuously, 100% remedy.