PDA

View Full Version : Safari 5

AudiOphiLiA
06-15-2010, 09:13 PM
Any opinions on the new update?

Just wondering if anyone figured out how to disable the "new smarter search" in the address field. I liked the older address field better.

SuperFly
06-16-2010, 06:23 AM
I won't use any Apple software on my computer anymore. In one of their iTunes updates, Apple installed Safari on Windows computers without most people noticing it. I switched to Winamp and uninstalled every other Apple program on my PC.

Go with Firefox; it's faster and easier to customize.

Bartelby
06-16-2010, 08:19 AM
The reader function is excellent.

athiker
06-16-2010, 08:42 AM
I like Safari, have 5.0 installed on my Windows XP machine, but unfortunately can no longer use it. I installed a new HD on my machine and Safari worked fine, quick, etc., for a while and then started getting slow to the point its too frustrating to use now.

The same thing happened before I switched HDs. At first Safari was fine and then it slowed down and I could no longer use it. Chrome was still working fine though. I don't know what the deal is with it.

I mostly use Chrome now, even though there are still a few sites or pages on sites that are not optimized for it and I have to use IE. I've tried Firefox but just never cared for the look of it more than anything. I know people love it though.

I like the trim clean look of Safari the best and Chrome comes closest to it. I also use Gmail, Google Calendar and Google Bookmarks so I guess I've gradually turned into a Google computer user now.

mikeler
06-16-2010, 09:13 AM
My browser journey started with Mozilla, then went to Internet Explorer, followed by Netscape, more IE, Firefox and finally Chrome. I use Safari on the iPhone.