PDA

View Full Version : Rodge Beats Rafa

OddJack
06-16-2010, 07:58 AM
ESPN, before the Swiss Spain match showed Rodge and Nadal and said they go against each other again in Africa.

Well, Spain lost. They must be either tired, injured or their parents recently divorced.

The Baseline
06-16-2010, 07:59 AM
Its just a prelude to Wimbledon, same scenario, same result. Federer like Switzerland know whos number 1.

Bartelby
06-16-2010, 08:00 AM
Bit of an own goal there, unfortunately.

ESPN, before the Swiss Spain match showed Rodge and Nadal and said they go against each other again in Africa.

Well, Spain lost. They must be either tired, injured or their parents recently divorced.

Justdoit10
06-16-2010, 08:01 AM
Spain is actually trying to get bounced out of the world cup early in order to serve a lengthy doping suspension.

Switzerland will tank next round anyway to save themselves for the euro cup 2012

Semi-Pro
06-16-2010, 08:01 AM
I watched the match, Torres did *****all I must say, he was invincible.

swordtennis
06-16-2010, 08:04 AM
It was so cool 2 see the Swiss beat the Jugernaut Spain. Nadal also said Swiss had no chance in that interview with Fowler. Fowler and Gilbert absolutely r in manlove with Nadal. LOL!

Bartelby
06-16-2010, 08:04 AM
The Swiss simply suffocated the Spanish near goal. This is a very-defense oriented World Cup.

The Baseline
06-16-2010, 08:05 AM
Spain is actually trying to get bounced out of the world cup early in order to serve a lengthy doping suspension.

Switzerland will tank next round anyway to save themselves for the euro cup 2012

lol. the world cup is the biggest event in the world. everything you do in your soccer career is judged on how you performed in the world cup.

DragonBlaze
06-16-2010, 08:06 AM
This was a hilarious result :lol:. I think we all should come up with the various possible scenarios of how the next conversation between Rafa and Roger are going to go.

I'll start

"Hey Rafa, you know, did you, you know, watch the, you know, match?"

"I still whoop you in final, no?"

slice bh compliment
06-16-2010, 08:07 AM
The Swiss team played well today. But they just had a bad back, mono, and stayed up all night with the twins, so I don't see them getting to the Quarterfinal.

The Spanish team did not hold up to expectations: they did not pick their rear ends much at all today.

slice bh compliment
06-16-2010, 08:09 AM
The Swiss simply suffocated the Spanish near goal. This is a very-defense oriented World Cup.

True, so far. I think that might change as we move along, though. Hoping some of the teams who attack and counter-attack judiciously will emerge.

swordtennis
06-16-2010, 08:09 AM
Spain lost becuase the surface was 2 fast, hard on the knees and the ball was 2light! It is a setup!

Bartelby
06-16-2010, 08:12 AM
I'm not all that expert in the game, but the ball does not seem to spin, curve or dip as much as one sees it normally and not all games are played at altitude so it probably is the ball.

Legend of Borg
06-16-2010, 08:14 AM
Jokes aside, Spain had 24 shots to Switzerland's 8 as well as dominating ball possession by 63%, yet the final result speaks for itself. Strange things have happened before.

DragonBlaze
06-16-2010, 08:15 AM
Spain lost becuase the surface was 2 fast, hard on the knees and the ball was 2light! It is a setup!

I believe all the players parents were simultaneously having relationship troubles which led to the Spanish players under performing.

The simultaneous occurrence of this event is a bit suspicious and is under investigation. It is suspected to have been a conspiracy set in motion by the Wimbledon officials, all in hopes to give Roger Federer a morale boost against his cheif rival, Rafael El Toro Nadal.

More on this story as it develops....

bezs
06-16-2010, 08:16 AM
Its a sign i look forward to part 2 of this saga, at Wimbledon. :twisted:

mindgrinder
Oddjack with another ODD thread...get over it guys, jut a league match things will change, look how N korea got killed by Brazil...

DragonBlaze
Jokes aside, Spain had 24 shots to Switzerland's 8 as well as dominating ball possession by 63%, yet the final result speaks for itself. Strange things have happened before.

I believe as someone said -

Not always the better player (team) wins, you know. :twisted:

Legend of Borg
06-16-2010, 08:17 AM
Oddjack with another ODD thread...get over it guys, jut a league match things will change, look how N korea got killed by Brazil...

Are you being sarcastic? They lost 2-1 and gave Brazil a scare.

Justdoit10
06-16-2010, 08:17 AM
This is more proof that the grass has changed. Back in the day, a defensive team would have never been able to withstand the offensive all court football.

namelessone
06-16-2010, 08:21 AM
Not that suprising IMO, not for anyone who knows that Spain have always disappointed at the WC. I mean even my side, Romania, beat them in friendly a couple of year ago and trust me, we are not a good side since Hagi retired. Even the USA beat Spain 2-0 at Confederation Cup.

I must say that the match did suck, with the swiss being bottled up near their own goal most of the time and the spanish being unable to break through.

This WC has sucked major balls so far with few goals, annoying vuvuzelas and the favourites, with germany being the exception, playing like crapola most of the time.

Anyway the spanish, even if they beat in the next games,will probably finish second in the group and that will probably mean that they will go against brazil if I am not mistaken and then it is lights out for them.

I think Rafa will not be worried about Spain since most likely they will not be around by the time he starts WB:shock:

Bartelby
06-16-2010, 08:21 AM
Is it really the grass that made Torres and co push the ball too far in front of themselves?

Legend of Borg
06-16-2010, 08:28 AM
Is it really the grass that made Torres and co push the ball too far in front of themselves?

Others like Gerrard have blamed the Jabulani (the ball) for the lack of control. He was referring to the Green incident on Saturday which allowed the US to equalize.

inthemisosoup
06-16-2010, 09:06 AM
as malakas would say: swiss mafia strikes again!!! :twisted:

BreakPoint
06-16-2010, 11:01 AM
Actually, ALL the players on the Spanish team had injured knees. :lol:

JustBob
06-16-2010, 01:41 PM
Fans of Spain will claim they still have an 18 to 1 H2H against the Swiss.

jigar
06-16-2010, 04:42 PM
Swiss won because it was on grass..they would have lost if if played on dirt
:-)