PDA

View Full Version : Whose going to win game 7 of the NBA Finals??

Slazenger07
06-16-2010, 09:01 AM
What do you guys think?

Lakers/Celtics

Im goin with the Celtics, they played uninspired in game 6 but they always rebound from bad performances really well.

Andres
06-16-2010, 09:49 AM
The Lakers. I feel these lakers have more 'champion mentality' than the Celtics. And I feel like they deserve it more.

pro_staff
06-16-2010, 10:01 AM
Lakers. The loss of Perkins will really hurt the Celtics.

G-12
06-16-2010, 10:15 AM
Celtics all day. Kobe's cockyness won't work in game 7. Lakers = done.

mikro112
06-16-2010, 10:19 AM
Lakers FTW

Algo214
06-16-2010, 10:36 AM
hope Celtics, got the feeling it'll be Lakers

Dedans Penthouse
06-16-2010, 11:01 AM
Kobe's cockyness won't work in game 7.It worked in Eagle County, Colorado and it'll work in game 7.

I hope I'm wrong but as Pro_Staff mentioned, the loss of Perkins offsets Bynum's cranky wheel and the Celts inside presence unless "Big Baby" Davis goes off like he did in game 3 and that was only because Bynum wasn't able to swat Davis' very swattable shot away--who knows what the deal is with Bynum for game 7. More to the point, me thinks Paul Pierce needs a monster "30+" game (to offset Bryant's scoring) along with Rondo for Celts to have a chance.

Juges8932
06-16-2010, 11:51 AM
For Lakers to win: They need to come out exactly how they did in game 6. They need to come out full of confidence, energy, and effort. They need to have a good balance between all of the players. It's important that everybody runs the floor and hustles for rebounds. They need to pound it inside to the post, or have Kobe directing traffic and get into the teeth of the defense and draw double/triple teams like he has been all season. From there, he will find Pau/Bynum/Odom on the inside for the dunk/alley-oops/and 1/strong move. Once that gets established, it will open up the court for Kobe. Artest is more than likely going to be left open for the corner three and it is crucial that he is able to hit those. If Kobe can drive and have three options: Take it all the way, dump it to big man off the double, or kick it out to Ron for the three, it will be nearly impossible to stop the Lakers. Their defensive intensity was amazing in game 6. It was a pleasure to watch, contradictory to game 5, which was a mess to watch. If they can keep that up and get the momentum early, I think they can take the game from there on out. The bench also has to show up like they did in game 6. Game 6 was basically the perfect game for the Lakers and it needs to be replicated for them to take it. And also, and underrated aspect, the CROWD. The crowd has to be a riot and scream/yell/cheer for their home tea. The Staples' Center crowd can be lazy and quiet sometimes, but I don't expect that to be the case tomorrow. If they can channel that energy for the Lakers to feed off of, it will do a lot, I think.

For the Celtics to take it: Much like the Lakers, they have to come out and establish themselves early. They need to get Pierce involved early and frequently. They have not been utilizing Pierce as much as they can and should have. It's also a big question of whether Ray Allen's shot is going to show up or stay home. If his shot is falling, that will open up the court for the rest of the team and the Lakers can't feel OK with even playing slightly off him, but if he is shooting bricks all night, Fisher may feel that he can sag off a bit and help double/trap down in the post. You don't ever want to give a player like Ray daylight, but if they are getting torched in the post and he isn't playing well, it might force the Lakers hand. Rondo has to stay better composed and show the great decision-making ability that we've all come to know. He doesn't need to get involved with silly technicals, like pushing Artest. He needs to stay focused on his game, controlling the pace of the game, and being the field general. I don't think a triple-double performance is needed by him, but I think a 15/7/10/2 (pts/rbs/ast/stl) stat-line, which is impressive, but without Perkins, they will need some more rebounding from other places and Rondo is a great rebounding guard. He really needs to make sure he puts his stamp on the game. And of course, with Perkins gone, KG and Big Baby need to be enforcers for Boston. Big Baby needs to play like game 4, where he was giving all of his effort and working Pau Gasol. And also, Boston's bench needs to show up. Given how it's gone, only one bench is going to show up, so they better make sure it is theirs, otherwise, they will have no hope if the Lakers bench gives them 20+ points.

Stats that I think are going to be great indicators of who is going to win:
-Rebounds. Rebounds is often times, and certainly in this series, a great indicator of effort. Especially preventing offensive rebounds. The team who has given more effort and played with higher energy has one the rebounding battle and the game every single time.

-Who wins the first-quarter. I typically don't put much stock into stats, as it is more important to watch and judge from there, but certain correlations can not be ignored. The team to win the first quarter has also won every game, which usually is a useless stat, but given the context of the games, I don't think it is. The team to have won the first quarter won it because they completely imposed their will and dominated the other team, physically and mentally, breaking them early on. I expect both teams to come out fighting, and given it is a game 7, it is hard to imagine a team folding/buckling, but it might be something to watch.

Who I think will win: Lakers. I just don't think anybody wants it as badly as Kobe and I think the team has locked on to the prize since last game and are going to stay focused and driven. If both teams come with their best, I think the Lakers are also better, but it'll be close and fun. Hopefully both teams come out and ready to go for an epic game 7.

albino smurf
06-16-2010, 11:55 AM
I'm pulling for the Celts over the Lochs

Love Game
06-16-2010, 12:13 PM
It worked in Eagle County, Colorado and it'll work in game 7.

LOL ... so true! :lol:

After Kobe gave that press conference where he apologized to his wife for "adultery," and after he brokered that deal with Lynn (what's his last name) to pay off that Colorado girl, I haven't been able to enjoy watching the lakers play

So naturally I hope they lose .... in LA ....... not likely, but it w/b enjoyable

quest01
06-16-2010, 02:34 PM
I live on the east coast so I have to go with the Celtics, everyone that lives on the east coast must root for the Celtics while everyone on the west coast supports the Lakers. That's just the way it is, I have to support the Celtics in game 7. Anyone who lives on the east coast who supports the Lakers or vice versa isn't a NBA fan and is most likely a traitor.

Juges8932
06-16-2010, 02:52 PM
I live on the east coast so I have to go with the Celtics, everyone that lives on the east coast must root for the Celtics while everyone on the west coast supports the Lakers. That's just the way it is, I have to support the Celtics in game 7. Anyone who lives on the east coast who supports the Lakers or vice versa isn't a NBA fan and is most likely a traitor.

Lol, this is possibly the dumbest post I have ever read.

jigar
06-16-2010, 04:39 PM
Lakers FTW....Go lakers..

Talker
06-16-2010, 09:48 PM
I want the Celtics.
The Celtics can stop any team anywhere. If they hit shots, play their defense properly they can definitely win.
I haven't heard of Perkins status, if he just tweaked the knee some and is in good shape that's a big help. He'll have a few extra days off and should be ready to go.

Hard not to pick the Lakers though, their seven point favorites for game seven, they were 6.5 point favs for game six.

Go Celtics!!! :)

ChuDat
06-16-2010, 11:57 PM
I going for the Celtics. Even though they had a horrible game 6, I think they will regroup in game 7. I'm expecting a close game Celtic win by a 4 or 5 point lead

Talker
06-17-2010, 07:19 AM
Perkins is out, torn ligaments.
Doesn't look good for the Celtics at all, I doubt Wallace and big baby can do the job. It's too bad as the game looked like a real good one till now.

agassi fan
06-17-2010, 07:30 AM
Celtics Kobe is way to frikin cocky

Rockitdog
06-17-2010, 07:36 AM

Its called swagger! Kobe has it like MJ had it before him.

Rockitdog
06-17-2010, 07:39 AM
Lakers baby! I've been pulling for the Lakers ever since KG ran his mouth about knowing what he knows now about loyalty and wishing he would have left Minnesota earlier. The Wolves bent over backward for him and gave him everything he ever asked for (including the richest contract in NBA history) and he's gonna say we wren't loyal to him!

Juges8932
06-17-2010, 07:39 AM

Lol, because Pierce, KG, Rondo, Big Baby, and Nate Rob are so humble. Give me a break. Do you know what Paul Pierce said when they won in 2008? Do you know what he's been saying all playoffs, not just the Finals?

Kobe is cocky, yes, but he hasn't been doing any theatrics. He hasn't been talking **** and has actually been giving the Celtic's props all Finals. Talking about how great it is and how Tony Allen is a good on-ball defender. Not like he's sitting there doing little dances or spitting all over the place like Big Baby. He plays, makes huge plays/shots and goes back down the court. I don't see what he's said or done that makes it seem like he is the most cocky or inappropriately cocky, especially with some of the other garbage that has gone on.

r2473
06-17-2010, 09:53 AM
Lakers are 7 point favorites. I say they cover.

borg number one
06-17-2010, 09:59 AM
I think Bryant will likely be the difference. I think the Lakers will win Game 7.

Davis937
06-17-2010, 10:00 AM
Hey ... do you even have to ask ... I couldn't wait for the game so I cheated and caught the final score ... GO Lakers!

Justdoit10
06-17-2010, 10:04 AM
Federer is going to win.

lidoazndiabloboi
06-17-2010, 10:17 AM
i dont get how people can say kobe is cocky
all hes ever done is played his butt off and let his results do the talking

but if youre the best player in the world, you can damn well be cocky.

Mansewerz
06-17-2010, 10:25 AM
I think Kobe comes off as cocky on the court but I would think he's a nice guy otherwise. But he just has an arrogant air about him.

AV1
06-17-2010, 10:26 AM
i dont get how people can say kobe is cocky
all hes ever done is played his butt off and let his results do the talking

but if youre the best player in the world, you can damn well be cocky.

Agree.

Was MJ cocky?

Actions speak louder than words. Kobe, 7 finals appearances in 14 seasons. I'd be cocky too.

borg number one
06-17-2010, 10:30 AM
Agree.

Was MJ cocky?

Actions speak louder than words. Kobe, 7 finals appearances in 14 seasons. I'd be cocky too.

Yes. He sure was. He was also unbelievably competitive. Remember this shot? What a player.

http://bestplayerontheplanet.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/michael-jordan-kobe-bryant.jpg

jamesblakefan#1
06-17-2010, 07:16 PM
Kobe has played horribly tonight. Both teams really. 62-61 Celts in the 4th quarter w/ 6:49 left.

jamesblakefan#1
06-17-2010, 07:57 PM
LA takes it. Title #16(?) for the Lakers, #5 for Kobe (though he played 'turrible', as Charles Barkley would say)

Davis937
06-17-2010, 08:08 PM
Hey ... do you even have to ask ... I couldn't wait for the game so I cheated and caught the final score ... GO Lakers!

Hey Boston fans ... sorry I jumped the gun ... World Champions ... again ... GO Lakers!

ChuDat
06-17-2010, 08:09 PM
I was right about the point difference in the end.

Fee
06-17-2010, 08:25 PM
Ron Artest thanked his psychiatrist. Priceless.

jamesblakefan#1
06-17-2010, 08:42 PM

Hey, given his history, Lakers fans should be thanking her too. :)

ronalditop
06-17-2010, 08:43 PM
It seemed to me that Kobe got a little booed when he got the MVP trophy. I'm not sure tho, it just that I thought everybody would cheer really loud when he was being awarded the trophy, but instead it got really quiet.

comicalrlf
06-17-2010, 09:03 PM
It seemed to me that Kobe got a little booed when he got the MVP trophy. I'm not sure tho, it just that I thought everybody would cheer really loud when he was being awarded the trophy, but instead it got really quiet.

probably b/c Gasol played better tonight.

Tennis_Monk
06-17-2010, 09:21 PM

Not even close. I like Lakers and i am from east coast. I dont hate celtics per se but not a fan of their playing style.

In any case, it looks like Celtics are all done and washed up now.

As always, Its Los Angeles Lakers!!!

jamesblakefan#1
06-17-2010, 09:35 PM
Not even close. I like Lakers and i am from east coast. I dont hate celtics per se but not a fan of their playing style.

In any case, it looks like Celtics are all done and washed up now.

As always, Its Los Angeles Lakers!!!

I wouldn't write them off just yet. Next year's likely going to be a rebuilding year, KG does look done, but Pierce seems to have a good 2 years left, Rondo is a top 5 PG in the league and continues to impress, and Robinson and Davis could be key pieces for them in the future. The Big 3 may be done, but Boston isn't necessarily. Of course that hinges on whether Rivers comes back or not. We shall see.

/not a Boston fan

grimmbomb21
06-17-2010, 10:10 PM
Ray Allen is gone. That guy totally went away. KG looked slow out there tonight. Isn't Doc Rivers supposedly going to resign after this year? If so, good luck to them all. I'm just glad Garnett got his ring...

rromeo
06-17-2010, 10:16 PM

Phil Jackson said that Artest was their MVP tonite. So I guess that makes his psychiatrist the MVPP.:?