PDA

View Full Version : Tsonga modifications on his Aeropro Drive???...

Ross K
06-16-2010, 10:02 PM
Anyone know?... custom. mods?... lead?... which locations and how much?... grip info?... etc...

J-W Tsonga has always interested me actually re his frames... a casual googling of his image reveals a player with more different paint jobs than just about anyone... there has always been intense speculation as to what he's using - especially as re those old Wilson debates... I also initially had a lot of trouble believing he had switched to a Bab stick However, I think we are now all pretty much assured he switched to a genuine APD/C, and not least because it was proceeded by him checking out the Kobra...

Anyhow, just wondered if you experts know anything re his lead tape mods presently on that light, some say 'tinny' APD :roll: ... to be using that frame, and from what I'd guestimate from his previous racket use and from what I recall from previous posts, I'm guessing he's packing mucho lead tape etc!... but how much and where?... I don't think it's a mega-polized set up, right?... he's no Nadal I don't think with big lead @ 12 and a small amount in butt?...

So, yeah, Tsonga hitting the Aeropro Drive?... it would be really interesting to know his mods with that frame in particular.

Anyone?

TIA,

R.

baseline_monster
06-17-2010, 05:07 AM
There was a guy on here who had one of his frames, when he was using the Blade tour pj after the 08 aussie open. Im sure his weight and balance will still be about the same?

xFullCourtTenniSx
06-17-2010, 10:52 PM
There was a guy on here who had one of his frames, when he was using the Blade tour pj after the 08 aussie open. Im sure his weight and balance will still be about the same?

No matter how you look at it, these two frames will play DRASTICALLY different, simply due to the design of the frame. There's probably some changes to compensate. Or it could be 100% the same, but I there there will be some slight changes to deal with the different performance of the frame design... Maybe a little heavier? The Bryan brothers said they could put more weight on their Prince frames because they could get those frames through the air more quickly compared to their Wilson rackets, so they could add a little racket weight without losing racket head speed and get a little extra stability and pop.