PDA

View Full Version : Have you switched your frame?

gifted_shotmaker
05-18-2005, 12:57 PM
Who here has not wavered from using the same frame since they got "good"? I have been using the TT Bandit since I got "good" and no other frame I played with for fun has the feel I get when playing with this. Now I am just contemplating whether to go to the MP version from my OS.

POGO
05-18-2005, 01:04 PM
A good upgrade from the bandit is the TT Warrior. The OS feels and plays like the MP, but has better sweet spot than the MP. If your a baseliner, I would check out the Warrior OS.

gifted_shotmaker
05-18-2005, 01:10 PM
A good upgrade from the bandit is the TT Warrior. The OS feels and plays like the MP, but has better sweet spot than the MP. If your a baseliner, I would check out the Warrior OS.

I'm contemplating on getting a size lower because I want to see the added accuracy and control that smaller head sizes are said to give. My game is pretty big and I hit relatively flat.

POGO
05-18-2005, 01:11 PM
I'm contemplating on getting a size lower because I want to see the added accuracy and control that smaller head sizes are said to give. My game is pretty big and I hit relatively flat.
check out the warrior mp :)

gifted_shotmaker
05-18-2005, 01:12 PM
check out the warrior mp :)

okay, will do. thanks POGO. any other racquets that would give me the feel of the TT Bandit, therefore giving me the same result? Or better :confused: :)

Lakoste
05-18-2005, 01:19 PM
i've played with the tt warrior mp, and i think its a great racquet

tennissavy
05-18-2005, 01:28 PM
Hello gifted shotmaker!
I used to play with the bandit os and that was my breakthrough racquet. Until I switched to that racquet and customized it I had a horrible match record. After a while I tried other frames and settled for a while on the hornet os. I liked it but like you sought even more precision. I made the switch to the hornet mp. The feel is very much like the bandit because of the same sweetspot suspension system but it is stiffer than the bandit so you really do get more precision, due to headsize, and more power, thanks to stiffness- an enviable combination. I would recommend switching to the hornet mp. Give it some time for you adapt and you might be happy like me.

ambro
05-18-2005, 02:18 PM
Since people are reccommending the Warior, I would also recommend the More Control MP. It is very similar to the Warrior, but somehow felt better to me. Maybe it was the Air Handle or Grommetless system, but it just felt better.

Safina
05-18-2005, 07:32 PM
just so you are warned... the Bandit MP plays about 100 times stiffer than the OS. my gf plays the OS and when I have hit with it, it seems very nice... but the MP felt gawd-awful.

AndrewD
05-18-2005, 08:03 PM
Well, Id have stuck with the same frame I was using when I got 'good' but Dunlop discontinued the 200G (Mac and Graf version) about 10 years ago.

wildmoose31
05-18-2005, 08:05 PM
I "got good" with a Head iRadical, which at the moment is only about five racquets ago, I keep changing my mind and trying a new one.

Fatmike
05-19-2005, 09:02 AM
bought 3 since last august

head Ix5 (recommended by some dumb clerk)

head LM Fire, which is nice but too stiff and powerfull (nice serves though)

Yesterday I got a head flexpoint radical tour

gifted_shotmaker
05-19-2005, 11:13 AM
Do you think that Prestige Classic Mid would suit me? I have tinkered swinging with a Yamaha Secret Mid before but I understand that these are two different racquets. Other than the Secret I have not swung any other Midsize frame. Here is my criteria: a frame that can help contain the power I already bring and help accuracy in all shots from serves, volleys, groundies, etc. I'm an advanced, mostly baseline player who hits relatively flat but I have not played a USTA event in a while. I usually just hit with my dad or some other guys at the club and public park. No coach at the moment, but will start lessons with a new coach in about a week. Any other criteria you need to help me, just ask.

gifted_shotmaker
05-19-2005, 11:58 AM
Well, Id have stuck with the same frame I was using when I got 'good' but Dunlop discontinued the 200G (Mac and Graf version) about 10 years ago.

How about this frame? Do you think either the 200G or Prestige Classic would be suitable for me based on my criteria?

POGO
05-19-2005, 05:52 PM
gifted shotmaker,

Did you check **** out for the TT Bandit MP?

Brad Smith
05-19-2005, 08:02 PM
How about this frame? Do you think either the 200G or Prestige Classic would be suitable for me based on my criteria?

The 200G shouldn't be used by anyone who didn't learn to play with wood. It's too different from anything being made now and unless you want to relearn your entire game I wouldn't recommend it.

The Prestige Classic is a great frame but like the 200G it requires a certain technique and level of play to use it well.

gifted_shotmaker
05-20-2005, 11:10 AM
gifted shotmaker,

Did you check **** out for the TT Bandit MP?

Yes, I'm looking at this one- http://cgi.*********/ws/****ISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=22715&item=7158070839&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW The *'s are e b a y. c o m.

My regular grip size is 4 3/8 but I can play probably play with 4 1/2. What do you think about this **** item?

safin_protege
05-20-2005, 11:54 AM
I haven't switched from the i.prestige since I got 'good'. It was my first player's racquet, and I haven't demoed any racquet other than it...I recently cleaned out all racquet distributors of i.prestiges, and plan to stick to them for awhile.

As for gifted_shotmaker, the Prestige Classic is very difficult to find, I recommend you try out the i.prestige if you are looking for a good frame from Head.

However, if you like Prince's racquets, and are looking for more control, than you can try another 'Triple Threat' such as the Rebel, or try out new racquets like the Diablo or O3 Tour :)

POGO
05-20-2005, 01:42 PM
Yes, I'm looking at this one- http://cgi.*********/ws/****ISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=22715&item=7158070839&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW The *'s are e b a y. c o m.

My regular grip size is 4 3/8 but I can play probably play with 4 1/2. What do you think about this **** item?
I would go for it. That is what you are looking for right? Looks to bee in great condition.

gifted_shotmaker
05-20-2005, 02:20 PM
I would go for it. That is what you are looking for right? Looks to bee in great condition.

yep, it's what I'm looking for. Let's hope I don't get any competition, maybe I will use the "buy now" option.

Onecoldcat
05-20-2005, 04:54 PM
I once played the Bandit...actually both the OS and the MP, since then I've played several different racquets...and I keep coming back to the TT Warrior OS and I've played both the OS and the MP in this one. Trust me of the two, you should try the OS, it plays like a MP in terms of control, yet gives you a larger sweetspot. Trust me, you won't regret it! I'm playing with the Warrior OS currently after having tried the LM Rad MP and the new Flexpoint Tour.

Good luck in your search!

POGO
05-20-2005, 05:34 PM
I once played the Bandit...actually both the OS and the MP, since then I've played several different racquets...and I keep coming back to the TT Warrior OS and I've played both the OS and the MP in this one. Trust me of the two, you should try the OS, it plays like a MP in terms of control, yet gives you a larger sweetspot. Trust me, you won't regret it! I'm playing with the Warrior OS currently after having tried the LM Rad MP and the new Flexpoint Tour.

Good luck in your search!
I just saw a brand new Warrior OS at **** for a buy now price of $49.99.

gifted_shotmaker
06-04-2005, 07:45 AM
POGO,

Thanks for recommending that site e - r a c k e t s .com. I had TW match the price for the TT Bandit MP since the other site did not carry my grip size and I got a good deal with TW. I will post my thoughts on the MP.

Thanks again

andfor
06-04-2005, 07:49 AM
If it gives you an edge percieved or real, go for it!