PDA

View Full Version : help me remember a movie title

ramseszerg
06-20-2010, 10:15 AM
It's a Hong Kong/Chinese movie, where they have 2 top assassins in the country compete with each other, and there's a girl in the mix as well. The opening scene has one of the assassins show up a jail with a shotgun disguised by flowers. I've been trying to remember this movie for years!

CanadianChic
06-20-2010, 10:46 AM
Who is in it?

ramseszerg
06-20-2010, 10:56 AM
I don't know.. there is also a scene where one of the assassin protagonists escape, with the girl, from an apartment from a large group of armed SWAT type guys.

CanadianChic
06-20-2010, 10:57 AM
I don't watch martial arts films if this is what it is. You really have no clue anyone who was in it? How about the year it came out? Producer?

West Coast Ace
06-20-2010, 11:10 AM
I'm with CC - and I DO watch HK action flicks. 'Google is our friend' - but we need to give it a little to go on.

This did remind me to check where 'Accident' (Louis Koo) is in my Netflix queue. Still not available: $(*&%($^ !

edberg505
06-20-2010, 11:12 AM
I think the name of the movie you are looking for is "FullTime Killer". Pretty good Hong Kong action flick.

babbette
06-20-2010, 11:30 AM
Here are 2 lists with Chinese movies
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ninja_films

this one goes back as far as 1998. Maybe one of them will trigger your memory.
http://chinesemov.com/default.aspx

if you find it let us know. :)

West Coast Ace
06-20-2010, 11:35 AM
I think the name of the movie you are looking for is "FullTime Killer". Pretty good Hong Kong action flick.That was a good movie. Wonder if that is the one he's trying to remember...

babbette
06-20-2010, 11:43 AM
while we're at it can I also ask for a movie title?

It's an 80's Kung fu movie. With 2 females as leads. I don't remember if they were both cops but one of them definitely was. One woman was blonde with short boyish haircut and the other was Chinese. Both women could kick ***. Does anyone know?:-?

ramseszerg
06-20-2010, 11:50 AM
It was Fulltime Killer, thank you! Apparently five years ago when I watched this I didn't know who Andy Lau was.

Tina
06-20-2010, 11:54 AM
http://www.chine-informations.com/images/upload2/Star_Andy20Lau_013.jpg

babbette
06-20-2010, 01:09 PM
while we're at it can I also ask for a movie title?

It's an 80's Kung fu movie. With 2 females as leads. I don't remember if they were both cops but one of them definitely was. One woman was blonde with short boyish haircut and the other was Chinese. Both women could kick ***. Does anyone know?:-?

Ooh nevermind. Nobody wanted to help me so I searched high and lows and found it.

It was called yes madam (1985)
http://i45.tinypic.com/e0nxgm.jpg

With Cynthia Rothrock (the blonde) and Michelle Yeoh 2 of the women to have played a key role in the Kung fu movie genres.

I loved this movie as a kid.

albino smurf
06-20-2010, 01:26 PM
Check out Time and Tide if you like these types of movies

edberg505
06-20-2010, 01:52 PM
It was Fulltime Killer, thank you! Apparently five years ago when I watched this I didn't know who Andy Lau was.
No problemo, I have the uncanny ability to recall obscure things. I would have helped you out too Babette, but I didn't check back soon enough. Cynthia Rothrock was pretty big action star in the 80's.

JustBob
06-20-2010, 01:55 PM
Yup, definitely "Fulltime Killer" by Johnnie To, one of my favorite HK directors. Pretty good flick, although I tend to prefer To's less commercial, more minimalistic endeavors. Check out his masterpiece, "The Mission", and what you could call the unofficial sequel (same characters) "Exiled". "PTU" is also amongst my favorites. Nobody films the streets at night like To, except perhaps Michael Mann. The gangster saga "Election 1 and 2" is also pretty good, as is "Breaking News", especially for the first 10-12 minute shootout which was done in a single take. For more goofy To, watch "Running on Karma" where a monk played by Andy Lau turns into a bodybuilder with a special psychic powers and helps a female cop find a killer. The bodysuit which makes Lau kindda look like Hulk is a bit distracting but it's still an entertaining film.

Someone mentionned "Accident" and it's a very good film. It was produced by To and helmed by a 1st time director and it has To's minimalistic style written all over it.

JustBob
06-20-2010, 01:58 PM
Me too Babette, I just read this thread but "short blond hair" immediately spelled Cynthia Rothrock, and 80's kung-fu Chinese female star pointed towards Michelle Yeoh. :)

West Coast Ace
06-20-2010, 02:19 PM
... by Johnnie To, one of my favorite HK directors. ...Yes, Johnnie To is awesome. 'Exiled', 'PTU', and 'Breaking News' are all great.

Where do you live? How did you see 'Accident' already?

JustBob
06-20-2010, 02:44 PM
Yes, Johnnie To is awesome. 'Exiled', 'PTU', and 'Breaking News' are all great.

Where do you live? How did you see 'Accident' already?

I live in Canada. But I purchase region 3 HK dvd's all the time (some are often "all region"). They are usually pretty cheap. Of course, you need a region free DVD player to play region 3 discs.

Here's where I got "Accident":

http://www.yesasia.com/us/accident-dvd-hong-kong-version/1021422532-0-0-0-en/info.html

West Coast Ace
06-20-2010, 02:57 PM
Here's where I got "Accident":
Thanks. Good to know.

babbette
06-20-2010, 04:56 PM
Ah ok. I was just too fast then. :oops:

babbette
06-21-2010, 12:07 PM
ramseszerg, i'm going to take advantage of your thread.:oops:

Anyone, i'm searching for another movie.It must have been 80's too though I am not sure. I don't remember the full story...
2 brothers were seperated when they were young. I think they had a sister and were seperated from her too. (not too sure anymore.) The boys were trained to be warriors. They grew up to be that. I think one day the brothers had to face each other in battle they didn't know they were brothers..they found out later..They dressed like Conan the warrior....does anyone know what i'm talking about?:confused:

My sisters and I loved that movie. There was a song in the film that my sister kept singing with the lyrics "will be done".:confused: Gosh I liked the most unpopular movies.:confused: I hope someone knows what i'm talking about.

jms007
06-21-2010, 12:24 PM
Double Impact with JCVD

goober
06-21-2010, 12:29 PM
Double Impact with JCVD

that was such a bad movie.

babbette
06-21-2010, 12:43 PM
Double Impact with JCVD

No definitely not double impact. I know all the van damme movies.

AI think it might be this. My streaming is choppy so I can't see anything that triggers my memories. I'll pass it to my sister see if it triggers her memory.:confused:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icbhwoZE7iA

There's another movie i'm looking for as i'm building up my collection but I'll spare y'all the bad 80's movies.:oops: