PDA

View Full Version : Post your favorite Nigerian banking scam e-mails

Aldi Patron
06-21-2010, 02:43 PM
I get e-mails pretty much every day asking me to donate money. This one I found particularly interesting:

"From Sgt.Adam Bill:

Good day and compliments, I know this letter will definitely come to you as a huge surprise, but I implore you to take the time to go through it carefully as the decision you make will go off a long way to determine my future and continued existence.

Please allow me to introduce myself. I am Sgt. Adam Bill, a US Marine Sgt. serving in the 3rd Battalion, 25th Marine Regiment that Patrols the Anbar province, Iraq. I am desperately in need of assistance and I have summoned up courage to contact you. I am presently in Iraq and I found your contact particulars in an address journal.

I am seeking your assistance to evacuate the sum of Nine Hundred Thousand US Dollars (Nine Hundred thousand USD) to the States or any safe country, as far as I can be assured that it will be safe in your care until I complete my service here.

This is no stolen money and there are no dangers involved.

SOURCE OF MONEY: Some money in various currencies was discovered and concealed in barrels with piles of weapons and ammunition at a location near one of Saddam Hussein's old Presidential Palaces during a rescue operation and it was agreed by all party present that the money be shared amongst us.

This might appear as an illegal thing to do but I tell you what? No compensation can make up for the risks we have taken with our lives in thishellhole.

The above figure was given to me as my share and to conceal this kind of money became a problem for me, so with the help of a British contact working with the UN here (his office enjoys some immunity)

I was able to get the package out to a safe location entirely out of trouble spot. He does not know the real contents of the package as he believes that it belongs to an American who died in an air raid, who before giving up trusted me to hand over the package to his close relative. I have now found a secured way of getting the package out of Iraq for you to pick up. I do not know for how long I will remain here, as I have been lucky to survive 2 suicide bomb attacks by Pure Divine intervention.

This and other reasons put into consideration have prompted me to reach out for help. If it might be of interest to you then Endeavor to contact me and we would work out the necessary formalities but I pray that you are discreet about this mutually benefiting relationship.

Respectfully,
Sgt.Adam Bill:
United States Marine Corps. IRAQ"

Beautiful.

Tina
06-21-2010, 02:46 PM
I get used to it.

jigar
06-21-2010, 03:27 PM
TW forum will be full of it.. I receive 2-3 every day.. All are pretty same except changed name.

Aldi Patron
06-21-2010, 03:45 PM
I get used to it.

I'm pretty used to it as well, but I had to admire the ingenuity of someone to come up with that kind of a story.

ilovecarlos
06-21-2010, 03:45 PM
My favorite one came from a gunrunner, the notorious Arms Akimbo:)

T1000
06-21-2010, 05:56 PM
I deleted the e-mail but here's the summary:

Some widow contacted me to keep $500 billion USD that he inherited from her husband. She and her son were on the run from the mercenaries that killed her husband while he was taking a walk in the town. Her husband was also the prince of this town (somewhere in Africa) and a druglord.

HistorysStrongestDisciple
06-21-2010, 06:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRnoUNwFOkE

look at 1:10...this is pretty much how they all are

OKUSA
06-21-2010, 07:04 PM
i have never gotten one of these e-mails, feel very left out

fed_the_savior
06-21-2010, 07:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IQqd17p9_0

Yaz
06-21-2010, 08:14 PM
Here's a related funny site

http://www.419eater.com/

it's about people who bait these guys for fun and make them do stupid things - hilarious

Ash_Smith
06-21-2010, 11:42 PM
^^^ 419eater is one of my favourite sites! some of the stories on there are hilarious. I've never managed to bait a scammer into doing a "safari" but I did string along a "US Marine Capt" for a while and got him to tell me lots of his war stories - which were very funny!

Ash

Rockitdog
06-23-2010, 05:35 AM
GREETING IN THE NAME OF OUR LORD
GLORIFICATION MASSAGE
FROM Marjorie Waterfield

My name is Mrs. Marjorie Waterfield a nationality of solomon Island. I am married to late Mr. John Marjorie who worked with embassy in Ivory Coast for nine years before he died in the year October 2002. We were married for twenty years without any child. He died after a briff illness that lasted for two weeks . Before his death we were both born again Christians.

When my late husband was alive we deposited the sum of $12Million (twelve Million U.S. Dollars) with one of the good banks in Abidjan Presently,this money is still with the bank.

Recently my Doctor told me that I would not last for the next three months due to my cancer problem. Though what disturbs me most is my stroke Having known my condition I decided to donate this fund to church or a good Christian individual that will utilize this money the way I am going to instruct herein after.

I want a person or church that will use this fund when received to churches, orphanages, research centres and widows propagating the word of God and to ensure that the house of God is maintained. The Bible made us to understand that blessed is the hand that giveth.

I took this decision because I have no child that will inherit this money its based on this i and my late husband decide to use the money to work for God.My husband?s relatives are not Christians and I don?t want my family hard earned money to be misused by unbelievers.

I don?t want a situation where this money will be used in an ungodly manner.Hence the reason for taking this bold decision. I am not afraid of death hence I know where I am going to. I know that I am going to be in the bosom of the Lord.

As soon as I receive your reply I shall give you the contact of the bank here in Abidjan so that you will contact them on my behalf. I will also issue you a letter of authority that will empower you as the new beneficiary of this fund.

I want you and the church to always pray for me because the lord is my shepherd. My happiness is that I lived a life of a worthy Christian. Whoever that wants to serve the Lord must serve him in spirit and truth.Please always be prayerful all through your life. Any delay in your reply will give me room in searching for a church or good Christian individual for this same purpose. Please assure me that you will act accordingly as stated here.

Expecting to hearing from you
Remain blessed in the name of the Lord.

Mrs. Marjorie Waterfield

NickC
06-23-2010, 05:40 AM
Dateline NBC had a special on this a few months back. It was really funny.

Anaconda
06-24-2010, 03:32 AM
Have to love the Phishing scams. :)

jmverdugo
06-24-2010, 04:55 AM
and beleive it or not, some people still get caught on these things! My mother in law calls my wife and me EVERYTIME she gets this type of emails just to ask what to do, one day I am going to tell her that it is a real deal just to see wha she is going to do. Some people love the idea of easy money.

Marcus
06-24-2010, 07:01 AM
From The Desk of Dr. Bill Antone,
Royal Bank of Scotland PLC
48 Haymarket, London, SW1Y 4SE.
Fax: +447023079680, 447023095667
Email:(billantone02@w.cn)

Good Day Friend,

I know this letter may come to you as a surprise since we have not met
before. I got your contact from the world trade

bureau. My name is Dr. Bill Antone, Director of accounts, Royal Bank of
Scotland plc. A contractor who is a customer named

ENGR. REINIER PRITCHARD, made a deposit valued at USD$25.2 million United
States dollars.

Upon maturity, I sent a routine notification to his forwarding address but
got no answer. After a month we discovered from

his contract employers that the depositor had died. On further
investigation, I found out that he died without making a will.

However, my proposal is to front you as the next of kin to the deceased
Customer of our bank, if this transaction interests

you, kindly let me know so I can brief you on how we will execute this deal.

I completely trust you to keep this proposition absolutely confidential and
Kindly forward your full names, contact address,

telephone and fax numbers where I can reach you easily. I have suggested
that we share the funds as follows 50% for me 40%

for your effort and 10% for expenses, I look forward to your earliest
response through my alternative email Address below:

(billantone02@w.cn) for security reasons.

Yours Sincerely,
Dr. Bill Antone.

cmb
06-24-2010, 11:47 AM
lol, I actually sent him back a letter before I realized this was a scam, thing is that I had been corasponding with some people in asia trying to get a gig, and this came in my inbox, I was like ok. But then I realized it was a scam.

How are you today. Thanks for your interest in the Head Coach/Manager position with the Yuxiang Tennis Academy.

Your detailed C.V have been submitted to the members committee of the Yuxiang Tennis Academy for review and approval. Your official role would be the Head Coach and your responsibilities will include coordinating, training, organizing, accelerating the learning process.

I have personally discussed with the member committee of the Yuxiang Tennis Academy which is an eight(8) man committee set up by the Chinese Sports Council to look into contracting the Head Coach of the academy.

Also Medical Examination will be conducted here in China on your arrival by our medical experts to ascertain the true health condition of the Head Coach before commencement of the contract.Also immunization shots will also be administered to the Head Coach as preventive measure on certain communicable diseases like Swine flu,TB etc

You also have the responsibility of Selection, supervise and evaluate assistant coaches.You may need to expand to all levels from mini tots to advanced tour players to 80 year old social players just to make it more profitable, you can also initiate other good strategies in the academy as the Head Coach/Manager of the Academy if this contract is awarded to you.

You are to manage the academy budget and market,promote Yuxiang Tennis Academy program

Yuxiang Tennis Academy is looking at building on this and make it a profitable academy at beginner and intermediate level for the Chinese Sport Counsil CSC in the nearest future.

All salaries and benefits will be paid in United States Dollars as already specified in the contract scheme.

Skills Assessment Authority: Before you can migrate to China as a skilled migrant,you must have skills assessed by the relevant national assessment authority. The Assessment Authority for occupation and Contract is-Ministry of Labour and Social Security(MOLSS).

The MOLSS is the authority in China responsible for assessing this occupation or contract for the purpose of skilled migration. Factors which are to be considered in assessment include your achievement and qualifications.

This Contract may require you to obtain licensing or registration from our local province before you can coach in the tennis Academy and sign a contract with the Chinese Sport Counsil CSC.

Luxury Apartments: Air-conditioned 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms with fully fitted kitchen, laundry room, lounge/dining room and balconies.Suitable for families or small groups (up to 5 people).Two swimming pools and private communal garden. 1 kilometer from the tennis Academy. Our living apartments is Private.

Salary and Benefits: $15,800 Monthly,can be transferred to any Bank or Country of your choice. Furnished House,Air Way Ticket, Health and dental Insurance,language tutor.

Contract Duration: 18 months (Liable for upward review depending on your commitment and expertise)

Once your CV/RESUME is considered for this position as the Head Coach of the Academy, you will need to go though Licensing and Authourisation via the Ministry of Labour and Social Security (MOLSS) for your Alien Coaching Certification Registration and Authorisation Letter issued before this contract can be signed by you and the Chinese Sport Counsil for Yuxiang Tennis Academy.

The skilled employment migration process of China is different among other countries, we shall guide and direct you on the steps to enable you get the Alien Coaching Authorization letter/license from the Chinese Sport Counsil CSC.

Kindly get back to us,if you think you can satisfactorily create a great impact in the development of this academy and the young players.

Regards,

Mr. Lee Chang
Yuxiang Tennis Academy
00 86 135 8059 9147

hollywood9826
06-24-2010, 12:06 PM
If you were trying to get a gig in China and you were sent this what exactly tells you its a scam? I dont if a scam would be this specific as an unprovoked mass amiling.

I dont knwo what coaches make but 16k a year and free living arangements seems too good to be true. But maye not, China has been known to pay to bring foregin coaches in.

diredesire
06-24-2010, 12:10 PM
Yo, can you guys remove the reply e-mails and links from these copy/pastes? Just... in case ;)

Rockitdog
07-29-2010, 08:40 AM
Just got this one today-Subject: Jumbalani

Dear winner,

Your email address was selected in the July Microsoft awards in
commemoration 2010 FIFA World Cup Finals and was selected to
win Five hundred-thousand USD.

Please for more info contact your claims agent: Chris gold
chris231gold@yahoo.com

Regards
Coordinator.

ollinger
07-29-2010, 09:45 AM
As nobody bothers to read these in their email, is there a reason to read them now??