PDA

View Full Version : Bussiness Idea - Future Tennis Academy

Dtennis
06-21-2010, 03:18 PM
What would you want/expect?

I am a young man that would like to build a tennis academy such as Bollettieries when I am older and would like to make champions and make people happy.

Please give your insight of what you would want from a tennis academy now or when you were younger in order to make your trainings and time spent a success?

(Serious answers please! :) )

Dtennis
06-21-2010, 04:07 PM
No ideas?

Maybe I should re-state the question.

What, in your opinion, makes a tennis academy like Bollettieries, the best tennis acacdemy? I would like to create one just as successful, maybe more successful in the future. Thanks!

zapvor
06-21-2010, 04:18 PM
why is bolettieri the best

Dtennis
06-21-2010, 04:29 PM
Ok Sanchez-Casal, Bolletieris, Bruega, Top-Tennis, you know: the big names. What makes them an academy that many prosper from and keep attending?

zapvor
06-21-2010, 04:31 PM
i would venture to say the pros that run them

beedlejuice22
06-21-2010, 04:56 PM
Those places are basically concentration camp. Refer to Hitler's plans and the Japanese camps in the US.

jigar
06-21-2010, 11:22 PM
You have to be better by yourself to market your academy and then hire some good coaches. It is all about brand name and marketing.

ProgressoR
06-22-2010, 03:54 AM
success breeds success, the more successful you are the easier it is to do more business, its obvious I know.

The hardest bit is the first part, how to get that initial success with no prior track record.

You could use well know pro's to market it or even teach there, and marketing is everything, but you need an USP to stand out, like anything. Could be cost, lifestyle offered at the camp, holistic approach, availability of plenty of short term courses like weekends, i dunno what else, i am not an expert on current camps, but the proposition remains the same. Entering a competitive market which has established players. What gives YOU the edge? how do you get that edge?

El Diablo
06-22-2010, 07:10 AM
You may lack the patience to run such a business. You waited less than an hour between your first and second posts here, at which point your frustration manifested itself. I'd want my child taught by people with more patience.

10s talk
06-22-2010, 08:20 AM
1) you will need a lot of money to get started

2) you will need some top pros to attract students

3) you will be dealing with pushy parents, and spoiled brats

4) you will be dealing with a bad economy

my advice start small, with a local program

Dtennis
06-22-2010, 11:49 AM
You may lack the patience to run such a business. You waited less than an hour between your first and second posts here, at which point your frustration manifested itself. I'd want my child taught by people with more patience.

I thought that the question was unclear, therefore I restated it.

himynameisNIKE
06-22-2010, 11:52 AM
1. find a little kid
2. train him until he goes pro and wins wimbledon
3. attract more people because of this
4. ?????
5. PROFIT!!!

albino smurf
06-22-2010, 11:53 AM
I would learn how to spell my competitors name. Then I would learn how to spell the word business. Not necessarily in that order.

Dtennis
06-22-2010, 12:17 PM
I would learn how to spell my competitors name. Then I would learn how to spell the word business. Not necessarily in that order.

Nice man, good catch! Thanks for that!

chalkflewup
07-09-2010, 02:42 AM
Apply for a job at an academy and learn. Apply elsewhere and quit when you land another job. Learn more. Repeat formula. Then start small.