PDA

View Full Version : tecnifibre

silent_death
05-19-2005, 01:45 AM
which racket is the best out of the 2 ranges of tecnifibre rackets??i've already tried tfight 325 and felt it was stiff and the tfeel 305 jus lacked the feel i wanted...my coach says that the lighter rackets are betta...which one do u guys think i shld demo??im a 14 yr old high school player rated 4.0-4.5 using a semi western forehand and 2 handed backhand

snoflewis
05-19-2005, 11:17 PM
well...lighter rackets tend to be more head heavy, which are usually not player's rackets...you should know what kind of balance you want, whether its HL or HH or even balance. if you didnt like the tfight325, you might want to try the tfight 315. you should try out all different types of rackets before you choose one.

from personal experience, i was forced to move from a 110 HH OS racket to a 95 HL MP racket, because the balance of the racket was somehow messing up my wrist. but the only HL racket i've tried was the prostaff classic 6.1, but i liked it very much, which led me to get the prostaff tour 95. i havent tried very many rackets, but i like this one a lot, and for my future racket, im pretty much goin to demo every player's racket from each brand...

so...the main point is..try it out, and buy what you like...cuz if you dont like it..you wont want to play with it

tschevap
05-21-2005, 12:51 AM
I am wondering, you found the 325 too stiff! It is the flexiest racket by Tecnifibre and one of the flexiest currently on the market! What string did you use at which tension. Considering the 18/20 string pattern you should make sure to string much lower than usually...i use my TF325s with Isospeed Professional and string them with 52-54. Lots of control and very soft feel! Great touch...
Using a stiff poly at higher tensions makes every 18/20 racket feel like a 2x4.
Stringing a softer multi or even a poly at lower tension gives you lots of control throught the tight string pattern and a very flexy feel.

The 315 is much stiffer than the 325. The 295 is a little flexier again...

silent_death
05-21-2005, 03:44 AM
i strung it with tecnifibre spinfire maxipower on mains 57lbs and tecnifibre dual platinum 55lbs for crosses looks like a wonderful combination but the tfight 325 is way too stiff but if i liked its solidness on groundstrokes, which tecnifibre racket should i go for??

tschevap
05-21-2005, 03:50 AM
Cant believe you´ve found it too stiff...but ok...this is subjective...

Try the 295 and the 305...but they should feel quite close to the 325...i found them stiffer - but again: this is a question of individual taste... :)