PDA

View Full Version : Any 30 Seconds to Mars fans here?

Mansewerz
06-22-2010, 09:48 AM
I was surprised to see ESPN use "Kings and Queens" in their Wimbledon promo today! Definately one of my favorite songs and bands.

Anyone else in here a 30 Seconds to mars fan?

himynameisNIKE
06-22-2010, 10:33 AM
yeah their new stuff is pretty good

bezs
06-22-2010, 10:34 AM
I do like the version of Hurricane with Kanye West(he's a ***** but still) on it.

Mansewerz
06-22-2010, 10:38 AM
I haven't heard the Kanye version, the regular version is great. I'll have to check it out

bezs
06-22-2010, 10:51 AM
Its all over youtube.

Anaconda
06-22-2010, 11:26 AM
I love 30 seconds to mars!

The kill is their best song by far though!

Mansewerz
06-22-2010, 12:14 PM
I'm really digging their new stuff. The Kill is also amazing. I listened to the Kanye version and I think I like the original more.

Anaconda
06-22-2010, 01:37 PM
I'm really digging their new stuff. The Kill is also amazing. I listened to the Kanye version and I think I like the original more.

Yeah 30 seconds to Mars and breakin' Benjamin are my favourite bands ATM. Funny, i'm listening to their older work but still enjoy it.

They ruined the video IMO on 'the kill' by adding the bear scene. YUK!!!

bezs
06-22-2010, 01:38 PM
The Kill is a great workout song, love to hear it when i'm out running.

Anaconda
06-22-2010, 01:44 PM
I'm listening to it right now.

Aldi Patron
06-22-2010, 03:21 PM
I also used to like "The Kill," then I saw 30 Seconds to Mars at Lollapalooza in 2006. Jared Leto spent most of the short set climbing around the stage, holding the microphone out to the crowd because he apparently didn't want to sing.

T'was disappointing to say the least. Cool costumes though.

Oh, here's the link. Excuse the silly fan girls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AY3NTWYqzP0

Mansewerz
06-22-2010, 09:59 PM
Anaconda you listen to breaking benjamin too? They're another of my favorite bands!

Anaconda
06-24-2010, 01:48 AM
Anaconda you listen to breaking benjamin too? They're another of my favorite bands!

Yeah, i like a lot of bands, Metallica were good when they were still pretty young with 'and justice for all' and 's&m' etc. Now they aren't so good anymore, i do like the day that never comes though, but that's it from their latest album.

Rise against, Slipknot, Avenged, Muse and bands like that i listen to also. I listen to older bands like Rolling Stones, Beach boys etc.

Mansewerz
06-24-2010, 05:01 PM
Yeah, i like a lot of bands, Metallica were good when they were still pretty young with 'and justice for all' and 's&m' etc. Now they aren't so good anymore, i do like the day that never comes though, but that's it from their latest album.

Rise against, Slipknot, Avenged, Muse and bands like that i listen to also. I listen to older bands like Rolling Stones, Beach boys etc.

Ah I see. I'm not so much into the oldies but I am a big fan of rise against.

bezs
08-07-2010, 07:37 AM
Saw them live, good energy. Wish the set was longer though and Jared Leto would sing more to the songs.

Saw Jared Leto and Shannon Leto after their performance when they were watching the next band from the side, Jared just briefly and Shannon with a lady with him probably a groupie.

Anaconda
08-07-2010, 02:30 PM
Saw them live, good energy. Wish the set was longer though and Jared Leto would sing more to the songs.

Saw Jared Leto and Shannon Leto after their performance when they were watching the next band from the side, Jared just briefly and Shannon with a lady with him probably a groupie.

What other bands do you listen to?

bezs
08-08-2010, 11:50 AM
Pretty different from 30STM.

Snow Patrol ,Goo Goo Dolls, Muse, Placebo, Travis

Anaconda
08-08-2010, 12:40 PM

I like Muse. I've got black holes and Revelations 'album' but not the other ones. Snow Patrol have done some good songs.

Mansewerz
08-08-2010, 12:58 PM

Snow Patrol has a great sound, what songs do you recommend? Right now i've heard Chasing cars, If There's a Rocket Tie me to it, and Set the fire to the third bar. In other words, the singles.

Anaconda
08-08-2010, 01:22 PM
Snow Patrol has a great sound, what songs do you recommend? Right now i've heard Chasing cars, If There's a Rocket Tie me to it, and Set the fire to the third bar. In other words, the singles.

Chasing cars definately.

Manse, do you like Kings of Leon?

FLA10s
08-08-2010, 01:31 PM
ewww.

10chars.

bezs
08-08-2010, 01:45 PM

Make This Go On Forever, Open Your Eyes, Chocolate, Signal Fire, Please Just Take These Photos From My Hands, Give Me Strength, You Could Be Happy and of course you can't go wrong with Run.

bezs
08-08-2010, 01:49 PM
I like Muse. I've got black holes and Revelations 'album' but not the other ones. Snow Patrol have done some good songs.

The previous two albums Absolution and Origin of Symmetry are good as well.

Would like to add "Search & Destroy" from 30STM sounds great live.

Mansewerz
08-08-2010, 03:36 PM
Chasing cars definately.

Manse, do you like Kings of Leon?

Again, i've only listened to their single, "Use Somebody", but they also have a good sound and I need to look into more of their stuff.

Make This Go On Forever, Open Your Eyes, Chocolate, Signal Fire, Please Just Take These Photos From My Hands, Give Me Strength, You Could Be Happy and of course you can't go wrong with Run.

Thanks bro! I'll check these out. How do you feel about their new sound?

Mansewerz
08-08-2010, 04:48 PM
ewww.

10chars.

Ok.

10 chars

westside
08-08-2010, 09:14 PM
I like the band. Don't love them, but i enjoy their music.

I love a lot of the bands people have mentioned though. Kings Of Leon, Muse, Breaking Benjamin, Snow Patrol

Mansewerz
08-08-2010, 09:45 PM
Yea, I'm not really a metal fan (hate heavy metal), and I guess most people wouldn't guess it, but i'm a huge Breaking Benjamin fan. All of their songs are great.

bezs
11-30-2010, 05:54 AM
Video for the song Hurricane. Not quite sure what to make of it but interesting nonetheless, apparently there's some hoo-ha over it because of the short clips of bondage in it and girls with nipple tassels. This is the uncensored version there's a censored version with some parts blocked out, the censored parts are obviously not suitably for a kid but their not that bad there's worst videos out there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVr3nVbGW2I

*breaksracquet
11-30-2010, 06:28 AM
TSTM=good tunes, but JL comes off a tad douchy. The rest of his band mates and his brother have really good senses of humor and are really easily approachable.

breakin ben=Bus Flip....

Kings of Leon=should go back to more southern rock sound, but good for them that they hit mainstream status. I remember seeing them 6 years ago in a small venue....

Muse=Meh. definitely way better bands in this genre. neat live show i've heard.

Snow Patrol=Grey's Anatomy and that's it, again, meh....

quest01
12-01-2010, 05:44 AM
I'm a fan, I downloaded their latest track to my ipod touch and iphone but it's been a while since I've listened to any of their songs.

bezs
12-01-2010, 10:02 AM
Vox Populi was used in the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show, another song from them i love to listen to when out running. Went well with the segment, very sexy. :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AH7HbeSTEwI

Mansewerz
12-04-2010, 10:37 PM
Video for the song Hurricane. Not quite sure what to make of it but interesting nonetheless, apparently there's some hoo-ha over it because of the short clips of bondage in it and girls with nipple tassels. This is the uncensored version there's a censored version with some parts blocked out, the censored parts are obviously not suitably for a kid but their not that bad there's worst videos out there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVr3nVbGW2I

I saw the uncensored version. It's very confusing though and I have no idea what's going on with all the BDSM stuff, but great song.