PDA

View Full Version : Any hardcore metal fans here?

Gene1994
06-22-2010, 10:09 PM
Hey just wondering if there's any fellow metal heads on the forum. :D
Most likely not! Lol! But if there is, let's hear what you listen too!

Here's a couple of my faces.
Periphery
Whitechapel
Veil of Maya
The Faceless

A lot more!

orangettecoleman
06-22-2010, 11:09 PM
Listen to quite a bit of underground metal like Portal, Blut Aus Nord, Negura Bunget, Drudkh, and so on, mostly black metal. I like some death metal as well. Been listening to Obscura and Intronaut quite a bit as of late.

SystemicAnomaly
06-23-2010, 01:35 AM
Never really been a hardcore metalhead (headbanger?). I was a huge fan of the progenitors of the genre = Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, and Blue Cheer. Thoroughly enjoyed the first Black Sabbath album but got bored after hearing their 2nd & subsequent efforts. Moved on to Rush, King Crimson and groups more in the progressive rock vein (Jethro Tull, Yes, ELP, etc) as well as jazz fusion (Return to Forever, Mahavishnu Orch, Weather Report, etc).

Gotten back into metal recently with prog metal, specifically Dream Theater. Have just started to check out Blind Guardian and Symphony X. Also plan to give a listen to some early & recent Queensr˙che and Fates Warning.

Gene1994
06-23-2010, 08:40 AM
Listen to quite a bit of underground metal like Portal, Blut Aus Nord, Negura Bunget, Drudkh, and so on, mostly black metal. I like some death metal as well. Been listening to Obscura and Intronaut quite a bit as of late.
Sweet man, some nice stuff there.
Never really been a hardcore metalhead (headbanger?). I was a huge fan of the progenitors of the genre = Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, and Blue Cheer. Thoroughly enjoyed the first Black Sabbath album but got bored after hearing their 2nd & subsequent efforts. Moved on to Rush, King Crimson and groups more in the progressive rock vein (Jethro Tull, Yes, ELP, etc) as well as jazz fusion (Return to Forever, Mahavishnu Orch, Weather Report, etc).

Gotten back into metal recently with prog metal, specifically Dream Theater. Have just started to check out Blind Guardian and Symphony X. Also plan to give a listen to some early & recent Queensr˙che and Fates Warning.
Cool stuff man.