PDA

View Full Version : Best string/s for a K 6.1 Tour 90?

cueboyzn
06-23-2010, 04:56 AM
What would be a good string/string combination for this racquet:

Am looking for the best combination of Playability, Spin, Durability. Wilson Natural Gut is expensive and the Wilson Champion's Choice wears quickly and is expensive to replace. Am looking for something to play well but that lasts longer than that.

Any suggestions?

Wilson strings preferred if possible, as these are widely available where I live.

cueboyzn
06-23-2010, 10:21 PM
Anybody have a recommendation? NXT or NXT Tour any good?

chaddles
06-24-2010, 12:52 AM
I use the K90 & BLX90 as my test racquets for strings so I have out a few different sets in them so far. The stand out strings so far include:

- Lux M2 Pro @ 56lb
- Volkl Power Fibre II @ 58lb
- Lux Alu Power @ 54
- Kirschbaum Touch Turbo @ 54lb

I am planning on giving a few more multi's a go such as Attraction and retry NXT. Poly's seem to play reasonably well due to the weight of the K90. The Power Fibre II was really impressive, had a lot of power and surprisingly produced a heap of spin which I noticed on kick serves.

cueboyzn
06-24-2010, 10:44 PM
Thanks a lot, I just got a used (very good condition) K6.1 Tour 90 from an ex-pro here. I currently use the K6.1 Team 95 but it was a bit light for baseline play so I decided to get one. He strung it with NXT Tour 16 for me, but that was my "middle of the road" choice as I did not know what else to go for, having never played with one of these. (I use NXT 16 on my Team 95's).

Are string savers a necessity when using Luxilon Alu Rough and Natural Gut hybrid?

I am thinking an NXT and Luxilon Alu Power might be a nice combination to give more durability than Natural Gut.

tarkowski
06-25-2010, 08:09 AM
Thanks a lot, I just got a used (very good condition) K6.1 Tour 90 from an ex-pro here. I currently use the K6.1 Team 95 but it was a bit light for baseline play so I decided to get one. He strung it with NXT Tour 16 for me, but that was my "middle of the road" choice as I did not know what else to go for, having never played with one of these. (I use NXT 16 on my Team 95's).

Are string savers a necessity when using Luxilon Alu Rough and Natural Gut hybrid?

I am thinking an NXT and Luxilon Alu Power might be a nice combination to give more durability than Natural Gut.

Hey cueboyzn,

I've tried many combination's in my K90. With respect to durability,

Champions Choice > All Gut (VS 16) > NXT (16).

I have found that with CC, the gut lasts longer than in all gut string bed probably due to the freedom of movement. With all gut, there is more friction and the strings just fray faster. And for me, gut wears better than NXT.

Based on my experience, to beat champions choice, you could do 1 of the following:

- replace ALU Rough with ALU Power (provide even less friction); this would require buying the gut and poly separately, but $$ is same
- go all poly setup

Good luck!

bfactor61
06-25-2010, 02:58 PM
i have a k90 strung with pro line 2.....it gets great depth and feel. plus it looks great in the racquet!