PDA

View Full Version : Why didn't you guys tell me?

heycal
06-24-2010, 01:07 PM
Ok, how come no one told me that Wimbledon started several days ago? I thought it started next Monday for some reason, yet now I'm finding out it's been going on for 4 days aleady??

Thanks for nothing, boys!

r2473
06-24-2010, 01:11 PM
Nobody won yet.

rommil
06-24-2010, 08:45 PM
Ok, how come no one told me that Wimbledon started several days ago? I thought it started next Monday for some reason, yet now I'm finding out it's been going on for 4 days aleady??

Thanks for nothing, boys!

Don't worry, not much has happened. Isner won his first round match after 3 days, that's all.

heycal
06-24-2010, 09:50 PM
Well, as it turns out, my DVR was looking out for my interests even while I was not. I guess some time ago, I had set it set record tennis on espn at any time it was ever on, so shortly after I began this thread I discovered hours of taped coverage waiting for me. Too bad ESPN blew the coverage and revealed the outcome to me after I'd already invested some 6 or 7 hours into that match.

jswinf
06-25-2010, 07:02 PM
Do you often have such blackout experiences?

Cindysphinx
06-25-2010, 07:05 PM
The World Cup is ruining Wimbledon for me.

I usually set my hard drive video recorder for the correct channel and let 'er go all day. Then when I'm ready I can sit down and skip the crap and watch what I want.

Trouble is, they start the coverage on one channel, then switch to another, then switch back again to accommodate world cup. So I am missing entire blocks of coverage. Worse, I didn't know the coverage was on ESPN U (whatever that is) for two days and so missed Federer/Falla.

I am so unhappy.