PDA

View Full Version : Andre Miller can dunk!!!

onehandbh
06-25-2010, 03:10 PM
wth! This whole time I thought he either couldn't dunk (due to small hands)
or just never dunks in a game. I give him some style points, too. Not just
a regular run-of-the-mill dunk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ok2fgs9dFzo&feature=player_embedded

I knew he could get up there b/c he's unexpectedly blocked some
dunks over the years (e.g. on 6'11" Dirk from the Mavs).

Wish I could dunk. The most I could ever do when I was playing a lot of ball
was grab the rim. I also suck at jumping off of 2 legs. 1 legged jumper. I think
longer arms would have helped. Frogs have long legs, but shorter arms.
My reach is only like 7'6" so to in order to dunk I'd have to have a running
vert close 40 inches.

Juges8932
06-25-2010, 08:22 PM
Lol, that's a pretty random/funny thread to start. Yeah, I remember watching him do that. It was kind of out of nowhere, but I'm not surprised.

As far as being able to dunk. I did it once legitimately on 10' goal, my freshman year of college off an alley-oop (Not in game, just trying to get it with somebody lobbing it up to me) after a summer of non-stop beach volleyball and basketball everyday. Then I got patellar tendonitis (too much beach vball and bball. Almost everyday both of them) my Spring semester freshman year and ever since (just finished junior year) have been trying to get rid of it. I'm slowly getting there and almost done (I Think). My knees feel a lot better and I think I did a good job of slowly trying to get rid of it. I could always grab rim, even when my tendonitis was bad, but jumping hurt like a ***** and I was too stubborn to stop. Now I can get above the rim with two-hands easily, but not enough to dunk yet (I get rim-checked when I go up with one hand). My goal was by the end of summer to be able to flush it with one-hand, but we will see. As far as one or two-footed jumper, I was always a one-footed jumper until late senior year of HS or freshman year of college (The one oop I caught and flushed was off of two feet). Now unless I am in-game, I never jump off of one foot because it kills my left knee. I have similar reach, but I think my reach is ~7'9" the last time I measured it, so a little higher.

Fifth Set
06-26-2010, 04:00 PM
Was against his former team so he probably felt some extra motivation.

Indeed, I think the announcer was saying (when the video cuts him off) that the Denver fans were wondering why they never saw that from Miller when he was with the Nuggets!

Miller is a decent player, but any team where he is a starter is never going to make it to the finals.