PDA

View Full Version : Question about Pele

samprasvsfederer123
06-25-2010, 06:31 PM
now i heard somewhere that out of his 3 world cup titles 1 of them he either didnt participate in didnt participate in the final or something like that can some one explain the situation to me? i also heard it was not until recently that he was given the title of 3 time winner for that controversy.?

hollywood9826
06-25-2010, 07:30 PM
No contreversy.

He got injured in the 2nd game and didnt play the rest. in 2007 FIFA awarded him the medal for playing giving him three.

Remember Jeremy Shockey got a super bowl ring the year the giants won it even though he was watching the game in street clothes. He was still part of the team.

Pele was still part of the 62 champs even though the injury forced him to not play.

samprasvsfederer123
06-25-2010, 07:47 PM
No contreversy.

He got injured in the 2nd game and didnt play the rest. in 2007 FIFA awarded him the medal for playing giving him three.

Remember Jeremy Shockey got a super bowl ring the year the giants won it even though he was watching the game in street clothes. He was still part of the team.

Pele was still part of the 62 champs even though the injury forced him to not play.

ya but for me it takes away from his big "thing" in my opinion zinedine zidane is the greatest of all time, hes won more than any of the other big candidates like cryuff, beckenbauer, maradona, or pele, would have been even better if he had won 2006 world cup, 1 is enough, anyways he took down brazil single handedly, twice, and he was why they even reached the finals of world cups, remember world cup 2002? zidane never had the super teams pele had with him, if they won without him in that year i can say that brazil probably wouldt have needed him, france did need zidane.

hollywood9826
06-25-2010, 08:23 PM
You asked and I answered. no need to start swingin from zidanes crotch.

Besides he got red carded and missed a game also which france won so I guess they can win without him also.

And maybe if he doesnt lose his cool and head butt that guy he can take his PK in the final and maybe win.

I dont enough about either of these guys. But way to ask a question and jump all over the guy who answers it.

samprasvsfederer123
06-26-2010, 07:39 AM
You asked and I answered. no need to start swingin from zidanes crotch.

Besides he got red carded and missed a game also which france won so I guess they can win without him also.

And maybe if he doesnt lose his cool and head butt that guy he can take his PK in the final and maybe win.

I dont enough about either of these guys. But way to ask a question and jump all over the guy who answers it.

im sry dude i just got over exited, thank you for your answer which was very informative, peace?

SalvadorVeiga
06-27-2010, 06:16 PM
ya but for me it takes away from his big "thing" in my opinion zinedine zidane is the greatest of all time, hes won more than any of the other big candidates like cryuff, beckenbauer, maradona, or pele, would have been even better if he had won 2006 world cup, 1 is enough, anyways he took down brazil single handedly, twice, and he was why they even reached the finals of world cups, remember world cup 2002? zidane never had the super teams pele had with him, if they won without him in that year i can say that brazil probably wouldt have needed him, france did need zidane.

where did Zidane won more than any other candidates ? :confused:

samprasvsfederer123
06-27-2010, 06:24 PM
where did Zidane won more than any other candidates ? :confused:

first learn how to use proper grammar, second he won

Juventus

* Serie A: 1996-97, 1997-98
* Supercoppa Italiana: 1997
* UEFA Super Cup: 1996
* Intercontinental Cup: 1996
* UEFA Intertoto Cup: 1999

[edit] Real Madrid

* La Liga: 2002-03
* Supercopa de Espaņa: 2001, 2003
* UEFA Champions League: 2001-02
* Intercontinental Cup: 2002

[edit] International

* FIFA World Cup: 1998
* UEFA European Football Championship: 2000

[edit] Individual
Ballon d'Or awarded to Zidane in 1998

* Ligue 1 Best Young Player - 1994
* Ligue 1 Best Player - 1996
* UEFA Champions League Best Midfielder - 1998
* Ballon D'or - 1998
* FIFA World Player of the Year - 1998, 2000, 2003
* FIFPro World XI All-Star Team - 2005, 2006
* Golden Ball - 2006
* UEFA Golden Jubilee Poll Best player : The UEFA Golden Jubilee Poll is the popular name for an online poll conducted in 2004 by UEFA as part of their Golden Jubilee celebrations, celebrating the best footballers of all time. The poll, available on UEFA's website, asked respondents to pick their ten favorite players from each of the 8 previous decades, from a shortlist of 250 players. Over 150,000 people responded, producing over seven million votes. Zinedine Zidane topped the poll narrowly from Franz Beckenbauer.

he also single handedly beat brazil and took france to the final twice, brazil probably didnt need pele to win the world cups, thats why zidane and maradona have the most valuable world cups, cause THEY won it, france especially needed zidane what happened without him? in 2002 eliminated in 1st round without him cause of injury, and in 2010 4 years after zidane's help they suck cok in one of the most embarrasing fiascos in world cup history. and anyways zidane made 2 of the 3 winning goals in france 98 brazil could have comeback but zidane was too much. he is the master, and had the most impressive single world cup of all time, while maradona only shined in the semi final and did nothing in the final, never the less maradona one of the top 3 of all time and a king of football, but zidane is number 1 of all time, the god of football, uefa says so, many other polls says so, and anywhere you go to youtube, zidane is regarded as number 1 even ask profesionals.

Ultra2HolyGrail
06-27-2010, 08:13 PM
If soccer is one of the biggest sports in the world, how come most people only know about Pele?

samprasvsfederer123
06-27-2010, 08:15 PM
If soccer is one of the biggest sports in the world, how come most people only know about Pele?

that is a good question, made you think with my argument? i dont know ima google that question cause there sure have been better players than him.