PDA

View Full Version : Ideas needed.... How to make a cafe unique

NolemurraY
06-27-2010, 11:58 AM
As the title says.... does anyone have any ideas on how to make a cafe different from other cafes around currently.

Underhand
06-27-2010, 12:10 PM
Free Chivas Regal for everyone.

ollinger
06-27-2010, 06:39 PM
The idea is to make it good (or great), not different. As Underhand more or less notes, there's an infinite number of ways to be different. You have to start with a concept of your own rather than fish for ideas. I don't get the sense you have any passion to run a great cafe. How do you envision this place?

OrangeOne
06-27-2010, 06:47 PM
The idea is to make it good (or great), not different. As Underhand more or less notes, there's an infinite number of ways to be different. You have to start with a concept of your own rather than fish for ideas. I don't get the sense you have any passion to run a great cafe. How do you envision this place?

How do you know the OP isn't just doing an assignment where the task is to design a unique cafe?

Oddly (or not) that's the impression I had from reading the OP.

ollinger
06-27-2010, 07:37 PM
Wouldn't surprise me -- either way he sounds like a lazy sort who likes to live off the ideas of others.

r2473
06-27-2010, 07:38 PM
Strippers and gambling in the back room.

GetBetterer
06-27-2010, 07:43 PM
Call it Sh*tbricks with the front being the motivational poster for one of those "When you see it...you'll sh*t bricks" thing. Put the scary part of it on the front door to the entrance.

Also, the icon should have a picture of a butt, pooping, and make the character pooping have long hair. Also, make it green and white. ^^

CanadianChic
06-27-2010, 09:19 PM
I'm a big fan of mini lights and lots of foliage. Comfortable chairs and privacy.

BobFL
06-27-2010, 10:14 PM
As the title says.... does anyone have any ideas on how to make a cafe different from other cafes around currently.

That would be a $1,000,000,000 idea....

nfor304
06-28-2010, 12:54 AM
make it novak djokovic themed.

Dedans Penthouse
06-29-2010, 08:14 AM
Hmmm.....
assuming that this is not about seeking help in a Marketing 101 Class homework assignment, ok I'll play.

I'd position yourself in the market AWAY from your cafe competitors, e.g. the breezy, new-age-hippy-organic or the trendy, chi-chi type establishments. They're a bunch of glorified Starbucks. Think outside the box: there are alternative "eat in the dark" restaurants (e.g. Opaque in S.F., CamaJa Bisto in NYC) that use "sightlessness" as a theme; the diner's other senses (taste, smell) are heightened with sight deprevation thus enhancing the dinning experience. Progressing along those lines, think about another sightless activity such as "sleep" and then take it to the next level: "the big sleep" a/k/a that tried and true ol' thematic reliable:

DEATH.

~ NOOSES ~
"Where the well-hung meet!"

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_lq63qkU61tE/RlzGpAPddoI/AAAAAAAAAZ4/vm0ogicGLR0/s320/large_Nooses.jpg

...and to complete the aesthetic, juxtaposition the death theme with a spice-of-life contrast in the (shapely) form of some eye candy:

60's Go-Go dancers in the window:

http://www.karaoketraveler.com/images/whisky_cage_girls.jpg

(with tongue firmly in cheek)

albino smurf
06-29-2010, 08:50 AM
crack hookas