PDA

View Full Version : Prince O3 Tour stringing instructions

superloop
05-20-2005, 09:25 AM
I just received my new O3 Tour from tenniswarehouse today.
I thought that the racket came with the boomerang tool and some kind of stringing instructions.
I didn't get either one.
I can string the racket using the turntable brake instead of the boomerang tool, that is no problem.
I heard on this board that the stringing instructions on the Prince website are incorrect.
I looked and it shows the 03 Tour as having 19 crosses but it really only has 18.
Does anybody have the correct instructions that were supposed to come with the racket?

mido
05-20-2005, 09:37 AM
O3 Tour I got in FL three days ago came with Stringing instructions, Key chain and boomerang tool.
http://www.princetennis.com/O3/o3_tour_stringinstructions.pdf

Gaines Hillix
05-20-2005, 12:21 PM
I just received my new O3 Tour from tenniswarehouse today.
I thought that the racket came with the boomerang tool and some kind of stringing instructions.
I didn't get either one.
I can string the racket using the turntable brake instead of the boomerang tool, that is no problem.
I heard on this board that the stringing instructions on the Prince website are incorrect.
I looked and it shows the 03 Tour as having 19 crosses but it really only has 18.
Does anybody have the correct instructions that were supposed to come with the racket?

Superloop, you really don't need stringing instructions on this frame given you know the correct string lengths and the number of mains and crosses. Just string it two piece and use the tieoff holes that are marked on the frame. The O3 Tour is 16X18 and needs 21' for the mains and 19' for the crosses.

superloop
05-20-2005, 12:42 PM
Thanks Gaines.
You are always one of the more helpful people on this board.

I was going to string it two-piece anyway since I use a gut/synthetic hybrid.
I assume that the crosses should be done top down like most frames.

Have you strung this frame before?
I have a Babolat Sensor machine that has a turntable brake and I know about using it on the first couple of crosses at the top.
Can you think of anything else that I should know about stringing this unusual frame?

Gaines Hillix
05-20-2005, 12:52 PM
Thanks Gaines.
You are always one of the more helpful people on this board.

I was going to string it two-piece anyway since I use a gut/synthetic hybrid.
I assume that the crosses should be done top down like most frames.

Have you strung this frame before?
I have a Babolat Sensor machine that has a turntable brake and I know about using it on the first couple of crosses at the top.
Can you think of anything else that I should know about stringing this unusual frame?

Yea, string it top to bottom on the crosses. I have strung a couple of these: new ones for the same customer. You start the mains at the head eventhough it looks like there are only 6 holes in the throat. There are actually 8; 6 in the "elastomer" piece and one one each side of it. The holes in that bridge piece are very small. It helps to have the string ends cut at an angle. You'll see how to angle the turntable and set the brake when you are pulling the second string in an O hole. Just take your time on the first one.

Ben42
05-20-2005, 01:11 PM
My machine has floating clamps and no brake.

The only problem that the boomerang or brake avoids is the strings coming together when you pull tension, right? Why couldn't you just let that happen and then turn the turntable a little to separate the strings to put the clamp on?

barry
05-20-2005, 01:34 PM
superloop

Hope this helps. Here is a scanned copy of what came with my O3.

http://img290.echo.cx/img290/9060/picture18ec.jpg

I would string it one piece if I had it to do over again. Also if you do one piece, make sure you look out for the short side.

According to Prince, they told me to use the Boomerang when I called them yesterday. Told me it is the safest way and what it was designed for.

mido
05-20-2005, 03:08 PM
superloop,
Just open the link I provided above. These are right instructions and include the additional correction about elastomer.

barry
05-20-2005, 03:23 PM
mido

the link you provided has 19 crosses, does your O3 Tour have 18 or 19 crosses?

POGO
05-20-2005, 03:57 PM
I wonder why TW is not including the boomerang tool with the purchase of the O3? I spoke to Prince and the booerange comes with the racket along with stringing instructions.

Sportchalet, now even sells the O3 and they have the boomerang and instructions included with the purchase of the racket.

mido
05-20-2005, 08:39 PM
barry,
Link I provided is correct O3 Tour 16M x 18X.
http://www.princetennis.com/O3/o3_tour_stringinstructions.pdf
PDF file of 950.19 KB
About a month ago Prince had a wrong version 16 x 19, but now is perfect.

You may have problem with your Browser settings, reading the old file cached and stored on you hard drive long time ago.
Go to Internet Explorer Tools, Internet Options, Settings and Check on newer versions of stored pages: Every visit to the page.

barry
05-21-2005, 04:05 AM
mido

Go to http://www.princetennis.com/product/product_detail.asp?CategoryID=192&product=1330&retCategoryID=37&retProductID=1312

and click on Click here to download the PDF.

the picture is still wrong, it shows 19 crosses. Prince sent me an Email thinking me for reporting it Thursday and turned it over to there Web people.

mido
05-21-2005, 04:08 PM
yes barry, picture shows 19 crosses and description shows 18 crosses!

superloop
05-23-2005, 06:37 AM
Barry,
Thanks for the scanned imagae.
This one is correct.
The pdf file from the prince web site is incorrect.
It shows 19 mains and also shows the third cross from the bottom looping back up towards the tip of the racket. This is a bad mistake. The last 2 crosses are not connected to anything.

barry
05-23-2005, 07:19 AM
superloop

Assume you own a O3 tour and I need some string and tension advice. Currently my O3 is strung with Poly at 57, and is pretty lively. Need some advice on string and tension. The frame with the large holes may not be suited for Poly.
Overall I like the frame, it is much better for me than the Flexpoint Tour. Sound is a little muted and I did put some lead tape on at 9, 12, and 3. Plays better.