PDA

View Full Version : What are the best news websites?

ogruskie
06-28-2010, 09:16 PM
I have decided to become an informed individual, so I'm going to start reading the news every morning. I have an hour to kill before going off to school, so I might as well be productive and educate myself about the world.

The problem is that there are tons of news websites out there, but how do I pick the most well-rounded and informative one around? I really like The Daily Beast, it has a mixture of solid politics and some light-hearted articles for comic relief.

I know of stuff like NY Times, Washington Post, Associated Press, etc. What do you guys read?

decades
06-28-2010, 09:21 PM
try the bbc...

jerriy
06-28-2010, 10:19 PM
I have decided to become an informed individual, so I'm going to start reading the news every morning. I have an hour to kill before going off to school, so I might as well be productive and educate myself about the world.

The problem is that there are tons of news websites out there, but how do I pick the most well-rounded and informative one around? I really like The Daily Beast, it has a mixture of solid politics and some light-hearted articles for comic relief.

I know of stuff like NY Times, Washington Post, Associated Press, etc. What do you guys read?What's the point of waking up earlier than necessary? You go to bed early perhaps?

kairosntx
06-28-2010, 11:14 PM
Google news. Create an account then customize the search results to what you are interested in or want to know more about.

mikeler
06-29-2010, 05:39 AM
I like Google News also.

Fee
06-29-2010, 09:02 AM
Are you in California by any chance? www.rtumble.com is a decent gatherer for Ca politics and policy stuff.

Juges8932
06-29-2010, 09:40 AM
BBC, CNN, and Google news.

Oh, and of course, Faux...I mean Fox news! :)

NickC
06-29-2010, 10:27 AM
Watch PBS Newshour.

/thread.

r2473
06-29-2010, 11:35 AM
Watch PBS Newshour.

/thread.

For TV news, that is probably the best.

For newspapers, "The Times" and "The Post".

For magazines (well, they call themselves a newspaper actually), "The Economist".