PDA

View Full Version : What would be the specs needed to hep generate topspin?

isell188
05-20-2005, 10:39 AM
I know that this question has been asked in the "which racquet is best for topspin" sort of way, but I am asking what parameters should I look for in a racquet which will help me to have the best possibility for generating topspin. I am currently using the N tour 105 with BB rough at 58#. is the Ntour 105 a good racquet for spin?

muklucke
05-20-2005, 10:42 AM
I think head light rackets generate spin easier then even or head heavy. The head light balance makes it easier to whip across the ball for topspin

safin_protege
05-20-2005, 11:56 AM
The head size is not as important as the string pattern. An open string pattern (where the strings are farther apart from eachother) is the spec for generating spin. I don't know how head balance would influence the spin potential though.

Speedy_tennis
05-21-2005, 08:20 AM
Larege head size, open string pattern and an xtra long racket

Dino Lagaffe
05-21-2005, 09:42 AM
From my experience I'd say that flex is a good thing to have in a racquet too, when it comes to spin. I can't see why an extra long racquet would be better though. That would seem to make it harder. I know it's not the question, but to me the string is more important than the racquet. For generating spin I think I'd prefer "spin friendly" strings in a "non-spin friendly" racquet than vice versa.