PDA

View Full Version : What's Wrong With Real Madrid?

samprasvsfederer123
07-01-2010, 01:18 PM
whats wrong with real madrid, during its recent history they became famous for becoming the galacticos getting guys like zidane,c ronaldo, ronaldo, kaka, but yet they have barely won anything, and have been executed at the first knockout round of the champions league for several years now, back in the 20th century they did live up to the title of best football club in the world, but what has been going on?

i see that they now have who maybe just maybe is the best football club manager in the world

and cristiano ronaldo, benzema, kaka, raul, gago, many good players but they are failing, so what is going on in your opinion?

does florentino have something to do with it?

EP1998
07-01-2010, 01:23 PM
when they fired del bosque he put a curse on them. actually i dont know but will be interesting to see what happens with Jose.

ProgressoR
07-01-2010, 01:30 PM
When he went to chelsea they had spent lots of money but the players didnt make a good team. He brought even more good players and made them great. I think he needs to kick some heads and sell some good players and get some guys in his mould, and i think he will get them back in the CL finals. I heard he hasnt lost at home (in the league i guess) since 2002. amazing if true

TMCW140
07-01-2010, 02:37 PM
It's the club infrastructure. The board, and to a degree, the president have no patience, expecting immediate results, and whilst when spending that degree of money could be seen to help, it doesn't.
Over the last 8 or so years, the managers have been given minimal input into the purchase of players and although the likes of Beckham, right up to C. Ronaldo have helped on the pitch, they have been brought in to make money aswell. Coaches are given a limited time to use what is infront of them to create attractive football- winning is not enough. Without the time or resources to create a team of their own, and with the expectation to win every match in an attractive, convincing manner, it is almost impossible to create a coherant, successful team.
(sorry for the condensed essay- i know my stuff on this, Madrid fan all my life!)

NickC
07-01-2010, 02:43 PM
It's simple - the coach isn't anything more than a figurehead - the president buys the players, the director of football picks the team, and the coach is there to be fired and nothing more. The coach is never consulted but is expected to play attacking, attractive football every match and win each match 5-0. And if you don't beat Barcelona, you're out.

A great recipe for success.

Feņa14
07-01-2010, 03:00 PM
When he went to chelsea they had spent lots of money but the players didnt make a good team. He brought even more good players and made them great. I think he needs to kick some heads and sell some good players and get some guys in his mould, and i think he will get them back in the CL finals. I heard he hasnt lost at home (in the league i guess) since 2002. amazing if true

Lol, Chelsea were already Champions League semi finalists and Premier League contenders under Ranieri. You say they didn't make a good team before Mourinho came? :confused:

SalvadorVeiga
07-01-2010, 05:19 PM

not in the league... in every freakin official competition. I think it has been since 2002, or 2003 i'm not sure.

Correction: I think it stands only for league matches... the last time he lost in a home match was "His last and only home league defeat came when Porto were defeated 3–2 by Beira-Mar on 23 February 2002.[60]" And it happened to be the only home match he lost, so he only lost once during his 10 years of coaching at home ...

SoBad
07-01-2010, 05:27 PM
It might just be something temporary, like a Stanford mens tennis team crisis syndrom.

OKUSA
07-01-2010, 06:06 PM
their defense sucks, The Special One is going to have a hard time with his counter-attacking football with that back 4

Going from the best back 4 in the business to a pretty poor one is not going to work imo

bezs
07-01-2010, 11:47 PM
Thought Benzema was a redundant buy and surprised they sold Robben and Sneijder. It could have been

Ronaldo --- Sneijeder ---- Robben

Higuain

Nightmare for the opposition's fullbacks.

SempreSami
07-03-2010, 01:34 PM
Fascist scummers, that's why.

Algo214
07-03-2010, 02:30 PM
Fascist scummers, that's why.
agree, and also there is no team in Real Madrid but 11 egos playing, and it's been like that for about 10 years

Algo214
07-03-2010, 02:42 PM
agree, and also there is no team in Real Madrid but 11 egos playing, and it's been like that for about 10 years
**... I keep forgetting things, Florentino Perez is the one to blame, and Marca last season too, they didn't allow Pellegrini to work at all, he should still be there (actually not, they don't deserve such a trainer).

I really need my edit privileges :P