PDA

View Full Version : Racket Recomendation Please

Speedy_tennis
05-20-2005, 08:44 PM
My Young Brother Is 11 And He Is Playing National Tournaments, His Current Rackets Is The Head I Radical Mp, And He Need A Litlle More Power And Spin.

Skils

Forehand 10
Backhand 8.5
Serve 8
Voley 6

He Plays Like Andre Agassi Style, He Is A Very Agresive Baseline Player

Is The Prince Tt Graphite A Good Racket ??? He Don't Like The Pd Very Much

Thanks

Match Point
05-20-2005, 10:23 PM
Has he been winning? He should stick with Head if everything is working. Switching to Prince line is total different racket which will take time to relearn and might mess up his swing. I would probably recommend Babolat (Pure Control - the burgundy frame) if he wants more power and spin.:beer:

Speedy_tennis
05-20-2005, 10:42 PM
what's the difference between head and prince, i don play with prince

Match Point
05-20-2005, 11:01 PM
what's the difference between head and prince, i don play with prince

I used to play with Head Prestige many moons ago. Head is a very well balanced racket. The load is neutral. The Prince line I used to use is Thunderstick, it's swing make Prince racket more loaded in the top (top heavy?). There are some shots that Head racket is better and some Prince racket is better. From my experience the Head racket at the net will twist on off centered shots. I hate that feeling. I love the Head racket on the baseline it's so balanced. I didn't have to work that hard with Head racket. With Prince racket, it seemed I have to get there early or else I don't get a clean swing at the ball.

I switched back to the Wilson PS 90 tour couple years ago because it's the only racket that I am truly comfortable with. The only shot that I am truly weak in is the wide to the backhand side if I am on the run with only one hand. With the 90 Tour, I can't be lazy thus really work hard. But it's the feel on the ball and the touch on the volley is just amazing.

Just like any rackets it's the feel and comfort one has. :mrgreen:

Speedy_tennis
05-20-2005, 11:11 PM
other brand/model recomendation?? tt graphite have arround 350 swingweight, too high?

Speedy_tennis
05-21-2005, 12:56 PM
an other expert can help me?

Grimjack
05-21-2005, 01:00 PM
Might try a demo of the LM Instinct. Should provide a little more power and spin than the Irad. Will be a little lighter (which may or may not matter to him), but will at least have the same, unique Head grip-shape, which I think is probably a pretty big deal to an 11 y.o. trying to groove his swing.

The various Dunlop 300g's or the Prince Shark might not be bad demo choices, either.

Grimjack
05-21-2005, 01:02 PM
Apart from "more power and spin potential" than the I.rad, another helpful piece of info would be what he didn't like about the Babolat. Feel? Weight? Grip shape? Power? Ugly? Roddick uses it?