PDA

View Full Version : Which frame do you think is the best for a variety of playing styles and levels?

AndrewD
05-21-2005, 04:59 AM
Just curious to know which racquet people think is the best all-around, modern era frame (not ps 6.0, pog or prestige) that can be effectively utilised by a variety of playing styles (all-court, serve-volley, baseliner, doubles only) and a variety of levels (3.0 and up)? Also, why do you think your choice is the best?

POGO
05-21-2005, 05:05 AM
I think the O3 tour would be a good one.

NoBadMojo
05-21-2005, 06:58 AM
It would be the Volkl V1 Classic. It's got a headsize in which almost everyone can find the sweetspot on, yet the frame is very controllable and better players can use it well..i've seen beginners up to 5.5's using this frame. it's good at everything. it's also light, but not ridiculously so as it is close to even in balance and it lends itself well to lead, all diff kinds of strings at a broad range of tensions, and it is stiff but well dampened and even good for arm sufferers..it's been around for 10 years in pretty much its original form. i've gotten many people into this frame over the years.it's a safe suggestion for almost everyone..the closest thing to the universal racquet i have ever seen. Preliminary reports indicate the DNX V1 coming out soon is even better.

Speedy_tennis
05-21-2005, 08:27 AM
nsix one 95 is a good choise

DoubleHanded&LovinIt
05-21-2005, 10:03 AM
I would say the Volkl C10 Pro MP. Of course, it's very arm-friendly. It has the biggest sweetspot of any player's racquet. The substantial, but not overbearing, static weight and swingweight are well suited to big serving and groundstrokes. However, the racquet is manuverable enough for some great-volleying, and the feel of the frame makes touch shots a breeze. I think this frame can do it all.

newracketagain??
05-21-2005, 10:16 AM
yonex v-con 15
babolot pure drive

these two can be used by anyone !!

crosscourt
05-21-2005, 11:21 AM
Recently, the Wilson HPS 95, Volkl Tour 10 mid and midplus, Yonex RD500 MP have all been rackets that I have found good to play with all court and from the baseline. A modern classic is the Ti Radical Midplus. Hugely popular with good players in clubs and with pros. I am currently trying the TFight 325. A sort of update of the Prestige Classic. So far its very easy to play with from anywhere on the court.

cc

Steve F.
05-21-2005, 02:58 PM
A modern classic? Ti Radical Midplus. I'll second crosscourt. I've seen this in the hands of every level player, from collegiate athletes to novices, and does everything for baseliners to serve and volleyers. Remember, this frame was supposedly discontinued, but it's still around, and can be had new, and cheap. fwiw, it's still - by a large margin - the most popular choice on my local courts. Not for me, but clearly, Head did something right with it.

TennsDog
05-21-2005, 05:33 PM
I think the Head LM Instinct is a very good racket for a lot of different players. I liked it, but it just had too much power, though Youzhny uses it and it is light enough that intermediates can use it as well. If weight is less of an issue, then I think the Prince NXG is also a good all-around choice, but I'm not sure how many 3.0's can handle 12oz well...