PDA

View Full Version : Lebron Watch...

slewisoh
07-02-2010, 07:47 PM
It feels like all of Cleveland is on pins and needles, waiting to hear whether Lebron will stay home or jump ship. I can't imagine the Cavs without him! Fingers crossed, along with toes and eyeballs...

Bhagi Katbamna
07-03-2010, 01:08 PM
He'd be crazy to go to NY Knicks. The taxes are so high in NY City that at his current salary, he'd be paying more than $10 million more in taxes.

hollywood9826
07-03-2010, 01:51 PM
I think the Knics are out of the Lebron sweepstakes. They just offered Amare the Max and they wouldnt do that yet if they had any reason to think Lebron was coming.

I think Lebron is staying in Cle, but Chi is the only other option for him IMO.

Drop Shot 11
07-03-2010, 01:56 PM
Is Miami out of the question?

hollywood9826
07-03-2010, 02:16 PM
Financially no they are not. But I just don't see him leaving Cle for Mia. I see Chi as the only other destination.

Mia right now has 2 guys on the roster. If Lebron wants to win he can do that just as easily staying in Cle. But CHI roster is stacked and presents the quickest chance to win a title. Thats why I think Chi is the only other team he goes to.

agassi fan
07-04-2010, 05:14 PM
he better go to the bulls him and wade

LanEvo
07-04-2010, 05:56 PM
howd u think itd make out if Lebron went to the Lakers? not that it will happen, but how do u guys see that to be?

slewisoh
07-04-2010, 06:29 PM
I too think Chicago has a reasonable chance at signing Lebron James.

Unfortunately, there are a lot of roster issues in Cleveland. Shaq will be gone and Big Z will not fit with Byron Scott's plan to be a running team. Delonte West is on the trading block and Mo Williams disappeared during the playoffs.

It's tough to be a guard in Cleveland, as the offense is so often initiated by James. So do you need a shooting guard or a true point guard?

On the plus side, the Cavs have an owner with deep pockets, excellent facilities, an experienced coach...Verajao will be strong, J.J. Hickson has talent and perhaps Jamison will be the player he was in Washington...

But above all, Cleveland is HOME. I think if he had started his career elsewhere the hometown story would not be significant. But I think Lebron really wants to make it happen here.

Mansewerz
07-04-2010, 07:48 PM
Please tell me Lebron comes to Chicago! We need hope again, and him, D Rose, and Noah can do lots of damage!

West Coast Ace
07-05-2010, 02:44 PM
howd u think itd make out if Lebron went to the Lakers? not that it will happen, but how do u guys see that to be?I will comment on the underlying subject of 'top star players all going to a few teams.' I think that's very dangerous - if there are 6 super teams and the rest are terrible, the league will be a joke.

Please tell me Lebron comes to Chicago! We need hope again, and him, D Rose, and Noah can do lots of damage!Carlos Boozer is your Savior! :)

But I just don't see him leaving Cle for Mia.I agree. Cleveland (like Toronto with Bosh) aren't likely to get punked on a 'sign and trade' to give him the max dollars. So the question is who will Cleve bring in to improve their chances of winning a championship?

West Coast Ace
07-05-2010, 04:40 PM
ESPN is reporting Stoudamire and the Knicks have reached an agreement. So one of the big names appears to be off the market.

jamesblakefan#1
07-06-2010, 10:02 PM
LeBron to announce his decision in a live 1 hr special on ESPN Thursday at 9 ET. And officially replaces Brett Favre as the biggest attention wh0re in sports.

Sidd Finch
07-07-2010, 07:50 AM
LeBron to announce his decision in a live 1 hr special on ESPN Thursday at 9 ET. And officially replaces Brett Favre as the biggest attention wh0re in sports.

Quite true. LeBron and his act has become more than tiresome. He most definitely has joined the Favre School of Obnoxious Attention Seekers

ollinger
07-07-2010, 07:54 AM
The "attention wh0re" is doing the program as a benefit -- the advertising revenue goes to children's charities.

dParis
07-07-2010, 08:23 AM
Quite true. LeBron and his act has become more than tiresome. He most definitely has joined the Favre School of Obnoxious Attention Seekers
:lol: When are some people going to realize that it's more a case of the attention seeking out LeBron James. Media and fans alike are hanging on every action, word or rumored word of LBJ and falling all over themselves to find out what his decision will be. A decision that will have a $100's million impact on a community. With the charity aspect to this announcement, it seems James is creating something positive out of what most others would have made nothing. It's a win-win situation. Kudos to LBJ. Too bad it looks like the Bulls are getting the shaft.

BTW, nice Favre comparison. James is 10 X more popular than Favre - and I may be shorting LBJ in that estimation.

hollywood9826
07-07-2010, 08:36 AM
Its a way of possibly not hearing every two miutes where hes going to go. Maybe his Agent is tired of fileding call from every reporter in the universe.

Schedule the Press Conf, make some cash for boys and girls club of america. Appease the media and slow down the constant nagging questions.

I think its the right thing to do.

Brett Favre would wait until 2 days before the season and do this.

Falloutjr
07-07-2010, 09:14 AM
To be honest, I could really care less about all of this. I live in Akron, Ohio; I hear enough about LeBron James on a regular basis, and now when you turn the TV to SportsCenter, all it is is Lebron, Wade, and Bosh. Next couple weeks its gonna be all Favre and after that it's gonna be all LeBron and Kobe again. I wish they would actually show SPORTS like tennis and soccer and whatnot instead of dickriding all the time. Though the audience is to blame for this. We overhyped this year's free agency, now they won't shut up about it. If you have nothing to do all day but watch tv to find out which team a basketball player is going to play for, you honest to god have no life. I don't care where he goes because he's a drama queen and I'm quite sick of it. Besides, you would think people would've learned this lesson by this point in their lives; desperate =/= sexy. Showing desperation is the easiest way to drive someone away. Either way, I just this to be over with so everyone can go on with their lives and I can actually catch up on what's going on in IMPORTANT sports matters like, I don't know, scores?

jamesblakefan#1
07-07-2010, 09:17 AM
I still think it's quite attention wh0re-ish, to coin a phrase, also to echo the sentiments of others, imagine if LeBron had actually won something....hmm.

I'm a Bulls fan, but I would not root for LeBron if he went there. I know none of you are going to believe that, but I just can't stand the guy and the hype that surrounds him.

Fedace
07-07-2010, 09:29 AM
I would love to see Lebron come to LA but i think in reality he is going to HEAT in Miami.. that is his BEST chance to win 4-5 NBA championships. Any other place that is not gonna happen...

jamesblakefan#1
07-07-2010, 09:51 AM
Apparently, even LeBron will be watching LeBron's announcement tomorrow night.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/1004/rare.lebron.james/images/lebron-tv.jpg

Dedans Penthouse
07-07-2010, 09:59 AM
To be honest, I could really care less about all of this. I live in Akron, Ohio; I hear enough about LeBron James on a regular basis, and now when you turn the TV to SportsCenter, all it is is Lebron, Wade, and Bosh. Next couple weeks its gonna be all Favre and after that it's gonna be all LeBron and Kobe again. I wish they would actually show SPORTS like tennis and soccer and whatnot instead of dickriding all the time. Though the audience is to blame for this. We overhyped this year's free agency, now they won't shut up about it. If you have nothing to do all day but watch tv to find out which team a basketball player is going to play for, you honest to god have no life. I don't care where he goes because he's a drama queen and I'm quite sick of it. Besides, you would think people would've learned this lesson by this point in their lives; desperate =/= sexy. Showing desperation is the easiest way to drive someone away. Either way, I just this to be over with so everyone can go on with their lives and I can actually catch up on what's going on in IMPORTANT sports matters like, I don't know, scores?
^^^^^^^
This +1.

Watching ESPN (esp. Sportscenter) for sports has become like watching MTV for lessons in real life (and music).

Ronaldo
07-07-2010, 10:05 AM
Maybe Brett Favre can get a 90 minute special on ESPN? Donate the ad time to the Slick Willy Save our Fisheries fund.

Fedace
07-07-2010, 10:07 AM
Maybe Brett Favre can get a 90 minute special on ESPN? Donate the ad time to the Slick Willy Save our Fisheries fund.

Brett can do an auction on his Jock straps and that will bring in Millions. :)

NickH87
07-07-2010, 10:13 AM
Lebrick...

hollywood9826
07-07-2010, 10:15 AM
I would love to see Lebron come to LA but i think in reality he is going to HEAT in Miami.. that is his BEST chance to win 4-5 NBA championships. Any other place that is not gonna happen...

I Disagree. If he goes to MIA they will have three superstars and the 9 guy taken from the pu-pu platter of 2nd round picks. Maybe a bumb Vet will go for minimum pay but it wouldnt be a good one the team would have no depth.

Right now and longterm CHI is in the best chance to win with. Derrick Rose has already proven he is an elite level player. And Noah is that guy you hate playing against but love to play with. He does all the little things you ask out of players. And they would still ahve room to maybe grab another big time FA (Boozer) with a deal that would send Deng somewhere. Lebron, Rose, Boozer, and Noah would set up to win a title for years.

Although with the Knickerbockers he would be wih Amare under D'antoni. That would a very fun team to watch.

Juges8932
07-07-2010, 10:24 AM
I'm a huge Wade fan. I hope LBJ goes down to Miami. That would be so damn fun/exciting.

dParis
07-07-2010, 11:28 AM
To be honest, I could really care less about all of this...
How much less could you care? Like waiting for the announcement of who the coxswain will be for the Tunisian national female rowing team? Less than that?
Watching ESPN (esp. Sportscenter) for sports has become like watching MTV for lessons in real life (and music).
Right on. Signature worthy.

CCNM
07-07-2010, 11:31 AM
Never heard of this Bosh guy. We're supposed to know Thursday where LeBron is heading...

Fedace
07-07-2010, 11:43 AM
Lebron and Koby Bryant and Kasol. This is a combination that will not Lose EVER. could go thru the entire season undefeated......LOL

AV1
07-07-2010, 11:58 AM
I just heard from a couple reliable sources (whitehead411 and Prof. Bones) that Lebron James will become a Laker via a sign and trade.
Byron Scott always wanted to coach the Lakers. Well, this will be his chance, minus Kobe Bryant.
Lakers get James and they ship off Odom, Bynum, Artest, Brown and Morrison

Fedace
07-07-2010, 12:02 PM
I just heard from a couple reliable sources (whitehead411 and Prof. Bones) that Lebron James will become a Laker via a sign and trade.
Byron Scott always wanted to coach the Lakers. Well, this will be his chance, minus Kobe Bryant.
Lakers get James and they ship off Odom, Bynum, Artest, Brown and Morrison

Thanks for the Heads up. So where is Odom and Bynum going ??? We will surely miss them but with Lebron and kobe on the same team,,,it won't matter. 3 guys can just play by themselves,,,,we don't even need 5 guys..

Moose Malloy
07-07-2010, 01:27 PM
tmz is reporting that Lebron is signing with the Knicks.

Fedace
07-07-2010, 02:41 PM

NY is the last place Lebron would go. why deal with pressure of NY press and also they don't have the supporting cast and Stattlemyere can't play defense.

pricey_aus
07-07-2010, 03:06 PM
NY is the last place Lebron would go. why deal with pressure of NY press and also they don't have the supporting cast and Stattlemyere can't play defense.

Are you, like, actually mentally challenged?

Ronaldo
07-07-2010, 07:09 PM
Are you, like, actually mentally challenged?

Believe he is simply stating, the Knickerbockers totally, like S*U*C*K serpent eggs. Wherever Lebron goes, the team needs to hire a GM that can build a team around him. Like SA or Orlando

Fedace
07-07-2010, 07:46 PM
Believe he is simply stating, the Knickerbockers totally, like S*U*C*K serpent eggs. Wherever Lebron goes, the team needs to hire a GM that can build a team around him. Like SA or Orlando

Exactly. Lebron wants to go where he can win RIGHT NOW. Not 3 or 5 years from now. Those places are Miami and Chicago. Chicago made some major case today by signing Boozer. with Boozer on the team, and Lebron and others, Chicago is virtual LOCK to win the NBA title next year..... Even LA--my team can't challenge them.:)

slewisoh
07-07-2010, 07:54 PM
I think Lebron should negotiate a shorter term contract (2-3 years) with player options for additional years. I think Lebron truly wants to do this in Cleveland/Akron and he's early enough in his career to take a chance on Byron Scott. If it doesn't happen with Scott, move on.

The Cavs have had a lot of success together, but they were hurt by ineffective rotations and offensive game plans. Mike Brown is a good coach, but he was weak in these areas.

If Lebron leaves now, he will never know whether the right coach could make the difference. I hear all of you Lebron haters out there...I don't like the media circus either. But people who have worked with him describe him as hard working and respectful. Good student, good team mate, loyal friend...to hear the haters go on it seems obvious that Satan himself wears hightops and dribbles a basketball!:)

slewisoh
07-07-2010, 08:02 PM
This from sports writer Jason Whitlock:

LeBron James is not stupid.

He's not going to appear on an hour-long TV special to take a dump on Cleveland by revealing he's the black Art Modell. That can't be his end-game strategy, a teary and televised middle-finger farewell to his hometown.

Whitlock opines that Lebron appears on ESPN to announce he is staying in Cleveland and pairing with best friend Chris Paul. Now that would be sweet!

Fedace
07-07-2010, 08:16 PM

He's not going to appear on an hour-long TV special to take a dump on Cleveland by revealing he's the black Art Modell. That can't be his end-game strategy, a teary and televised middle-finger farewell to his hometown.

Whitlock opines that Lebron appears on ESPN to announce he is staying in Cleveland and pairing with best friend Chris Paul. Now that would be sweet!

ROTFL,,,,,,,,,,and yes in about 5-8 years, he may get to the championship game....

(Blank)
07-07-2010, 11:46 PM
Having a one hour special just to announce where he's going to play is ridiculous. He's a good player but he hasn't proven he can win anything yet.

baek57
07-08-2010, 01:23 AM
Lebron should sign with the lakers for $1m where he can learn how to win.

genius24
07-08-2010, 01:27 AM
Having a one hour special just to announce where he's going to play is ridiculous. He's a good player but he hasn't proven he can win anything yet.

agreed. this is pretty ridiculous. he gets enough media as it is. i think he is going to miami tho....if he does, that will be a sick sick team with wade and bosh being there....almost to the level of unfair imo to the rest of the league. would be good for the nba tho

Ronaldo
07-08-2010, 06:27 AM
ROTFL,,,,,,,,,,and yes in about 5-8 years, he may get to the championship game....

Not if Denver backslides, re-signs and trades Carmelo to Cleveland.

Falloutjr
07-08-2010, 06:46 AM
Not if Denver backslides, re-signs and trades Carmelo to Cleveland.

I'd rather have Melo TBH. LeBron doesn't ever attack the rim in the last seconds of a close game, its dribble dribble dribble jack up a terrible 3. He's one of the biggest, strongest, fastest players in the game and he can't dribble past his guy and get fouled or something? I love how LeBron's teammates always got the blame for the losing, no matter how many changes were made. If they made THAT many changes and it wasn't rectified, maybe his teammates weren't the problem ;)

Kevin T
07-08-2010, 07:56 AM
Gotta be Cleveland or Miami. Lebron's not going to the Knicks. Amare can't play D or rebound and the rest of that cast is horrible. If Lebron really wanted to play with Amare, he would have pressed for that deal instead of getting Jamison last year. Why wait around another year for the possibility of getting Marsh Melo? He's a talented player but what has Denver done? And Mello doesn't exactly have the killer instinct...watch him fade away in game after game.

Cleveland is the hometown team. Lebron is very loyal and loves the area. They only need one more key signing. Don't forget Cleveland had the best record in the league last year and went to the finals just a couple of years ago. If Lebron goes with Miami, it's 2 super stars, one very good player in Bosh and a bunch of minimum wage hacks and absolutely no bench. Even all-stars get tired/injured. I agree with Whitlock...no way Lebron gives a one hour salute to Cleveland, only to leave them at the altar at minute 59.

Falloutjr
07-08-2010, 08:17 AM
Gotta be Cleveland or Miami. Lebron's not going to the Knicks. Amare can't play D or rebound and the rest of that cast is horrible. If Lebron really wanted to play with Amare, he would have pressed for that deal instead of getting Jamison last year. Why wait around another year for the possibility of getting Marsh Melo? He's a talented player but what has Denver done? And Mello doesn't exactly have the killer instinct...watch him fade away in game after game.

Cleveland is the hometown team. Lebron is very loyal and loves the area. They only need one more key signing. Don't forget Cleveland had the best record in the league last year and went to the finals just a couple of years ago. If Lebron goes with Miami, it's 2 super stars, one very good player in Bosh and a bunch of minimum wage hacks and absolutely no bench. Even all-stars get tired/injured. I agree with Whitlock...no way Lebron gives a one hour salute to Cleveland, only to leave them at the altar at minute 59.

Right, even Boston needed Rondo and Perkins, two All-Star caliber players, as well as House.

hollywood9826
07-08-2010, 11:19 AM
The cap is 58 mill right now.

Lebron and Bosh can get 20mil max Wade at 25mil. thats 65 mil so the team would pay somekind of luxury tax or finalge the salaries to match. Unless they all agree to like a 16mil contract. Then there would be enough cash to fill spots with worthy role player types. I cant see these guys giving up 16-20 million in potential salary just to play together.

In NYK Lebron has Amare and nothing. Plus Amare at the MAX means the team is strapped for a bit in the FA department also.

CLE has nothing but Byron Scott and can offer him 30 mil more over the life of the contract. But if they can swing CP3 from NO they need role players and thats it.

CHI has Rose, Boozer, and Noah already in place, as well as some guys in good role player positions already. If he joins that team they are contended for a long timeas long as Rose, Noah stay.

hollywood9826
07-08-2010, 11:21 AM
Melo has the highest game winning/tying shot percentage of all active players right now. Ye he does have a tendancy to go to the fade waway sometimes. But Ill trust him with the numbers. Lebron is still more complete of a player.

Slazenger07
07-08-2010, 11:33 AM

TMZ is full of it. The Knicks suck! why would Lebron want to go to the worst team that is after him? He wont, he's leaving Cleveland presumably because he wants to win a Championship. He wont do that in NY. Chicago, Dallas, and Miami seem to be the best options for him. Of course he could stay in Cleveland, but I dont think he will.

Id love to see him in Dallas, then maybe we could finally break through and win an NBA title!

Dirk + Lebron= Scary

Wade + Bosh + Lebron = you might as well hand them the trophy at the beginning of the season cause you know they'll be holding it by the end of the season!

hollywood9826
07-08-2010, 12:13 PM
Dalls would be intriging indeed. But that aint gonna happen.

If them three went to MIA i dont know if the bench would deep enough to matter. Celtics still had role players when they won with thier big three. Athough MIA would have the bigger 3.

But, Lebron is an attention monger. So he could pull this press conferenace off to say hes staying. Which in CLE would generate mad respect and maybe some even saying he a good guy and proved hes loyal. Or he can give CLE the bird go to NYK turn the teamaround, make them relevant, play in the greatest arena in NBA history, be revered throught NY. If they wina title hes forever known as the guy that saved NY basketball. Not to mention the extra oppurtunities that present itself from a marketing standpoint in NY.

So I can remotly see NY, but still think he stays and CLE blows up its roster. Mayeb even pull off a deal for CP3. that team would be assist master and great to watch.

stormholloway
07-08-2010, 12:44 PM
Exactly. Lebron wants to go where he can win RIGHT NOW. Not 3 or 5 years from now. Those places are Miami and Chicago. Chicago made some major case today by signing Boozer. with Boozer on the team, and Lebron and others, Chicago is virtual LOCK to win the NBA title next year..... Even LA--my team can't challenge them.:)

A virtual lock? What the hell are you talking about? A newly formed team is a virtual lock to win the championship?

I agree. Why Lebron would hold a special to announce he was breaking his hometown's collective heart is beyond me.

Falloutjr
07-08-2010, 12:55 PM
A virtual lock? What the hell are you talking about? A newly formed team is a virtual lock to win the championship?

I agree. Why Lebron would hold a special to announce he was breaking his hometown's collective heart is beyond me.

To "raise money for the Boys and Girls club" and to attention wh0re moar.

Ronaldo
07-08-2010, 01:47 PM
To "raise money for the Boys and Girls club" and to attention wh0re moar.

All this attention confirms the real dreaded announcement. Lebron will retire tonite and join the Cleveland Browns.

AV1
07-08-2010, 03:03 PM
I sure hope that James doesn't go to Miami.
I'd like to see DWade win another title but I can't say the same for James...

Fifth Set
07-08-2010, 03:29 PM
According to LeBron's third cousin, once removed (in law), LeBron took a dump today that resembled the Miami Heat logo.

You heard it here first.

West Coast Ace
07-08-2010, 04:25 PM
... miami ......that will be a sick sick team...Really? As of now, and they have NO more $$$$ to do anything, their starting center is a kid they drafted two weeks ago.

TMZ is full of it. The Knicks suck! why would Lebron want to go to the worst team...If he bought the lies that he'll make a ton off endorsements. Remember he said he has a goal to become a billionaire. If he does go, you're right, they have no shot to win and it proves all the "I want to win championships" talk was BS.

...to attention wh0re moar.Pretty much. He's going to regret this. I'm no Kobe fan (he'd be in prison if the girl in CO weren't mentally unstable) - but I think he has to, justifiably, be at home ROTFLHAO.

According to LeBron's third cousin, once removed (in law), LeBron took a dump today that resembled the Miami Heat logo.
Awesome. And LeBron probably pays that guy $75k/yr to flush and spray.

jamesblakefan#1
07-08-2010, 04:33 PM
Really? As of now, and they have NO more $$$$ to do anything, their starting center is a kid they drafted two weeks ago.

Technically Miami can get a bunch of vets to sign with them for the minimum exception and not take a cap hit. Guys like Shaq, Mike Miller, Juwan Howard are already rumored to be possibly joining the proposed 'Miami Thrice'.

If he bought the lies that he'll make a ton off endorsements. Remember he said he has a goal to become a billionaire. If he does go, you're right, they have no shot to win and it proves all the "I want to win championships" talk was BS.

NY's already got Amare, and there's rumors that Melo could join them next year. Though since LeBron already turned down a deal that would've sent Stoudemire to the Cavs last season, there's not much chance of him wanting to go to NYC to play with him.

onehandbh
07-08-2010, 04:53 PM
I heard he will be going to Miami. They will be cutting the rest
of the roster besides Wade & Bosh and giving everything but
$8 of the remaining cap space to LeBron. Then the rest
of the roster will be paid $1/each per year. Rumor has it
they'll filling the roster will NY street ballers who will be making
their money from endorsements since they're only getting
paid $1/a year.

Fedace
07-08-2010, 05:01 PM

ONLY in America.....ONLY in America. decision of one single player and where he is going is prime time news......:):)

Fedace
07-08-2010, 05:05 PM
LOOKS like Miami. too bad.....i think this is a HUGE Mistake. I think Lebron and Wade will get along just fine. but that other dude Bosch,,,,is going to complain like crazy that he isn't getting the ball enough. and he will cause a CRACK in this lockeroom that will be Irrepairable...

RealityPolice
07-08-2010, 05:08 PM
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h140/robsul82/roflbot3-2.jpg

(Blank)
07-08-2010, 05:18 PM
No such thing as a guaranteed championship. Anyone remember when Gary Payton and Karl Malone accepted lesser pay to play with Kobe and Shaq to just win a championship? 4 Hall of Famers and they lost in the Finals.

jamesblakefan#1
07-08-2010, 05:18 PM
This is such a joke...and we're all buying into it lol...again - imagine if Lebron had actually won something.

Rockitdog
07-08-2010, 05:19 PM
ONLY in America.....ONLY in America. decision of one single player and where he is going is prime time news......:):)

Yep, its kind of embarrassing.

edberg505
07-08-2010, 05:24 PM
You would think the guy cured cancer or something.

jamesblakefan#1
LeBron basically talking about how much he loves hearing how great he is...ok LeBron stop fell@ting yourself.

Fedace
No such thing as a guaranteed championship. Anyone remember when Gary Payton and Karl Malone accepted lesser pay to play with Kobe and Shaq to just win a championship? 4 Hall of Famers and they lost in the Finals.

yea but malone and payton were real jerks. Lebron is not...:)

Fedace
07-08-2010, 05:25 PM
LeBron basically talking about how much he loves hearing how great he is...ok LeBron stop fell@ting yourself.

LMAO,,,,they are going to MILK another 45 minutes out of this with Lebron talking about how the teams sucked up to him so hard that he has NO hair left.............................lol:)

jamesblakefan#1
07-08-2010, 05:27 PM
Miami.............

Fedace
07-08-2010, 05:28 PM
Am i GENIUS ? or Am i the person with IQ of 142 ??? I have been saying for last 4-5 days, it is going to be MIAMI and again I am Right........oh dear......

borg number one
07-08-2010, 05:29 PM
Miami it is. It looks like it was tough for him to leave his hometown. I'm sure he knows he's leaving something behind in a way, but Miami will be tough. We'll see if they can make three superstars work together well. They probably will do great, with Riley at the helm in a couple of years.

slewisoh
07-08-2010, 05:39 PM
My Lebron James shirt is IN THE TRASH! WEENIE!!!:mad:

onehandbh
07-08-2010, 05:44 PM
I think Lebron and Wade will get along just fine. but that other dude Bosch,,,,is going to complain like crazy that he isn't getting the ball enough. and he will cause a CRACK in this lockeroom that will be Irrepairable...

I disagree, I think BOSCH will be a spark plug for the team.

Tyrus
07-08-2010, 05:48 PM
Enough with the "best chance to win ********" as soon as he said south beach i turned it off.

They still need a center and PG, The Bulls would have still been the best fit for him.

Fedace
07-08-2010, 05:49 PM
My Lebron James shirt is IN THE TRASH! WEENIE!!!:mad:

which team were you hoping he would go ??? Cleveland is Burning his jersey......OUCH............:)

Juges8932
07-08-2010, 06:00 PM
Yes sir. Let's go. Can't wait for next season to start.

dParis
07-08-2010, 06:05 PM
Crack is wack and so was that. What a middle finger to Cleveland. I think any GOAT aspirations have taken a hit.

jamesblakefan#1
07-08-2010, 06:07 PM
Crack is wack and so was that. What a middle finger to Cleveland. I think any GOAT aspirations have taken a hit.

Yes. Now it can be officially said that LeBron quit on the Cavs during the Celtics series, Game 5 in particular.

Fedace
07-08-2010, 06:08 PM
Yes. Now it can be officially said that LeBron quit on the Cavs during the Celtics series, Game 5 in particular.

if he does it again, at least Miami has D Wade to pick up the slack..:)

Fedace
07-08-2010, 06:09 PM
OK folks,,,,the Real reason Lebron didn't go to Chicago ( would have been a PERFECT fit ) is ................Real JERK Management and Owner..........

scotus
07-08-2010, 06:11 PM
Enough with the "best chance to win ********" as soon as he said south beach i turned it off.

They still need a center and PG, The Bulls would have still been the best fit for him.

How about Shaq for a mid-level exception?

Fedace
07-08-2010, 06:21 PM

Yes i know Bulls are the best fit. but that management and the Owner are real POISON. I can't blame Lebron for going to Miami. They can get some real lame Center like Bill Wennington and they will be fine. and they can bring back Isaiah Thomas to play Point guard.............:)

Falloutjr
07-08-2010, 06:25 PM
How about Shaq for a mid-level exception?

More like Brad Miller. Shaq is way past his prime and a center who can shoot will stretch the defense for 3 players who can score in the paint at will, though it might not go over well with Bosh, he's the biggest crybaby since the kid whose lollipop I stole back in the 3rd grade. QQ moar, Michael!

Fedace
07-08-2010, 06:27 PM
More like Brad Miller. Shaq is way past his prime and a center who can shoot will stretch the defense for 3 players who can score in the paint at will, though it might not go over well with Bosh, he's the biggest crybaby since the kid whose lollipop I stole back in the 3rd grade. QQ moar, Michael!

Agree, Bosh will take that team apart. What about that stiff from Dallas MAvericks ?? that center that was made fun of in the past

Tennis_Monk
07-08-2010, 06:31 PM
Do you think Leb is justified in his decision?. can he win his championships?

Falloutjr
07-08-2010, 06:46 PM
Agree, Bosh will take that team apart. What about that stiff from Dallas MAvericks ?? that center that was made fun of in the past

This is whats gonna happen in Miami.

http://img806.imageshack.us/img806/3083/qqing.jpg

Fedace
07-08-2010, 06:47 PM
Do you think Leb is justified in his decision?. can he win his championships?

It is possible. but they do need help from others. Basketball is 5 man game NOT 3 man game.

Fifth Set
07-08-2010, 07:57 PM
I disagree, I think BOSCH will be a spark plug for the team.

I see what you did there! Somebody obviously was thinking of the German player, who had already re-signed with Dallas.

Anyway, I'm really surprised that anyone is surprised by this LeBronian decision.

After all, there is a very painful reality to deal with when one is considering the Cleveland Cavaliers:

They play in Cleveland.

jamesblakefan#1
07-08-2010, 08:23 PM
I see what you did there! Somebody obviously was thinking of the German player, who had already re-signed with Dallas.

Yeah Dirk resigned in Dallas, no hour long special, no free agent watch. Same w/ Paul Pierce in Boston. Imagine that?

Fifth Set
07-08-2010, 08:29 PM
Did you guys see the angry open letter that Cavs' owner Dan Gilbert put out? Wow. Most entertaining bit from the whole parade of absurdity.

http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/news/gilbert_letter_100708.html

Miami Tiburon
07-08-2010, 08:39 PM
Saw the letter seems like the guy is really upset. After reading the letter I dont think I would want to work for this guy either.
Welcome to Miami Lebron !

FitzRoy
07-08-2010, 10:43 PM
Did you guys see the angry open letter that Cavs' owner Dan Gilbert put out? Wow. Most entertaining bit from the whole parade of absurdity.

I clicked on this link without really looking at the URL. As I was reading the letter, I thought it was a joke, that someone was playing a prank with a fake website with a letter written either by a really angry, bitter fan, or someone posing as one.

Then I realized...this is on NBA.com! It's real. Just...wow.

I honestly can't believe this. He calls him "cowardly", "disgraceful", etc...

The thing is dripping with emotion and bitterness. It's really one of the least professional things I've ever seen. It doesn't matter whether LeBron deserved such a rant or not, that just isn't how an owner should conduct his/her self. A personal guarantee to win the title before LeBron does? How in the world is Gilbert going to manage that when no player is going to want to play for an owner who publically goes on childish, emotionally driven rants about a player?

Don't get me wrong - players WILL play for the guy, because he'll pay them to. And that's what they do - they're professionals. The team has money, like every other team, and someone will take it. But Cleveland is already a difficult spot to lure top free agents to, and having Gilbert conduct himself like this will make it even harder.

LanEvo
07-08-2010, 10:58 PM
Lebron vs. D-Wade, that's the next feud.

slewisoh
07-08-2010, 11:32 PM
As shocking as the letter is, I think it accurately reflects the way the organization feels. No one in Cleveland believed Lebron would go on national tv and embarrass his hometown. I'm astounded that he did not consider how this would be received.

He could have released a statement and at least lied about how much it has meant to him to play here and then go on to say that he felt it was time for him to make a very difficult change. People could accept that, but this?

I don't get it. With this move, he throws away the chance to lead a team to a championship. Miami will always be D-Wade's team and Lebron will be viewed as the lesser player. Some legacy.

FitzRoy
07-08-2010, 11:43 PM
I'm not going to disagree with your points about how LeBron handled all of this.

And yeah, I'm sure it's how the organization feels.

But you can't put out an open letter like that. Especially not from the owner. Doesn't do any good, and in fact it hurts the Cavs even more.

pmata814
07-09-2010, 12:04 AM
I'm not going to disagree with your points about how LeBron handled all of this.

And yeah, I'm sure it's how the organization feels.

But you can't put out an open letter like that. Especially not from the owner. Doesn't do any good, and in fact it hurts the Cavs even more.

I remember them saying on Mike & Mike that if Lebron left, the franchise would drop about $100 million in value. That would probably explain the letter from the owner :)

Say Chi Sin Lo
07-09-2010, 12:55 AM
I don't get all the hate on LeBron James.

It's not you who's taking less money.
It's not you who's trying to win a championship.

I thought that letter was uncalled for as well. The Cavs shouldn't be so bitter after the 7 great years LeBron gave to them. If they have anyone to blame, blame it on themselves. For 7 years, they put LeBron James in a half court set, and let him go 1-on-5. Yeah they got players around him, but the system remained the same. Let's not forget, LeBron James literally single handedly won the Detroit series in 2007.

Cleveland Cavs fans, cry me a river.

Tennis_Monk
07-09-2010, 02:50 AM
Leb can play wherever he feels comfortable. I dont blame him for that. Leb gave 7 yrs to cleveland and he thought things didnt work out so i can ration with him.

But he handled this in not so good way. He could have done better. Cleveland has ties with Lebron that go beyond logic. So they expected something different from him--- they felt he is their own.

Slazenger07
07-09-2010, 05:40 AM
I think the Knics are out of the Lebron sweepstakes. They just offered Amare the Max and they wouldnt do that yet if they had any reason to think Lebron was coming.

I think Lebron is staying in Cle, but Chi is the only other option for him IMO.

You were dead wrong huh. Its ok alot of people were. I think it was a stupid move for Cavs to say if Lebron left he wouldnt be welcome back. He carried this team for years they wouldnt have anything without him they should respect his decision as a well thought out career move that is best for him. To completely disown him like they have shows some real immaturity and disrespect. If I was Lebron Id be pretty irritated with the Cavaliers behavior. But I wouldnt be able to wait to come back to Cleveland and put on a show and absolutely embarrass my former team. Which Im sure he will do.

Slazenger07
07-09-2010, 05:47 AM

LOL. That guy's full of ****, no wonder Lebron left Cleveland. No way in hell the Cavs are winning anything without him. He's gonna have a couple trophies with Miami before Cleveland ever sees one. I wish I could tell that ****** bag just how stupid he sounds spitting out all of that nonsense. The "Cleveland Curse" is the product of a young team that when it came to crunch time couldnt handle the pressure and wilted like a flower, it has absolutely nothing to do with Lebron, he was the only thing that gave them any hope of success at all.

dParis
07-09-2010, 06:58 AM

I wonder if, when Dan Gilbert woke up this morning, he palmed his forehead and said to himself, "Oh boy, did I really say all that last night? Did I really release an open letter? Oh God..."

I have no skin in this game at all, but I'm almost embarrassed for him when I read that.

Kevin T
07-09-2010, 07:34 AM
Complete lack of class from Lebron and Gilbert. Maybe these two just hated each other all along. Apparently, Lebron stopped responding to calls/texts/emails from Gilbert over two weeks ago. As others have said, Lebron just punked Cleveland. He gave up in the playoffs and he gave up on the team. If he wanted to move on to another team, that's fine. No problem with that. But the way this was orchestrated was the worst PR move in my sports memory. That's what you get when Pookie and the rest of your high school crew is running the show vs. experienced agents/PR teams. Not that Cleveland would be first choice by any free agent but Lebron basically strung them along until all the majors were signed, then takes a steaming dump on the Cavs, assuring them of no good signings this year. And way to go Gilbert...you just made yourself the least attractive owner/NBA city to any future free agent with that junior high rant.

Did Jordan quit the Bulls when the Pistons gave him years of beat downs? IMHO, Lebron officially takes the mantle of 'Most hated NBA player' from Kobe. Actually, he didn't just take it, he ripped it away in a first round knockout. And here's Miami's roster at the moment:

Bosh
Lebron
DWade
Chalmers
3 second round picks

And props to Stephen A. Smith who reported this about 2 weeks ago.

World Beater
07-09-2010, 07:50 AM
funny.

everyone keeps talking about how much of a prima donna move the one hour special was....yet pretty much everyone tuned in to watch it.

Hilarious, imo. Lebron just fed all of your appetites.

Btw. Lebron can do what he wants, and if he wants to use a one hour special to do it...so be it. Its the media and all their viewers fault for entertaining such a circus.

Lebron just increased nba ratings for the next season or so exponentially. Well done Bron. David Stern should personally gift wrap a championship to you for the great stunts you just pulled.

tacoben
07-09-2010, 07:52 AM
I argree with a lot of people who did not like the hype or buildup to his announcement. Classless!

Insteresting comments/perspective from some of the ESPN analyst...about how Michael Jordon was on a bad team when he first arrived in Chicago, but he rode it out and they eventually became champions. Cleveland in my opinion only needed a new coach and maybe one or two quality picks/free agents for "it" to happen. To bad for Lebron, Byron Scott just came on board, a quality young coach. I think he'll live to regret his decision.

Ronaldo
07-09-2010, 08:03 AM
Lebron, D-Wade, and Bosch cooked up this Gulasz four yrs ago during contract negotiations.

Kevin T
07-09-2010, 08:14 AM
Nice critique from SI

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/michael_rosenberg/07/08/lebron.event/index.html?eref=sircrc

ollinger
07-09-2010, 08:21 AM
This Dan Gilbert thing is hilarious. The man who founded Quicken Loans, now being sued by its own employees for violations of the Fair Labor Act, lecturing Lebron about values and loyalty to the organization.

goober
07-09-2010, 08:30 AM
Insteresting comments/perspective from some of the ESPN analyst...about how Michael Jordon was on a bad team when he first arrived in Chicago, but he rode it out and they eventually became champions. Cleveland in my opinion only needed a new coach and maybe one or two quality picks/free agents for "it" to happen. To bad for Lebron, Byron Scott just came on board, a quality young coach. I think he'll live to regret his decision.

Its hard to really compare Jordan and Lebron. Back in the mid to late 80s, free agency wasn't as big as it is now. People didn't get these huge max contracts and there was more team loyalty back then. Things are different now.

The Bulls drafted Horace Grant and Scottie Pippen in 1987 so Jordan got big help in year 3. Lebron finished 7 years and still really doesn't have anyone comparable. Some might say 7 years is a reasonable amount of time to give to a city. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar spent 6 years in milwaukee, yet nobody ever faults him for wanting to leave.

jamesblakefan#1
07-09-2010, 08:56 AM
LOL. That guy's full of ****, no wonder Lebron left Cleveland. No way in hell the Cavs are winning anything without him. He's gonna have a couple trophies with Miami before Cleveland ever sees one. I wish I could tell that ****** bag just how stupid he sounds spitting out all of that nonsense. The "Cleveland Curse" is the product of a young team that when it came to crunch time couldnt handle the pressure and wilted like a flower, it has absolutely nothing to do with Lebron, he was the only thing that gave them any hope of success at all.

So LeBron tanking Game 5 vs Boston meant nothing?

Slazenger07
07-09-2010, 09:30 AM
And props to Stephen A. Smith who reported this about 2 weeks ago.[/QUOTE]

For Sure. That man knows his Basketball

Slazenger07
07-09-2010, 09:32 AM

They couldnt have won the game without him, of course it meant something, it meant they didnt have a snow ball's chance in hell to win if Lebron wasnt on top of his game.

Sidd Finch
07-09-2010, 09:37 AM

I watched every minute of that series. LeBron tanked on more than one occassion, especially at crunch time. If I were a Cavs fan I would have been pretty po'd. The guy hasn't earned anything yet (unless you count the many millions of dollars I guess...:(..). It's almost as if he quit on his team as an "I told you I can't win here!" message in preparation for his leaving Cleveland. I've lost mucho respect for they guy.

r2473
07-09-2010, 09:39 AM
And props to Stephen A. Smith who reported this about 2 weeks ago.

Kris Kristofferson had the scoop years before:

Jesus Was A Capricorn

Jesus was a Capricorn
He ate organic food
He believed in love and peace
And never wore no shoes
Long hair, beard and sandles
And a funky bunch of friends
Reckon we'd just nail him up
If he came down again

Chorus:
'Cause everybody's gotta have somebody to look down on
Who they can feel better than at any time they please
Someone doin' somethin' dirty decent folks can frown on
If you can't find nobody else, then help yourself to me

Eggheads cussing rednecks cussing
Hippies for their hair
Others laugh at straights who laugh at
Freaks who laugh at squares
Some folks hate the Whites
Who hate the Blacks who hate the Klan
Most of us hate anything that
We don't understand

Chorus

Dedans Penthouse
07-09-2010, 09:45 AM
funny.

everyone keeps talking about how much of a prima donna move the one hour special was....yet pretty much everyone tuned in to watch it.

Um, nope. Was flipping between the Yankee-Mariner pre-game and Anthony Boudain's "No Reservations" last night.

I (and others) were so sick and tired and turned off by ESPN's ad nauseum 24/7 Labiaron/NBA free agent shilling that for the last week I'd flipped the dial to "World Cup" updates --anything but this Labron overkill...ugh. :neutral:

jamesblakefan#1
07-09-2010, 09:54 AM
They couldnt have won the game without him, of course it meant something, it meant they didnt have a snow ball's chance in hell to win if Lebron wasnt on top of his game.

Well that's the case for almost any team when their best player is off (save the Lakers in Game 7 when Kobe was off, but Artest/Gasol stepped up). But INTENTIONALLY (in my eyes) not trying your hardest, in order to stick it to the team/organization, and make leaving the team justified, is just classless. Lost all kinds of respect for LeBron after that game,and this FA charade just made me lose any I had left for him.

Sidd Finch
Um, nope. Was flipping between the Yankee-Mariner pre-game and Anthony Boudain's "No Reservations" last night.

I (and others) were so sick and tired and turned off by ESPN's ad nauseum 24/7 Labiaron/NBA free agent shilling that I started actively looking for "World Cup" updates and panel show discussion elsewhere on the dial--anything but this Labron overkill...ugh. :neutral:

Rented Cool Hand Luke last night. Missed the entire Lebronathon on The Shill Network and couldn't be happier.

Dragline (George Kennedy): "Why you got to go and say fifty eggs for? Why not thirty-five or thirty-nine?"

Luke: "I thought it was a nice round number."

WARPWOODIE
Class guy. He goes around wearing a New York Yankee hat and ends up in Miami:confused:!

Moose Malloy
07-09-2010, 10:15 AM
But INTENTIONALLY (in my eyes) not trying your hardest, in order to stick it to the team/organization,

That was the day the news leaked out that Delonte West was banging Lebron's mom. Apparently everyone on the team knew about it, except Lebron, so I can see why he was a bit upset at his teammates. I'm not kidding. This was probably a bigger factor in his leaving Cleveland than we'll ever know.

dParis
07-09-2010, 11:51 AM
Kris Kristofferson had the scoop years before:

Jesus Was A Capricorn...
Apparently, this little ditty can put all of the world's issues in perspective. Are you trying to turn this site into Jesus Was A Capricorn.Com? This is at least the fourth thread where you have referenced this song. Don't stop here. There are several other threads that can use this sobering clarity:

Music Game (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=300485)
Girl Problem... (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=337425)
How do I sew pockets into shorts? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=337714)
Issues with friends (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=337530)
Conan (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=306321)
What song are you listening to right now? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=337529)
Using the cheese grater (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=336649)
Should Federer retire? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=243014&highlight=should+retire)
The J011yRoger Bet Reloaded. (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=309611&highlight=jolly)
** #1 Redondo Talks Thread **** (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=102323)

...and many, many others...

anchorsteamer
07-09-2010, 12:04 PM
Lebron will regret his handling of free agency for a long time...his name, brand, image and stock just took a massive hit. Right now he not only looks spectacularly callous and immature...but scared and naive. How could his advisors have been so dumb...amazing...

r2473
07-09-2010, 12:17 PM
Are you trying to turn this site into Jesus Was A Capricorn.Com?

Don't be silly. I've been saving this one for just the right occasion:

"For All My *****z & *****es"
(feat. Kurupt, Daz, Rage)

[Verse One: Kurupt]

Well it's that slow flow, D-O-double-G, *****
See these other fools but you can't see me, *****
Who am I? (It's Kurupt mother****er)
Do or die (We gives a **** mother****er)
So slow your roll, I'm In Control like Janet
The loc-est twenty-one year old ***** that's on this planet
Take it for granted, if ya wanna, cuz I'm gonna
grab my strap then clear the corner, beeotch!!

[Chorus: repeat 2X]

So all my *****es and my *****z and my *****z and my *****es
Wave your mother****in hands in the air
And if you don't give a ****
Like we don't give a ****
Wave your mother****in fingers in the air

[Verse Two: Daz, Kurupt]

Now on a one, two, three who could it be
Comin with a group of gangsta **** for ninety-three
So ninety-four's arrived *****, back on up
And let me and my Dogg Kurupt **** **** up
Now can't nobody see me here or there
wherever I bails, I put it down on the ground
Cuz ain't **** for sale in the Coupe
with the beat flossin off gold D's
And my cousin Snoop packs well, you know what I mean
And it don't take much, for the Dogg Pound to bust a cap
in your ***, for gettin us all ****ed up
Now check it, it's a callin for *****z like Doggs
who supposed to be the ****, but steadily *****in like hogs
(Yes y'all) Walk the Doggs (yes y'all) Yiggy y'all
Stay full of that gin and juice and have a ball

I packs a strap, like that, I kicks it like this
Now how many *****es must get dick?
Before they say, that Daz is that ***** from back in the day
Ya never ever thought I'd see him bustin with Dr. Dre
Cuz I grips mics, I rips mics in half
Hoes be comin to my flat so I can tap that ***

[Chorus]

[Verse Three: Kurupt]

You're headed my way, ***** you best to hit a U-turn quick
So what's happenin? I'm cappin **** up like a Western flick
The kinpin of the clique, top notch
17 shot Glock cocked, so all ***** drop
The run of the mill fool get broke off for tryin to serve
the best Kurupt's era, peep the terror, cuz it's a murder fest
I smoke chronic everyday, so what have we
Another mother****er, gettin served like some cavy
Now who, drops (ruff rhymes) I got full Juice like 2Pac
(plus I'm) rollin with two Glocks
Fly mother****ers can't see Kurupt
Hellraisin like Pinhead, beware I'm tearin **** the **** up
Slow your roll, like your legs was broken
Who's jokin? Rakim never joked, so why should I loc?
Now that's my idol, check the vital rhyme flow doe
Runnin em like Flo Jo, stranded on Death Row
Mediocre mother****ers die cuz I'm servin it
They can't **** with or see me I'm mass murderin
[Smokin indo, look out my window I suppose] Yeah
[*****z don't understand how we kicks diffrent flows]
(I'm raw like new footage) I'm rugged like a BF Goodrich
(Bring your whole set and get your hood lynched)
[Drop to your knees like a dog in heat]
Peep the murderous styles and the poetical techiques

[Chorus]

[Verse Four: Rage]

Check it out, it's Rage, ready for the breakdown
Take down, when it comes to the mic I'm puttin my weight down
And that's 175 pounds of beed
beatin yo' *** down to the concrete
Fool, act like ya know
I'm stranded on Death Row with no where to go, so
What's a girl to do
Take out a crew, or two, a few, what you wanna do?

[Snoop]
Throw your guns in the mother****in air, we don't care
[Dogg Pound]
*****z don't give a **** *****
[Snoop]
About nuthin at all, just my Doggs and clockin the grip *****
[Dogg Pound]
[Snoop]
That's why I can kick it so tuff, cuz when times get ruff, my
[Dogg Pound]
[Snoop]
The clique i'm with, don't give a sheeit, ya know why?
[Dogg Pound]
Real *****z don't give a ****

[Chorus]

Kevin T
Lebron will regret his handling of free agency for a long time...his name, brand, image and stock just took a massive hit. Right now he not only looks spectacularly callous and immature...but scared and naive. How could his advisors have been so dumb...amazing...

Yep. It's like I mentioned, he fired the real professionals a few years ago and relies on his old homies to take care of business.

ollinger
Have another Anchor Steam....he'll be fine. He handles himself very well in public, has no scandals associated with his name, demonstrates maturity and composure in things like interviews and hosting SNL....his name and image are in fine shape except for with a few bitter basketball zealots.

anchorsteamer
07-09-2010, 12:44 PM
He drew out the media circus of his free agency too long...then went on prime-time national TV to slap Cleveland and basketball fans across the face. His brand and image have allready taken a massive hit, as obvious from the countless number of fans and media members who have ripped him for his immature and brutally backstabbing method to handling this situation.

He was going to take a hit no matter what for abondoning his team to join All-Stars (quickly taking him out of even potential Jordan, Bird, Russell territory)...but to have done it the way he did (celebratory it's all about me prime time TV fashion) will (AND ALREADY TANGIBLY HAS) hurt him. I haven't heard anyone say it wont (beyond you of course)...and yes...the weekends first anchorsteam is only 2 hours away...Cheers...GO CLIPPERS!!!!

FuriousYellow
07-09-2010, 02:27 PM
Have another Anchor Steam....he'll be fine. He handles himself very well in public, has no scandals associated with his name, demonstrates maturity and composure in things like interviews and hosting SNL....his name and image are in fine shape except for with a few bitter basketball zealots.

Not to mention he has an entire sports network promoting him. This will blow over eventually and people will be taken in by his smile and boyish antics again, just like they did with Shaq before he got too old for it be to be cute anymore.

Tyrus
07-09-2010, 02:39 PM

In the NBA, Lebron's selfishness is a minor smudge compared to what happens with other players, he'll be fine.

Cleveland has nothing to get mad about except the fact that its residents didn't move out quicker than he did. No offense, considering i was born and raised in Columbus, but even i got the hell outta Ohio eventually.

But the fact that he announced his move to Miami without even giving Cleveland a proper apology/gratitude shortly thereafter, I can see why many people are mad.

r2473
07-09-2010, 02:53 PM
Cleveland has nothing to get mad about except the fact that its residents didn't move out quicker than he did. No offense, considering i was born and raised in Columbus, but even i got the hell outta Ohio eventually.

That you Joakim?

BullDogTennis
07-09-2010, 03:26 PM
cavs coach is such a sore loser...what a d-bag...

dParis
07-09-2010, 09:58 PM
Don't be silly. I've been saving this one for just the right occasion:

"For All My *****z & *****es"
(feat. Kurupt, Daz, Rage)

[Verse One: Kurupt]

Well it's that slow flow, D-O-double-G, *****
See these other fools but you can't see me, *****
Who am I? (It's Kurupt mother****er)
Do or die (We gives a **** mother****er)
So slow your roll, I'm In Control like Janet
The loc-est twenty-one year old ***** that's on this planet
Take it for granted, if ya wanna, cuz I'm gonna
grab my strap then clear the corner, beeotch!!

[Chorus: repeat 2X]

So all my *****es and my *****z and my *****z and my *****es
Wave your mother****in hands in the air
And if you don't give a ****
Like we don't give a ****
Wave your mother****in fingers in the air

[Verse Two: Daz, Kurupt]

Now on a one, two, three who could it be
Comin with a group of gangsta **** for ninety-three
So ninety-four's arrived *****, back on up
And let me and my Dogg Kurupt **** **** up
Now can't nobody see me here or there
wherever I bails, I put it down on the ground
Cuz ain't **** for sale in the Coupe
with the beat flossin off gold D's
And my cousin Snoop packs well, you know what I mean
And it don't take much, for the Dogg Pound to bust a cap
in your ***, for gettin us all ****ed up
Now check it, it's a callin for *****z like Doggs
who supposed to be the ****, but steadily *****in like hogs
(Yes y'all) Walk the Doggs (yes y'all) Yiggy y'all
Stay full of that gin and juice and have a ball

I packs a strap, like that, I kicks it like this
Now how many *****es must get dick?
Before they say, that Daz is that ***** from back in the day
Ya never ever thought I'd see him bustin with Dr. Dre
Cuz I grips mics, I rips mics in half
Hoes be comin to my flat so I can tap that ***

[Chorus]

[Verse Three: Kurupt]

You're headed my way, ***** you best to hit a U-turn quick
So what's happenin? I'm cappin **** up like a Western flick
The kinpin of the clique, top notch
17 shot Glock cocked, so all ***** drop
The run of the mill fool get broke off for tryin to serve
the best Kurupt's era, peep the terror, cuz it's a murder fest
I smoke chronic everyday, so what have we
Another mother****er, gettin served like some cavy
Now who, drops (ruff rhymes) I got full Juice like 2Pac
(plus I'm) rollin with two Glocks
Fly mother****ers can't see Kurupt
Hellraisin like Pinhead, beware I'm tearin **** the **** up
Slow your roll, like your legs was broken
Who's jokin? Rakim never joked, so why should I loc?
Now that's my idol, check the vital rhyme flow doe
Runnin em like Flo Jo, stranded on Death Row
Mediocre mother****ers die cuz I'm servin it
They can't **** with or see me I'm mass murderin
[Smokin indo, look out my window I suppose] Yeah
[*****z don't understand how we kicks diffrent flows]
(I'm raw like new footage) I'm rugged like a BF Goodrich
(Bring your whole set and get your hood lynched)
[Drop to your knees like a dog in heat]
Peep the murderous styles and the poetical techiques

[Chorus]

[Verse Four: Rage]

Check it out, it's Rage, ready for the breakdown
Take down, when it comes to the mic I'm puttin my weight down
And that's 175 pounds of beed
beatin yo' *** down to the concrete
Fool, act like ya know
I'm stranded on Death Row with no where to go, so
What's a girl to do
Take out a crew, or two, a few, what you wanna do?

[Snoop]
Throw your guns in the mother****in air, we don't care
[Dogg Pound]
[Snoop]
About nuthin at all, just my Doggs and clockin the grip *****
[Dogg Pound]
[Snoop]
That's why I can kick it so tuff, cuz when times get ruff, my
[Dogg Pound]
[Snoop]
The clique i'm with, don't give a sheeit, ya know why?
[Dogg Pound]
Real *****z don't give a ****

[Chorus]
What a beautiful song, it speaks to me on many different levels - but I'm afraid your head is going to spin when you get the bill from the Tennis Warehouse censors. After reading this rap, your signature is especially poignant.

Ronaldo
07-10-2010, 03:48 AM
cavs coach is such a sore loser...what a d-bag...

So is the owner of the new Cleveland Cadavers. Ted Stepian would be proud.

Kevin T
07-10-2010, 02:13 PM

If you look at the tv ratings, apparently the only people that care about the NBA are the basketball zealots.

jamesblakefan#1
07-10-2010, 08:15 PM
If you look at the tv ratings, apparently the only people that care about the NBA are the basketball zealots.

Lakers-Celtics Game 7 was the highest rated since Jordan's last game (w/ the Bulls). Basketball seems to be on the upswing, and this thing just adds to it.

http://livefeed.hollywoodreporter.com/2010/06/nba-finals-game-7-ratings.html

hollywood9826
07-10-2010, 10:59 PM
^^^^^

Convuluted Lies :)

Kevin T
07-12-2010, 07:52 AM
Lakers-Celtics Game 7 was the highest rated since Jordan's last game (w/ the Bulls). Basketball seems to be on the upswing, and this thing just adds to it.

http://livefeed.hollywoodreporter.com/2010/06/nba-finals-game-7-ratings.html

But that's a game seven, which always gets a high/higher rating in any sport. And it's the greatest bball rivalry of all-time. TV numbers are up...but they couldn't have gotten much lower in recent years and don't approach the 80's and 90's. Even the Cavs/Spurs series a few years ago, featuring King James himself, pulled terrible ratings (actually, the worst in 35 years). The NBA is like MLB these days. If big market teams are in the finals, the numbers will be okay and if not, they stink. The NBA needs NYC and Philly back in the mix-until this year's finals, the 2001 Philly/Lakers series got the highest ratings since Jordan left town. And ticket sales are down in the NBA. You know it's getting ridiculous when you make good money and still don't think going to an NBA game is worth the $$.

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/11838893/18850386

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Basketball_Association_Nielsen_ratings

Slazenger07
07-12-2010, 08:38 AM
Well that's the case for almost any team when their best player is off (save the Lakers in Game 7 when Kobe was off, but Artest/Gasol stepped up). But INTENTIONALLY (in my eyes) not trying your hardest, in order to stick it to the team/organization, and make leaving the team justified, is just classless. Lost all kinds of respect for LeBron after that game,and this FA charade just made me lose any I had left for him.

Im curious why everyone believes Lebron purposefully tanked the series? Maybe he was just off, or feeling the pressure of having to deliver since he knew if he didnt, they couldnt possibly win. That is just as likely the case as him deciding not to care anymore.

jamesblakefan#1
07-12-2010, 08:51 AM
Im curious why everyone believes Lebron purposefully tanked the series? Maybe he was just off, or feeling the pressure of having to deliver since he knew if he didnt, they couldnt possibly win. That is just as likely the case as him deciding not to care anymore.

If you watched Game 5, there's no question he wasn't being as aggressive as he usually is, and even after the game Charles Barkley basically ripped him for not trying. Barkley had called LeBron "the best player in the world' a few months ago, so it's not even like he's some hater.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQugyCHnZ-I

goober
07-12-2010, 12:01 PM
Only Jesse Jackson can come out and liken Lebron to a runaway slave from Gilbert's Plantation.

FuriousYellow
07-12-2010, 01:57 PM
This is according to Michael Beasley's dad:

http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/father-beasley-traded-for-looking-like-delonte-28665

r2473
07-12-2010, 02:16 PM
Only Jesse Jackson can come out and liken Lebron to a runaway slave from Gilbert's Plantation.

I wish Teyko still posted here.

Kevin T
07-12-2010, 03:32 PM
This is according to Michael Beasley's dad:

http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/father-beasley-traded-for-looking-like-delonte-28665

That's awesome!

WARPWOODIE
07-19-2010, 09:26 AM
stating something to the effect that, he would not have called Magic and Larry Bird to form a team...and that he would have played against them instead.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/michael-jordan-questions-lebron-james-move-to-miami-071910

hollywood9826
07-19-2010, 11:18 AM
But MJ Magic and Bird were never best friends.

Lebron doesnt have the same mentality as those guys. I dont carew that he went to MIA to try and win titles. I just didnt think the TV thing was a classy way to do it.

But heres one of the best videos ive seen to sum this situation up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7xlzLOZH5c

slewisoh
07-20-2010, 04:22 AM
You have to take this with a grain of salt, because I am from Cleveland, and this whole thing feels a bit more personal here.

I do think it matters that DWade, Lebron, and Bosh carefully planned this opportunity for themselves. It's not that I don't want them to achieve accolades, but the value of their achievement is greatly diminished in my eyes. Lebron is the damn MVP...he shouldn't be playing the role of sidekick, or worse yet, acting as one of The Three Musketeers.

I would rather watch a team of 5 talented, hard-working players achieve something great than watch 3 superstars slaughter their opponents. It's just not that interesting to me...I'm sure the Miami fans will disagree.

As a fan of sports in general, I miss the days when players stayed with teams long term. Buying a player's jersey meant something then...as a kid you bought it 3 times bigger because you wanted to be able to proudly wear it years later. These days, not so much.

jamesblakefan#1
07-20-2010, 09:41 AM
But MJ Magic and Bird were never best friends.

From what I recall Magic and Bird were good friends off the court, but fierce competitors on it. MJ was the same way with guys like Barkley, Ewing, and the other Dream Team guys. If you saw MJ's induction speech last year, you know that the guy wanted to rip out the heart of anyone he went against. I truly believe him when he says he wouldn't go join Bird or Magic, or Ewing and Barkley, to win a title, at least not at age 25 the way LeBron is right now.

Oh and the vid is classic. GOAT worthy. :lol:

hollywood9826
07-20-2010, 09:46 AM
I dont think MJ would have done it either. But he was in a different situation than LBJ and Wade. I dont include Bosh because he is and always will be 2nd bannana at best.

but I dont LBJ has the MJ destruction mindset. David Robinson didnt have it either. If Robinson had MJ mentality he would have been unstopable. But David is great human and MJ is an A-Hole so there are trade offs.

Ronaldo
07-26-2010, 08:56 AM
Forgot David Robinson, guy scored 71 pts back in the day. Maybe 83 if he was as hell bent, escuse the term, as Kobe. Wonder what Kobe thinks of this trio while he cherry-picks players to add to the Lakers?

hollywood9826
07-26-2010, 12:20 PM
I think David Robinson was the most physically gifted player in the history of basketball. He was built to play the game. But like I said he didnt have that total destruction mindset.

Lebron also doesnt have that total destruction mindset. Bosh has not proven to me he has it either, and I dont think he ever will.

The most intersting part of this Miami team is to see whether Lebron takes on more of a creation role and develops plays for those other guys. Rumors are that he talked with Wade and Bosh and made his goal to average a triple double for the season.

I could see Lebron going something like 22-12-11 stats wise. Which regardless of the team is amazing.

Its also why I think he didnt go to CHI, he wanted to be the facilitator and create the offense. He couldnt do that in CLE because everyone sucked and missed the shot or dropped the pass.

Neon
07-27-2010, 07:51 AM
I feel like lebron teaming up with them is him admitting that he cant win a ring on this own..

Ronaldo
07-27-2010, 07:58 AM
I feel like lebron teaming up with them is him admitting that he cant win a ring on this own..

If Kobe needed help, Lebron knows he needs more than the Gang who can't shoot straight to win a championship.

jamesblakefan#1
07-27-2010, 08:40 AM
Wade = Jeter Lebron = ARod. No matter how many titles they win, how many MVP's Bron gets, Miami will always be Wade's city, and the Heat are Wade's team.

Apparently Michael Wilbon says Jordan was a lot more P.Oed about this than that statement let on, says he was steaming mad that these guys would make this decision. This is not what the league was built on, Bird and Magic teaming up? Michael and Isiah teaming up? Nope.

Ronaldo
07-27-2010, 10:13 AM
Wade = Jeter Lebron = ARod. No matter how many titles they win, how many MVP's Bron gets, Miami will always be Wade's city, and the Heat are Wade's team.

Apparently Michael Wilbon says Jordan was a lot more P.Oed about this than that statement let on, says he was steaming mad that these guys would make this decision. This is not what the league was built on, Bird and Magic teaming up? Michael and Isiah teaming up? Nope.

Should Lebron waste 10 yrs of his career like KG before getting help?

CCNM
07-27-2010, 10:25 AM
You have to take this with a grain of salt, because I am from Cleveland, and this whole thing feels a bit more personal here.

I do think it matters that DWade, Lebron, and Bosh carefully planned this opportunity for themselves. It's not that I don't want them to achieve accolades, but the value of their achievement is greatly diminished in my eyes. Lebron is the damn MVP...he shouldn't be playing the role of sidekick, or worse yet, acting as one of The Three Musketeers.

I would rather watch a team of 5 talented, hard-working players achieve something great than watch 3 superstars slaughter their opponents. It's just not that interesting to me...I'm sure the Miami fans will disagree.

As a fan of sports in general, I miss the days when players stayed with teams long term. Buying a player's jersey meant something then...as a kid you bought it 3 times bigger because you wanted to be able to proudly wear it years later. These days, not so much.
Totally agree with the highlighted parts.

jamesblakefan#1
07-27-2010, 11:03 AM
Should Lebron waste 10 yrs of his career like KG before getting help?

This is the part I hate - people act like Cleveland was bottom of the conference or something. Cleveland had 2 straight 60+ win seasons, and if not for LeBron quitting on them during the Boston series had a great chance at the finals and winning the title last year. LeBron their best player quit on them during the playoffs. How is any team going to win when their best player quits? That's not Cleveland's fault, that's all on LeBron. He quit on his team, period. This whole victimization of LeBron has to stop at some point.

Another point to mention - LeBron's done more campaigning to bring in guys for Miami in 1 month then he did in 7 years in Cleveland. At the airport meeting Fisher. Trying to get others to come to MIA. He never did that in Cleveland.

Cleveland was close. It's not like they were bottom of the conference. Cleveland was one player away, and LeBron could have stuck it out and had them bring in an Amare, Bosh, Boozer to help him win the title in Cleveland. But he didn't. He quit, and decided he'd rather be Robin and "Not have the pressure of putting up 30" to win a title.

hollywood9826
07-27-2010, 02:49 PM
CLE wasnt in the financial position to add Lebron and another MAX contract guy. Boozer was never to play play thre after he stabbed them in the back (Which he probably did for a reason). CLE is not a place people want to play. The organization was in shambles with no GM. If he stayed there the team would have been pretty much the same.

MIA would have still gottem Bosh more than likely and would have vaulted above CLE. CHI would have added there pieces and have been better tha CLE. BOS is a ? but if healthy are a better team than CLE.

And I give Lebron credit for knowing he didnt want to be that guy. I just didnt agree with the show.

Ronaldo
07-28-2010, 06:53 AM
Btw, can anyone recall a similar situation to Miami's in the NBA? Philly in 1983 with Moses Malone?

hollywood9826
07-28-2010, 07:58 AM
Moses wasnt in the same boat. Houston was retoling thier roster and gave MOses Permission to search for a trade. Philly signed him to an offer which Houston denied and completed a sign and trade for Caldwell Jones and a 1st round pick which ended up being Rodney Mcray. Thier other 1st round pick was Ralph Sampson.

Had houston Kept Malone they probably dont draft Hakeem in 84 beaause they would have had 2 down low type players anyway. Which also means they dont draft Sam Bowie at number 2 bevasue they would have needed a guard type and not a forward type. The number 3 pick in the 84 draft was Michael Jordan.

So MJ, Moses, and Ralph Sampson would have been the Rockets in the mid 80s.

but the separtion was Mutual between Moses and Houston. But that philly team was pretty stacked

Julius Erving, Moses, Andrew Toney, Maurice Cheeks and Bobby Jones

Ronaldo
07-28-2010, 11:15 AM
Moses wasnt in the same boat. Houston was retoling thier roster and gave MOses Permission to search for a trade. Philly signed him to an offer which Houston denied and completed a sign and trade for Caldwell Jones and a 1st round pick which ended up being Rodney Mcray. Thier other 1st round pick was Ralph Sampson.

Had houston Kept Malone they probably dont draft Hakeem in 84 beaause they would have had 2 down low type players anyway. Which also means they dont draft Sam Bowie at number 2 bevasue they would have needed a guard type and not a forward type. The number 3 pick in the 84 draft was Michael Jordan.

So MJ, Moses, and Ralph Sampson would have been the Rockets in the mid 80s.

but the separtion was Mutual between Moses and Houston. But that philly team was pretty stacked

Julius Erving, Moses, Andrew Toney, Maurice Cheeks and Bobby Jones

Thought Marc Iavaroni started?

hollywood9826
07-28-2010, 12:54 PM
He started but he was rookie that year so his name wasnt established.

I just threw those names because that was the All Star type players they had in the offseason that Moses Joined to complete your Lebron comparison.

The Miami thing was like a perfect storm. All three of those guys were FAs and a team actually had the ability to shed the CAP space to sign them.

But I can see the comaprison as there is a few similarities.

jamesblakefan#1
07-28-2010, 09:55 PM
And so it is confirmed - LeBron is a major d0uche.

https://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0BzRY0yltRz9ANzc5OWEyN2YtZjM2Yy00NmFjL WE4MWYtNmFlN2JiZDRmNWFi&hl=en&pli=1

And of course ESPN pulled the article which showed what a major d0uche LeBron really is.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/LeBron-James-Vegas-vacation-was-very-LeBron-Jam;_ylt=AgAejQgZpPqY3ZYKiWRvXl.8vLYF?urn=nba-258818

Kevin T
07-29-2010, 08:36 AM

https://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0BzRY0yltRz9ANzc5OWEyN2YtZjM2Yy00NmFjL WE4MWYtNmFlN2JiZDRmNWFi&hl=en&pli=1

And of course ESPN pulled the article which showed what a major d0uche LeBron really is.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/LeBron-James-Vegas-vacation-was-very-LeBron-Jam;_ylt=AgAejQgZpPqY3ZYKiWRvXl.8vLYF?urn=nba-258818

Just read both articles early this morning. ESPN is nothing but a marketing firm these days. J. Whitlock wrote a nice piece comparing Lebron to Mike....not Jordan...Tyson. :)

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/lebron-james-more-mike-tyson-than-mike-jordan

Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Ronaldo
07-29-2010, 11:21 AM
He started but he was rookie that year so his name wasnt established.

I just threw those names because that was the All Star type players they had in the offseason that Moses Joined to complete your Lebron comparison.

The Miami thing was like a perfect storm. All three of those guys were FAs and a team actually had the ability to shed the CAP space to sign them.

But I can see the comaprison as there is a few similarities.

Tough comparison, especially every NBA champ from the 80s had 5 strong players. And a HoFer or two or three.

CCNM
07-29-2010, 04:11 PM

Hmmm. Not sure what qualifies a person as a d..che but I've just lost some respect for the man.

tricky
07-29-2010, 04:22 PM

That and "Riles" is truly the Don Corleone of General Managers. He's a Laker Man through and through.