PDA

View Full Version : UFC 116 - Lesnar v Carwin

westside
07-03-2010, 09:40 PM
Anybody else order this?

Absolute amazing card. Sotiropoulos vs Pelligrino, Bonnar v Soszynski, Akiyama v Leben and of course Lesnar v Carwin

All great fights

crazysoccer00
07-03-2010, 09:47 PM
Lesnar got pummeled that first round.
Wouldn't have been surprised if they stopped it then.
Good win for Lesnar though. He seems like a changed man compared to last time.

Hot Sauce
07-03-2010, 10:09 PM
damnnnnnnnnnnn

Kobble
07-03-2010, 10:27 PM
I still think Carwin is better. Anyway, I am surprised nobody has been talking about Fedor's loss.

JohnnyCracker
07-03-2010, 10:52 PM
Fedor's loss was just a matter of time as long as he keep fighting. His mistake was he had too little respect for Werdum's jujitsu since he had no problem pounding Nogueira on the ground. Everyone will still put money on Fedor in a rematch, though.

West Coast Ace
07-04-2010, 05:20 PM
The card didn't have huge names but the fights were great.

Leben is a nut - but HUGE respect for a guy to fight twice in 3 weeks. And win! Just goes to show pretty muscles don't get the job done. The Japanese guy (Akiyama?) should spend less time in front of a mirror and more time doing cardio.

Lesnar is a beast. Adding submissions to his G&P is great.

And I disagree that it should have been stopped. He blocked most of the punches when he was down - and even hit Carwin with a few from the bottom. The sports bar I watched it at went bonkers when he locked in the choke.

118 is going to be interesting - Edgar/Penn rematch and the very intriguing Toney vs. Couture match. Someone said Maynard and Florian are fighting too - not sure that one is confirmed.

Ultra2HolyGrail
07-04-2010, 05:51 PM
I thought it was going to get stopped myself. I've seen many other matches get stopped much earlier. Great win for lesnar though.

Can be seen here.
http://mixedmartialartvideos.com/category/mmavideos/

maverick66
07-04-2010, 05:52 PM
I still think Carwin is better. Anyway, I am surprised nobody has been talking about Fedor's loss.

He lost so no he isnt better. His stand up is better but in no way is he a better fighter.

Ultra2HolyGrail
07-04-2010, 06:01 PM
I wish fedor and brock would fight. Fedor turned down the offer to fight him i heard. Many think fedor is overated and hasnt beaten anybody worth mentioning.

spacediver
07-04-2010, 06:30 PM
"Chris Leban is a zombie"

classic rogan :)

Kobble
07-04-2010, 08:53 PM
I wish fedor and brock would fight. Fedor turned down the offer to fight him i heard. Many think fedor is overated and hasnt beaten anybody worth mentioning.I think those people who think that started following MMA about a year ago. Those idiots are all over Youtube. Just little kids trying to be wise *** over a computer.

BorisBeckerFan
07-04-2010, 09:04 PM
Fedor is legit. It's hard to think of any MMA fighter with that many wins that hasn't had the occasional loss. Congrats to Lesnar for surviving that Carwin storm.

hollywood9826
07-04-2010, 09:06 PM
I really thought it was a tossup and Lesnar would be in good shape if he got passed the first round.

Carwin just threw all his chips in tryin to stop brock there and couldnt recover. Its the first time he ever didnt end the fight in the first.

I dont see Cain Velazques having much of a chance aghainst Brock. If brock can take shots from Carwin and get stopped I dont see Cain doing it. And Brock basically nullifies anybody wrestling. Except may a prime Alexander Karelin (Who I wish would haveventured into MMA).

hollywood9826
07-04-2010, 09:11 PM
Fedor as of late hasnt fought what many consider top opponents. Its kind of crappy thathes not fighting UFC, but ta the same time UFC needs to step up and take of thier guys. Appreantly they pay them more than the press relase states. But even saying some dude on the undercard gets 5k to fight is lame. at least make it 10k minimun and all undercards a 25k win bonus.

If floyd mayweather can make 30 million for 1 fight why cant these guys get taken care of better than 5k.

Fedors management (M-1 Global) wanted UFC to sign other guys in the organazation and co-promote certain events. Fedor was going to get paid handsomely, but they were trying to get cash for the lesser guys as well.

BorisBeckerFan
07-04-2010, 09:37 PM
Fedor as of late hasnt fought what many consider top opponents. Its kind of crappy thathes not fighting UFC, but ta the same time UFC needs to step up and take of thier guys. Appreantly they pay them more than the press relase states. But even saying some dude on the undercard gets 5k to fight is lame. at least make it 10k minimun and all undercards a 25k win bonus.

If floyd mayweather can make 30 million for 1 fight why cant these guys get taken care of better than 5k.

Fedors management (M-1 Global) wanted UFC to sign other guys in the organazation and co-promote certain events. Fedor was going to get paid handsomely, but they were trying to get cash for the lesser guys as well.

Not to belittle your post but Floyd Mayweather is Floyd Mayweather. His name is known the world over. There is no one in the UFC that is a star even remotely in the same category Floyd or Manny. Even some of the contenders in boxing not even champs make more money than the best paid UFC guys. A washed up DeLaHoya could come back right now and make more money in one fight than Brock Lesnar would make in his entire UFC career. On top of that, as hard as it is to believe, Dana White is a bigger crook than the people who run boxing but that's the truth of it.

Ultra2HolyGrail
07-05-2010, 12:02 AM
I think those people who think that started following MMA about a year ago. Those idiots are all over Youtube. Just little kids trying to be wise *** over a computer.

Yeah, no doubt fedor is awesome. I don't know why he won't come to the ufc. He could make the sport seem more legit than it is. He would become more popular and make alot of money. I dont know why he doesnt.

Steve Huff
07-05-2010, 06:27 AM
Are you suggesting that Dana White is to MMA what Don King is to boxing?

maverick66
07-05-2010, 09:31 AM
Yeah, no doubt fedor is awesome. I don't know why he won't come to the ufc. He could make the sport seem more legit than it is. He would become more popular and make alot of money. I dont know why he doesnt.

Contract disputes.

1. The UFC pays like crap. They under pay just about every single fighter they have.

2. Fedor is either part owner or an investor in M-1 Global and the UFC wont allow any kind of co-promoting.

3. Dana White has done nothing but tell everyone how much Fedor sucks since Pride shut down. That doesnt make someone wanna go to the UFC.

4. Fedor wanted Dana to build all these facilities in Russia for him and his other fighters. This one is coming from Dana himself to make what you want of it.

West Coast Ace
07-05-2010, 03:18 PM
Fedor is legit.I agree. He beat a lot of great fighters when Pride was very strong. Granted, he hasn't fought top flight guys lately - and it showed a few weeks ago.

I dont see Cain Velazques having much of a chance aghainst Brock.I don't either. Brock is too fast and too strong. And I guarantee that he'll be working on his boxing. Add to that that Velazquez hasn't been in a huge fight before - I expect him to be nervous.

...Dana White...Dana's 'style' definitely doesn't work with a lot of foreigners - too abrasive. Having said that, Fedor would have made a lot of money - more than he's getting from Strikeforce - to fight in the UFC. So whether Fedor is ducking Lesnar and the other big boys in the UFC because he knows he's too small, old and slow, who knows. On any given night I think Fedor could destroy Lesnar - or go out on a stretcher. Don't forget - Rodgers caught him in their fight and a more experienced guy would have finished that fight too.

1. The UFC pays like crap.Yes and no. The Icemen, Ortiz's, Coutures, GSPs - the guys who sell PPVs are multi-millionaires. The guys who fill out the card definitely don't make much. Of course you could say "they're making more than they would fighting in alleys."

Hot Sauce
07-05-2010, 03:31 PM
on carwin's site he says that his body locked up. he said his cardio felt fine but his body just wouldnt move. adrenaline dump i presume.

hollywood9826
07-06-2010, 05:54 AM
But even Lesnar and Iceman who were part of the biggest shows in the UFC history. were talking over a miliion PPV buys get maybe a million dollars for tha show. Comapred to a big name boxer and they dont get 1/10th what they should.

But it the little undercard guys Im really talking about. The UFC should take care of those guys better than they show.

Dana and the UFC says they pay them more than what gets posted, and the fighters agree to a certain extent. But the guy who gets 5k for fightin undercard is not going to say anything bad about the UFC or he wont be fighting there again.

Add in the fact that Dana white is holding clothing companies hostage for sponsoring fighters outside of the UFC and I start liking the guy less and less

maverick66
07-06-2010, 09:32 AM
Yes and no. The Icemen, Ortiz's, Coutures, GSPs - the guys who sell PPVs are multi-millionaires. The guys who fill out the card definitely don't make much. Of course you could say "they're making more than they would fighting in alleys."

Those 4 guys make more money selling T-shirts and making movie cameos then they ever will with the UFC. Couture is making millions doing action films and selling his Xtreme Couture brand. Ortiz owns Punishment clothing, Lidell has his face all over the place with different companies, and GSP might be the most marketable guy in MMA because he is a good looking guy.

Couture had to sit out and go through lawyers and all kinds of bullcrap because he wasnt making any money off of the UFC. Its just a fact that The UFC pays like crap compared to other pro sports.

And the biggest hang up with Fedor going to the UFC was M-1 global wants half of the events taking. If Fedor fought Brock it would be ne of the biggest sellers in MMA history and M-1 wants half of it.

35ft6
07-11-2010, 01:29 PM
I like Lesnar now. That win showed grit and class. Carwin is a beast.

hollywood9826
07-11-2010, 02:30 PM
Cain V. Vs Brock in October UFC 121 (I think). I don't think Cain has the size or power to stop Brock from doing anything he wants. Brock should keep the belt.

If JDS beats Nelson convincingly I guess he gets the next shot. Carwin just needs to blast somebody else in 2 minutes and he right back in the picture.