PDA

View Full Version : Cracked Head Liquidmetal Instinct - what to do?

wfudeac
05-21-2005, 11:19 AM
I bought the racquet from a sporting goods store a little less than a year ago, I tried to bring it in for restringing and the guy wouldn't do it because it had a crack where the head and throat meet. It was also the first time I noticed it!

He says I need to contact the Head customer service line,and that I would probably have to ship it to them. What are the chances of getting a new racquet after a year of play? Is calling them the first step I should take?

Thanks!

darkhorse
05-21-2005, 11:41 AM
HEAD will probably send you another racquet, they are really good about that. I crack an i.Radical that was more than 2 years old and they replaced it.

wfudeac
05-21-2005, 01:14 PM
How long did it take you to get your new one, from when you first called to when you got it in the mail?

Just trying to see what timeframe I'm working with

federer_nadal
05-21-2005, 01:27 PM
I think you should FINISH IT

Lakoste
05-21-2005, 01:41 PM
I think you should FINISH IT

whats should he finish?

friedalo1
05-21-2005, 04:40 PM
Tell them you lost your receipt, and tell them were you bought it. Ups the racquet back to head. They usually send back replacements.

doriancito
05-21-2005, 04:45 PM
Hey i just had a question when i read post #2 ..it says head is really nice....does it always replace cracked raquets or which brnad has the best reputation on this?

chuchetta
07-09-2005, 07:12 AM
HEAD will probably send you another racquet, they are really good about that. I crack an i.Radical that was more than 2 years old and they replaced it.
i have the same exact thing.. a 2 yr old cracked i.radical. how exactly did you send it in? did u call them first, or just sent with a letter? I have no reciept, did you?

doriancito
07-12-2005, 08:02 AM
they usually crack on the "liquidmetal" grey part so it is harder to fix but yes it can be fixed, they charge me 20 bucks for any fix here and i cracked my LM radical last year at the grey part and i got it fixed