PDA

View Full Version : Please, DO NOT see this movie ...

Davis937
07-06-2010, 09:29 AM
... it was pretty warm yesterday so decided to go with some friends to see the new M. Night Shamalan (sp?) movie "Last Airbender"... I would have had a more enjoyable day fighting off the humidity and heat ... I'm not quite sure where to start: the pathetic story line, the confusion and difficulty following the plot line, the amateurish acting, poorly done CGI ... the movie was advertised as a 3D movie ... would have fooled me ... anyway, save your money and select another movie to view!

bezs
07-06-2010, 09:33 AM
Heard the movie was crap. Have sworn off his movies, hated Unbreakable only film ever made me want to walk out and leave the cinema only didn't because i was in a big group.

Sentinel
07-06-2010, 10:12 AM
I saw one of his flicks called Signs on telly, it was pure crap.

Cindysphinx
07-06-2010, 10:12 AM
Go see Toy Story 3.

I'm not a big fan of the franchise, but that movie was just awesome. What a kick!

El Diablo
07-06-2010, 10:19 AM
The review of this movie in Friday's Wall Street Journal, by Joe Morgenstern, includes a little rant about how dismal the last 8 years of Shymalan's films have been, after the promise of his first two films.

*breaksracquet
07-06-2010, 10:42 AM
... it was pretty warm yesterday so decided to go with some friends to see the new M. Night Shamalan (sp?) movie "Last Airbender"... I would have had a more enjoyable day fighting off the humidity and heat ... I'm not quite sure where to start: the pathetic story line, the confusion and difficulty following the plot line, the amateurish acting, poorly done CGI ... the movie was advertised as a 3D movie ... would have fooled me ... anyway, save your money and select another movie to view!

if you get a chance, watch the series, Avatar: The Last Airbender. Don't swear off the series b/c of the movie....

ChipNCharge
07-06-2010, 11:05 AM
Go see Toy Story 3.

I'm not a big fan of the franchise, but that movie was just awesome. What a kick!

So you liked Toy Story 3, but you didn't like 1 and 2?

seffina
07-06-2010, 11:09 AM
if you get a chance, watch the series, Avatar: The Last Airbender. Don't swear off the series b/c of the movie....This. I'm not even planning on seeing the movie at all, but the series is really, really good. Especially later half of season 2 - had some excellent episodes.

The series is limited b/c it's meant for 10 year olds, but they still do an amazing job with these limitations.

FlamEnemY
07-06-2010, 12:29 PM
^^ Yes... There are some... interesting references and messages between the lines. Plus, it's fun.

spacediver
07-06-2010, 01:19 PM
i thought unbreakable was excellent, and enjoyed signs. Have heard that airbender is terrible.

SystemicAnomaly
07-06-2010, 01:51 PM
The review of this movie in Friday's Wall Street Journal, by Joe Morgenstern, includes a little rant about how dismal the last 8 years of Shymalan's films have been, after the promise of his first two films.

I assume that Wide Awake (1998 ) was one of the 2 films and The Sixth Sense (1999) was the other. Or was the review talking about his first film, Praying with Anger (1992)?

Davis937
07-06-2010, 11:17 PM
Go see Toy Story 3.

Hey, Cindy ... I rarely (... almost never) see animated movies ... a serious question ... why was Toy Story 3 such an appealing movie for you ... has it been getting good critical reviews?

Davis937
07-06-2010, 11:24 PM
if you get a chance, watch the series, Avatar: The Last Airbender. Don't swear off the series b/c of the movie....

Hey, br ... yeah, thanks for the post ... in fact, several of the reviews I read referred to the series (... I believe they mentioned it was on Nickelodeon (sp) ... it was also mentioned that, unlike the Shamalan movie, the series had received some excellent critical reviews ... I've never seen the series ... so, how about you ... obviously, you've watched the series ... what were your feelings about the movie?

Dilettante
07-06-2010, 11:25 PM
Shyamalan is one of the best directors out there.

But he has a huge problem: is stubbornly decided to keep writing his films himself.

My advice: Shyamalan, you need a writer. I'm serious.

Cindysphinx
07-07-2010, 05:14 AM
So you liked Toy Story 3, but you didn't like 1 and 2?

Yes, exactly. Go figure.

Cindysphinx
07-07-2010, 05:16 AM
Hey, Cindy ... I rarely (... almost never) see animated movies ... a serious question ... why was Toy Story 3 such an appealing movie for you ... has it been getting good critical reviews?

It was just funny on so many levels. Great casting. Bonus points for making a good sequel, which doesn't happen every day.

dave333
07-07-2010, 07:47 AM

Toy Story 3 basically has 100% approval by critics. It is definitely going to end up being one of the best films of the year, probably accompanied by Inception (looks siiick)

*breaksracquet
07-07-2010, 09:33 AM
Hey, br ... yeah, thanks for the post ... in fact, several of the reviews I read referred to the series (... I believe they mentioned it was on Nickelodeon (sp) ... it was also mentioned that, unlike the Shamalan movie, the series had received some excellent critical reviews ... I've never seen the series ... so, how about you ... obviously, you've watched the series ... what were your feelings about the movie?

Well, fortunately for myself, I have not seen the movie... yet. Will I see it? Eventually. I do not want to ruin the series for myself by seeing this movie. My wife insists that we still watch, but is willing to wait until it comes out on netflix. My wife and I have both watch the series thru and thru and my neice has begun to watch it too (she likes the little toys from McD's and wondered where they came from).

On another note, my male dog's name is Appa. :)