PDA

View Full Version : Issues with friends

albino smurf
07-08-2010, 08:11 AM
I feel like a lot of my friends are clinging to some of the more immature parts of our youth and it is causing us to grow further and further apart. Anybody else experience similar issues? Is it a natural part of aging? I've always heard that it gets harder to make friends, but never to maintain friendships.

OKUSA
07-08-2010, 08:20 AM
I have no friends from High School that I reguarly keep in touch with (most of them are hooked on the meth or something), my best friend went to Iraq and I haven't seen him in person in like 3 years

I meet a lot of cool people in tennis and ice climbing, but also a lot of crazies

r2473
07-08-2010, 08:33 AM
I think Seinfeld covered this.

baseline_monster
07-08-2010, 10:31 AM
I'm 22, I keep in touch with a few people from school but keep none as real Friends. All my top friends have come from when I worked in the US for the summers of 08/09 and my tennis buddies. All will sort it self out dude, just be patient, tolerate friends and keep good with them but find your own path in life and with that will come all new friends, associates, girls and everything. I'm still finding my self, I am not where I thought I would be at 18 and I'm happy about it.

Kobble
07-08-2010, 11:08 AM
They had this episode on Fresh Prince, once.

SPOILER!

Will moved on.

Same thing happened to me. I know nobody I knew from before college. Most were convenience friends due to being close by. Don't be afraid to ditch friends. I would say there are only 5-7 people I would even be interested in seeing again. Two from high school. Was three, until I ran in to one 6 months ago. What a ******. He was a goody goody who got into drugs and stealing in high school. Now, he is trying to get back to goody goody image, but still has some attitude left over from drugs. Insulted two people he didn't know in my presence inside of 1 minute.

I said in the past, I would rather have zero friends than to hang on to one or two lousy ones for the sake of friends. Those kind of people give off bad vibes and ruin your image. I found I made friends (and quality ones) fast when I had none, this includes girlfriends.

FLA10s
07-08-2010, 11:26 AM
I decided not to have friends anymore,girlfriends yes, but no more guy friends there are people who i play tennis with and we are friendly and polite but after tennis is over we go are seperate ways untill another day and thats that..friends have only got me into trouble i just kind of do my own thing now.

Ken Honecker
07-09-2010, 01:18 AM
I only speak to a couple of my High School buddies (Class of 75) once every 3-4 years as we all heading in different directions and have different interests now. However I have replaced them with a handful of pals who are into the same things I am. Several of us have been playing sports together since 1985 and see each other weekly.

Dilettante
07-09-2010, 01:25 AM
I think Seinfeld covered this.

Really? Did Seinfeld have friends at any point of his life?

Oh, yes, there are the nerds, you're right.

r2473
07-09-2010, 08:21 AM
Really? Did Seinfeld have friends at any point of his life?

Oh, yes, there are the nerds, you're right.

You don't remember the episode where he tried to "break up" with his friend?

heycal
09-23-2010, 03:50 PM
I feel like a lot of my friends are clinging to some of the more immature parts of our youth and it is causing us to grow further and further apart. Anybody else experience similar issues?

Nope. We've all failed to mature together.

fed_the_savior
09-23-2010, 04:50 PM
Nope. We've all failed to mature together.

Lol. Great answer.

jamesblakefan#1
09-23-2010, 05:26 PM
I have definitely grown apart from most of my friends from HS, only the ones who go to the same college as I do now, do I keep in touch with. Most of my good friends now are people who I met freshman year of college.

I'd have to say it is a natural part of life, particularly for guys. Girls are more likely from what I see to keep in touch, but even they grow apart sometimes. Majority of the people who were BFFs in HS don't even talk to each other now 2 years later. Some of it's from 'beef', so to speak, but some of it is just the natural progression of life.

I had one friend in particular who definitely had the 'clingy immaturity' you elude to. I had to cut him off, and I don't want him as a friend anymore. He didn't like it, and it's definitely caused a rift between me and some of the other ones from the group. But it is what it is ultimately.

LanEvo
09-25-2010, 09:16 PM
I have just begun college, and even already I have not kept in touch with any HS friends. I mean, I have already met the 5 or 6, a few being very good friends, from my school that go to my current school, but it's the same "Hi, Bye" thing and that's basically it. I mean, there's this girl from HS, who I found is hotttttt, and still is because she is at my college, she even has a class with me, when we meet all it is the same thing, mainly because I left bad impressions of myself on her (I tried varies ways to get her attention, which all backfired, making her really dislike me, I was an *** when I look back on it). All in all, we move on and meet new people.