PDA

View Full Version : Piece of tennis equipment that has the greatest impact on one's game?

AmericanTemplar
07-08-2010, 07:39 AM
Which piece of tennis equipment do you think has the greatest impact on your game?

Falloutjr
07-08-2010, 07:42 AM
Strings, followed closely by racquet. With the right string setup, your shots can be twice as effective. You can generally play your style with any racquet, but head size, weight, and balance are important.

AmericanTemplar
07-08-2010, 07:46 AM
Oops, didn't mean to put racquet & frame. Mods can you please delete one of them?

813wilson
07-08-2010, 08:55 AM
For me, the net has the biggest impact on my game....

drakulie
07-08-2010, 08:57 AM
of the choices you listed, I would go with racquet. However, feel what's between your ears is the most significant.

FLA10s
07-08-2010, 09:20 AM
Strings, racquet doesnt matter as much, you put my setup into a wal-mart racquet and i could play just as good.

TennezSport
07-08-2010, 09:37 AM
Can't make contact with the ball without string, so that has the greatest impact (no pun intended). This becomes more previlent the better the player is.

Cheers, TennezSport :cool:

MAX PLY
07-08-2010, 09:45 AM
^^^
Of course, a package of strings with no racquet to put them in is not very useful either (and actually you can get the ball back over off the frame much easier than you can with 40 feet of string on the ground or webbed between your fingers in a "cat's cradle").

But seriously, I would say racquet simply because head size, weight, balance and flex have a much greater impact on timing, swing speed, and can have a larger effect on the stroke. String variation is a little easier to accomodate. I think that this, in part, is why string innovation tends to follow racquet innovation (granted at some level, racquet and string innovations feed each other over time).

(for what it is worth, the differences in this thread probably point to the truth of Drak's statement)

r2473
07-08-2010, 09:54 AM
of the choices you listed, I would go with racquet. However, feel what's between your ears is the most significant.

I think your haircut is very important.

Look how much Fed spends on his haircuts and look at how good he is. Coincidence? I think not.

Topaz
07-08-2010, 10:03 AM
I think your haircut is very important.

Look how much Fed spends on his haircuts and look at how good he is. Coincidence? I think not.

And there we have it...the Secret to Tennis!!! The board will now have to close down. There is nothing left to talk about. *wink*

I voted for strings. Though, a wise man once told me that the most important part of my tennis game is my feet.

AmericanTemplar
07-09-2010, 01:15 PM
Yeah, I'd say shoes & that's what I voted for. I could play much better with a pair of modern Nikes like CB 2.3's & a woodie, than Stan Smith's & my modern Yonex.

sapient007
07-09-2010, 01:48 PM
i'm thinking steroids but is that considered equipment?

ProgressoR
07-09-2010, 02:27 PM
wrist band, no lie

tennisguyak
07-09-2010, 07:41 PM
For me it seems to be the court. Not the surface, but the size. If they could just make it a little longer.... Not on my side just my opponents though.:)

ayuname
07-09-2010, 08:28 PM
Can I vote for "my arms". I think those have the biggest impact on my game.