PDA

View Full Version : quick question: speed mp power vs pure drive gt power

Solid MD
07-08-2010, 11:05 AM
How does the speed compare against the pure drive in terms of power?
Also, is there any other racquet with similar playability to the pure drive?

pheonix6579
07-08-2010, 07:23 PM
Head Youtek Extreme MP plays very similar maybe even a touch softer.

MarrratSafin
07-08-2010, 08:17 PM
Yes, Head Extreme is close but still less power. PD definitely has more power than Speed MP. The Prince EXO3 Black or White is closer to the PD's power.

Limpinhitter
07-08-2010, 09:32 PM
How does the speed compare against the pure drive in terms of power?
Also, is there any other racquet with similar playability to the pure drive?

It's not even close. The PDGT is much more powerful. But, IMHO, it's so powerful, it's almost unplayable. The Speed MP is much more flexible and has much better feel and touch. I don't think I've ever tried a racquet with less feel and touch than the PDGT and the PDGT+. Again, JMHO!

ClubHoUno
07-08-2010, 10:35 PM
It's not even close. The PDGT is much more powerful. But, IMHO, it's so powerful, it's almost unplayable. The Speed MP is much more flexible and has much better feel and touch. I don't think I've ever tried a racquet with less feel and touch than the PDGT and the PDGT+. Again, JMHO!

I have owned the Head Speed Mp 18x20 and tested the Speed Mp 16x19 and now own 4 PD GT Special Edt. Racquets, and I agree that the PD GT is a rocket launcher compared to a Pure Storm Limited - but I have very nice mix of control and power with my PD GT, which also surprised me.

I have better feel at the net with my Pure Tsorm Tour GT, but the Pure Drive GT aint shabby at the net. I make quite a few volleys with it and have good control at the net with it.

Of course it all depends on your strokes and your playing level - but a good player should be able to play with anything and still keep the level of control up and the number of faults down.

Just my honest opinion ;)

MarrratSafin
07-09-2010, 03:53 AM
I have owned the Head Speed Mp 18x20 and tested the Speed Mp 16x19 and now own 4 PD GT Special Edt. Racquets, and I agree that the PD GT is a rocket launcher compared to a Pure Storm Limited - but I have very nice mix of control and power with my PD GT, which also surprised me.

I have better feel at the net with my Pure Tsorm Tour GT, but the Pure Drive GT aint shabby at the net. I make quite a few volleys with it and have good control at the net with it.

Of course it all depends on your strokes and your playing level - but a good player should be able to play with anything and still keep the level of control up and the number of faults down.

Just my honest opinion ;)

True. Roddick and Clijsters etc play with Pure Drives and I can only see excellent control.:lol:

Pioneer
07-09-2010, 04:00 AM
I don't think there are many sticks that come close to the PD in terms of power... don't know about the speed MP though. Just by looking at the specs I'd be the PD is more powerful with a stiffness in the 70s