PDA

View Full Version : Late Night with TTW

Dilettante
07-09-2010, 01:41 AM
I had an idea just for fun: doing interviews with TTW posters.

It would be simple: I write a bunch of questions, send it by private message to a poster, so he/she can answer them and send me back the answers.

Then (this would be the most fun part for me) I make another bunch of questions and comments about the first answers, and send them to the poster for him to answer again.

At the end, I would post the whole interview on here.

So it would be basically a interview in two, maybe three sessions.

My original idea was to start with Aykhan Mammadov, but as he's not any more around here, any suggestions? Of course the suggested posters will have to do this voluntarily, but, who doesn't like being interviewed? Although probably won't be the "what's your favorite colour" kind of interview. Who cares about people's favorite colours.

So if you want suggest someone or even volunteer yourself. C'mon, you know your ego is asking for it!

PS: I know, BreakPoint would be a good start but let's listen to any proposal.

Anaconda
07-09-2010, 03:14 AM
What sort of questions would you ask?

origmarm
07-09-2010, 03:42 AM
This is one of those moments when I wish that either Deuce or Superstition were still members on these boards. The interview would be superb now doubt.

I suggest Fedace!

MarrratSafin
07-09-2010, 04:04 AM
This is one of those moments when I wish that either Deuce or Superstition were still members on these boards. The interview would be superb now doubt.

I suggest Fedace!

I 2nd Fedace.:-D

Dilettante
07-09-2010, 10:33 AM
What sort of questions would you ask?

I don't know, what sort of answers would you give?

BTW, 2 votes for Fedace.

flyinghippos101
07-09-2010, 11:06 AM
Make it three for the Doctor

r2473
07-09-2010, 11:51 AM
Federer

We all know he posts here.

dParis
07-09-2010, 11:56 AM
How about this guy^^^^?

With a catchier handle he would be a TT legend.:|

120mphBodyServe
07-09-2010, 11:59 AM
I'm ready to be interviewed.

ProgressoR
07-09-2010, 01:55 PM
suresh
10 characters

SuperFly
07-09-2010, 03:54 PM
I'll do it. :)

Dilettante
07-13-2010, 05:47 AM
Any more suggestions?

I promise I won't ask about Israel-Palestina stuff.

heycal
07-16-2010, 11:17 AM
With a catchier handle he would be a TT legend.:|

Yup. He's got a lousy press agent. Perhaps we should auction off naming rights?

heycal
07-16-2010, 11:19 AM
Fedace, Tina, Dedans, SoBad.

The problem with these proposed "interview threads" is that the guy who proposes it -- like Chopin did a couple of months ago -- never actually gets around to doing it.

Vermillion
07-16-2010, 11:20 PM
SoBad.

The problem with these proposed "interview threads" is that the guy who proposes it -- like Chopin did a couple of months ago -- never actually gets around to doing it.

Do it, son (sir).

SoBad
07-16-2010, 11:23 PM

What did I do? By the way, I was interviewed already a couple of years ago by TP. Please replace me with Vermillion on your shortwishlist.

Tina
07-16-2010, 11:37 PM
What's interview thread?

Tina
07-16-2010, 11:39 PM
I don't want to be interviewed. Thanks.

r2473
07-19-2010, 09:59 AM

Can I quote you on that?

Dilettante
07-19-2010, 10:27 AM

Just as you guessed when wrote that, noe you're second on queue.

I'm gonna do it, I only fail on promises when it comes to women.

Seems Fedace will be the first. Fedace, are you there?

SuperFly
07-19-2010, 10:46 AM
Can I be 4th?:)

rnrockz1
07-19-2010, 11:05 AM
Fedace and Tina i vote for

FlamEnemY
07-19-2010, 11:45 AM
Vote for Fedace, THEN for SuperFly.

Tina
07-19-2010, 12:35 PM
Leave me alone. Thank you.

Andres
07-19-2010, 06:08 PM
I wouldn't mind being interviewed. I'm such an interesting ******* :D

Falloutjr
07-19-2010, 06:14 PM
I wouldn't mind being interviewed. I'm such an interesting ******* :D

Same here :D

heycal
07-19-2010, 10:11 PM
I'm gonna do it, I only fail on promises when it comes to women.

We shall see.

ProgressoR
07-19-2010, 11:44 PM
i would ignore anyone who says they want to be interviewed, smacks of too much insecurity and attention-seeking.

Look at who others are recommending, I would go for Fedace or Suresh, as they are funny (and I think they are funny without aiming to be) and have interesting views.

Sentinel
07-20-2010, 12:41 AM
Blinkism, Kraggy, Speranza, Jemar, Andres ...

and of course top of my list :
dedan;s penthouse
Ilovecarlos
mike bulgakov

origmarm
07-20-2010, 01:57 AM
Good call Sentinel, Dedans would make an awesome interview no doubt.

SoBad and Vermillion, that avatar switch is proper confusing...:)

JohnnyCracker
07-20-2010, 03:58 AM
I got some better ideas. Tina interviewing Fedace (could finally lead to romance for them both...although, Fedace maybe in for a 'big' surprise, Crying Game style), CanadianChic interviewing MegaceU (catfight), Deuce interviewing gj011, Breakpoint interviewing Ultraholygrail (train wreck), Speranza interviewing himself (oh wait, he's already doing it):), a goat interviewing Federer. How 'bout samboy01 interviewing an asteroid?

ProgressoR
07-20-2010, 04:09 AM
What did I do? By the way, I was interviewed already a couple of years ago by TP. Please replace me with Vermillion on your shortwishlist.

what is TP?

Dilettante
07-20-2010, 04:10 AM
OK guys, it seems Fedace will be the first one, I'm sending him a PM telling him the good news.

i would ignore anyone who says they want to be interviewed, smacks of too much insecurity and attention-seeking.

Look at who others are recommending, I would go for Fedace or Suresh, as they are funny (and I think they are funny without aiming to be) and have interesting views.

You are on the list, in fact I was thinking about making a combined ProgressoR/Blinkism interview, asking questions to both of you at the same time, to achieve something despicable and tabloid worthy where I'd try to get both of you to talk the most amount of filthy trash possible about each other... in your respective contained and dignified manners, of course.

I'm sure both of you combined could lead TTW's Late Night to unexpected levels of semi-literate treachery and entertaining abjectness.

As some unfortunate TV tennis commentator once said:

Wouldn't be scrumptious.

Fedace
07-20-2010, 04:20 PM
I vote for Drakulie. He maybe the coolist most unbiased poster in the forum. and now that he is married, he has reached the GOD status..:)

Fedace
07-20-2010, 04:22 PM
Oh and as for me, really depends on how private the questions get. I have too many Stalkers that wants to do harm to me that i may prefer to stay relatively unknown....

Tina
07-20-2010, 04:31 PM
^^^

I completely agree with Dr. Fedace. I don't want to get myself into troubles with immature posters (for such a job I have). I am learning from my mistakes ^_^. Hence, please do not interview me. Thank you.

-Tina

MurrayisBEAST
07-20-2010, 09:24 PM
I will ask some questions and whoever wants to answer them can :D

1. First off, do you like brownies? Good! I'm glad we got that out of the way :D

2. Please, introduce yourself.

3. How long have you been playing tennis?

4. What is your favorite shot on the court?

5. What pro do you look up to the most?

6. What type of racquet do you use?

7. Do you think I'm awesome?

9. Thank you for answering these questions :)

Sentinel
07-20-2010, 09:59 PM
7. Do you think I'm awesome?

9. Thank you for answering these questions :)

Please introduce yourself. Which user were you before creating this username ?
If you are a previously banned poster, which goes without saying, then you most certainly must be awesome ! :-D

aceX
07-20-2010, 10:26 PM
Please introduce yourself. Which user were you before creating this username ?
If you are a previously banned poster, which goes without saying, then you most certainly must be awesome ! :-D

I think this guy is actually andy murray

SoBad
07-20-2010, 10:30 PM
what is TP?

A legend from the golden era of TTW. Your question is akin to going into Former Pro section and posting "what is Martina Navratilova"?

Vermillion
07-20-2010, 11:12 PM
I think banned users are the best of the breed. Cream of the crop. Sliver of the spoon (Yes, sliver, not silver). There was one named Federer's something something Leanne. I'm not certain.

SoBad
07-20-2010, 11:14 PM
I think banned users are the best of the breed. Cream of the crop. Sliver of the spoon (Yes, sliver, not silver). There was one named Federer's something something Leanne. I'm not certain.

Poster "Federer's pet goat Leanne" got banned from the TTW forums? When the hell did that happen? I don't remember him posting anything remotely objectional. I hope it's one of those temporary warning bans they do sometimes.

Vermillion
07-20-2010, 11:19 PM
Him? I thought it was a she all of this time. Her posts were quite filled with what I would deem suitable to fit the "iron tongue" of strong-spoken women. Not quite sure why she was banned though.

SoBad
07-20-2010, 11:29 PM
You are probably right, now that I think about it. A spectacular blonde perhaps, drives a convertible, and has knowledge of fine wines. Kind-hearted, yet strong-spoken when addressing matters of competence. Two-handed backhand, likes her steak medium-rare…?

Vermillion
07-20-2010, 11:33 PM
Blondes can't be intellectuals, you kidder, you. Convertible is indeed plausible, but she would never drink and drive. Competencies in various areas, a Jill of all trades probably, but such a refined woman would definitely be an aesthete and therefore, be the antagonist of a two-handed backhand wielding dilettante. Medium-rare may be right on the mark. Of course, these are merely my own speculations.

SoBad
07-20-2010, 11:40 PM
Blondes can't be intellectuals, you kidder, you. Convertible is indeed plausible, but she would never drink and drive. Competencies in various areas, a Jill of all trades probably, but such a refined woman would definitely be an aesthete and therefore, be the antagonist of a two-handed backhand wielding dilettante. Medium-rare may be right on the mark. Of course, these are merely my own speculations.

I guess I imagined her as a Sam Stosur type intellectual blonde. Refined and an aesthete, yet with forehand so big she doesn't give her backhand a second thought. Is that Leanne? I wish she'd speak up.

Tina
07-20-2010, 11:41 PM
I guess I imagined her as a Sam Stosur type intellectual blonde. Refined and an aesthete, yet with forehand so big she doesn't give her backhand a second thought. Is that Leanne? I wish she'd speak up.

Sobad, like blonde girl? I like blonde guy:)

Vermillion
07-20-2010, 11:49 PM
No, sir. I think you may be mistaken. Due to the lack of worthy WTA "comparables," I should say, there would be none who would fit the description. A refined lady may be opt to utilize her brush, that is, her backhand slice--a crescent moon carving motion that exemplifies her supposed passion for poetry composition. Don't you agree? Wish there was a psychiatrist to examine my assessments. A little networking before I plunge into the field of otherworldlies, no?

SoBad
07-21-2010, 12:00 AM
No, sir. I think you may be mistaken. Due to the lack of worthy WTA "comparables," I should say, there would be none who would fit the description. A refined lady may be opt to utilize her brush, that is, her backhand slice--a crescent moon carving motion that exemplifies her supposed passion for poetry composition. Don't you agree? Wish there was a psychiatrist to examine my assessments. A little networking before I plunge into the field of otherworldlies, no?

Are you saying Federer's pet goat Leanne > Sam Stosur and her iron face oakleys?

Let us step back and do this for a moment:

The quiet pond
A frog leaps in,
The sound of the water.

Vermillion
07-21-2010, 12:10 AM
Oakleys are overrated (and breaks easily). Remind you of anyone?

I say, let us move forward from this point for that might be what Leanne would say.

Dissonance dances
Upon the grave of solace,
The tone of Kismet.

SoBad
07-21-2010, 12:21 AM
Oakleys are overrated (and breaks easily). Remind you of anyone?

I say, let us move forward from this point for that might be what Leanne would say.

Dissonance dances
Upon the grave of solace,
The tone of Kismet.

That is talent. Did Leanne send you this? I wonder how she would go about turning this into something readable-

As if born into this world just to cry
And despite the complete lack of the slightest
Lingering affection for this fleeting world
The dream opens at night

As if I was born into this world just to cry
And despite the fact that I don’t have the slightest
Lingering affection (attachment/regret) for this fleeting world (transient life)
The dream opens at night

Having cut off the long black hair
There is a guy I want to send it to
(for the) guy, is it sorrow? Is it happiness?
The dream opens at night

After all, the guy is the bird who instigates
After all, the girl is the shellfish of tears
Embracing, being embraced, as you fail/stumble…
The dream opens at night

The star as it fades/flows – where is it going?
And as I fade/flow – where am I going?
Aimless person (one/self) ‘s nose song <= to that
The dream opens at night

ProgressoR
07-21-2010, 12:26 AM
^^ the latter shows an ignorance of tennis history, the former shows ignorance of TTW history - I dont mind it this way.

Vermillion
07-21-2010, 12:31 AM
Yes, I did have a minor fling with her once (strictly online, of course). Anyhow, since she is not here to read your work of what seems to be a song, I shall attempt to take her place.

First stanza is in good shape.
Second could have used more variety though I did like the subtle interjections displayed.
Third stanza is a bit too simple for my taste.
Fourth: "guy...bird who instigates" is a good metaphor, but for the counterpart is a bit weird. The rest is passable.
Fifth: "nose song" is just awkward, to be honest. Maybe I am not familiar with the vivid slang/expressions.

Overall is decent. Though music is sometimes less simple than poetry for reasons you could probably guess.

SoBad
07-21-2010, 12:34 AM
^^ the latter shows an ignorance of tennis history, the former shows ignorance of TTW history - I dont mind it this way.

prime TP > prime Navratilova

/discussion

TourTenor
07-21-2010, 10:28 AM
<Just saw this lively exchange, sorry to go back ...>

Rumour has it that 'Fed's Pet Goat Leanne' is a third cousin of Zvonerava, and apparently hosts the anger gene:twisted: that plagues Vera.

Unfortunately, her agressive, well-honed two-handed backhand was misused in an off-court altercation ... the 'net result' was incarceration and TW excommunication.:sad:

<Carry on ...>

dParis
07-23-2010, 11:28 AM

I think the problem with Chopin is that he never had a real interest in interviewing anybody else. Chopin may be the most self-conscience, self-absorbed poster on these boards - and that's saying something. I'm sure his hope was to have the dynamic of the thread turn to a groundswell of posters clamoring for insight to the daily comings and goings and innermost thoughts of Chopin. No offence.

I find myself satisfied with the organic nature of revelation this forum allows various posters. What gain is there from forced or contrived answers in an interview setting when all we should know, or will be allowed to know - let's say of Tina, for example, will eventually reveal itself in due course?

Dilettante
07-23-2010, 11:45 AM
Oh and as for me, really depends on how private the questions get. I have too many Stalkers that wants to do harm to me that i may prefer to stay relatively unknown....

There will be no private questions about age, marital status, or anything personal that could lead stalkers to you.

BTW, if you don't want to answer a particular question, it's simple: just say to me "no comment", "irrelevant question", "shut up moron" or whatever you like.

So are you ready to start?

ProgressoR
07-23-2010, 01:00 PM
^^you should start, as there was another thread started in a similar vein, stealing your thunder....

Dedans Penthouse
07-23-2010, 03:28 PM
I think the problem with Chopin is that he never had a real interest in interviewing anybody else. Chopin may be the most self-conscience, self-absorbed poster on these boards - and that's saying something. I'm sure his hope was to have the dynamic of the thread turn to a groundswell of posters clamoring for insight to the daily comings and goings and innermost thoughts of Chopin. No offence.Impressive. I've no 'whatever' vs. Chopin (or anyone else on these boards for that matter), but I did notice that there was (as a musician myself) an undercurrent of that "dead music snobbery" snootiness on occassion in his earlier posts. jmho.

(i'll reserve 'key skills' chirping for other '88's' forums...or better yet, I won't....because I don't feel the need....i.e. I'z know who I'z am)

I find myself satisfied with the organic nature of revelation this forum allows various posters. What gain is there from forced or contrived answers in an interview setting when all we should know, or will be allowed to know - let's say of Tina, for example, will eventually reveal itself in due course? You are eloquent.

Would love to have you at my 'hacienda' for this evening's "jam" (I'm sure we'd have you singing "Freebird" - or whatever- lol before 11:59!)...

..best, iParis!

Chopin
07-24-2010, 05:41 AM
The fury of the great ocean will be felt. I will reply to these accusations against my honour swiftly and convincingly.

Dedans Penthouse
07-24-2010, 08:50 AM
The fury of the great ocean will be felt. I will reply to these accusations against my honour swiftly and convincingly.
^^^^^^
Beethoven giving props to Bach once said: "his name (Bach) means 'brook', but it should be 'ocean'."

No big deal....no real need to defend your honor when you think about it. Better yet, why not change into your birthday suit, play 'Fantasie in F minor, opus 49' while fantasizing about Tina?

:-)

Sentinel
07-24-2010, 09:56 AM
LMAO !!!!

10chars

Chopin
07-24-2010, 10:02 PM
Guys,

In between reading the New Yorker and working on some variations of the Scandinavian Defense this afternoon I thought of this board and the quant community here. I almost typed a reply in defense of my honour but then made the decision to meditate instead.

So, I've decided to wait a couple of days before unleashing the unbridled wrath of my great postmodern ocean of ideas on this thread. Enjoy the calm westerly wind for now, old boys, but know that Poseidon will strike sooner or later.

Best,
Chopin

Sentinel
07-24-2010, 10:29 PM
Has someone dared defile Chopin's honor ?

Has someone violated Chopin ?

Vermillion
07-24-2010, 10:38 PM
Is Chopin the same person as AM8F4G, or whatever his name is? The ungrateful gentlepatientboy that signatures his posts with the name of Eve's counterpart?

SoBad
07-24-2010, 10:45 PM
Is Chopin the same person as AM8F4G, or whatever his name is? The ungrateful gentlepatientboy that signatures his posts with the name of Eve's counterpart?

Are you talking about that nerdy dirty-minded schoolboy on yahoo chess that always talks trash and plays Berlin defense? I doubt that's Chopin, by the way.

Vermillion
07-24-2010, 10:50 PM
Oh, I am mistaken? Apologies to the deserved parties. Both users have a similar air around their posts so I assumed the worst without tangible evidence. What about Sentinel? Does he have an alias? I always felt he was the same person as Soyzwasyummyz.

SoBad
07-24-2010, 10:55 PM
Oh, I am mistaken? Apologies to the deserved parties. Both users have a similar air around their posts so I assumed the worst without tangible evidence.
http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab108/SoBad2010/atfirstiwaslike1.jpg

I always felt he was the same person as Soyzwasyummyz.

Do you have a problem with Soyzwasyummyz? Too many embarassing losses perhaps over too short a period of time?:lol:

http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab108/SoBad2010/atfirstiwaslike2.jpg

r2473
07-25-2010, 09:29 AM
I thought of this board and the quant community here.

Not to sound like a rube in your presence, but but what is a quant?

Are you saying that the community on this board is quantitatively inclined?

Dedans Penthouse
07-25-2010, 10:49 AM
^^^^
r2473, I know a Mary Quant...and she ain't quaint. :-)

ProgressoR
07-25-2010, 12:11 PM
Quants are some of the rocket scientist types who create very complicated financial instruments at investment banks, short for quantative anaysts.

I guess this community must be very clever, and I take any credit going for that perception.

MurrayisBEAST
07-25-2010, 12:20 PM
Leave me alone. Thank you.

Tina, nobody really cares.

Chopin
07-25-2010, 05:41 PM
Not to sound like a rube in your presence, but but what is a quant?

Are you saying that the community on this board is quantitatively inclined?

Excellent. You've picked up on my reference to the Historians, who often use very dubious quantative claims to support their arguments.

aceX
07-25-2010, 06:01 PM

I suspect that MurrayisBEAST is actually the real andy murray

Dedans Penthouse
07-25-2010, 07:21 PM
Tina, nobody really caresNice.

btw, exactly who the hell are YOU, mr. "joined July, 2010?"

maverick66
07-25-2010, 07:23 PM

Nice.H

who the hell are you, mr. "joined July, 2010?"

Dont mess with the ladies of TW otherwise Dedans will attack. :)

And Murrayisbeast nobody really cares about anyone around here so thanks for stating the obvious.

Dedans Penthouse
07-25-2010, 07:32 PM
^^^^^^
I'm not an 'attack' person per se, but no need for some snide wet-behind-the-ears swipe by someone not even here a month.
What did Tina do to him? .... and what's that all about?

Sentinel
07-26-2010, 12:09 AM
I suspect that MurrayisBEAST is actually the real andy murray
If that's true, he really needs to get back on his Nintendo and stop wasting time on this quant forum.

SoBad
07-26-2010, 12:25 AM

Just an ordinary woman with a big dream in life. Please leave her alone. Thank you.

FlamEnemY
07-26-2010, 01:27 AM
If that's true, he really needs to get back on his Nintendo and stop wasting time on this quant forum.

On a semi-unrelated note, Nintendos are awesome.

So, Dilettante, how is the interview going? The way I see it, we are still on commercial brake. :)

Tina
07-26-2010, 10:12 AM
Hello All,

I just checked in the site to see how you guys are doing. It seems to me that my name was written all over the place ^_^.

Sobad: You are my mind reader.

Uncle Dadans: Chopin fantasizes some girls in NY

Chopin: Let go of the resentment and thought of revenge on historians. Embrace them with all your heart.

For rest of posters, I love you all.

Cheers,

Tina

Chopin
07-26-2010, 01:03 PM
Hello All,

I just checked in the site to see how you guys are doing. It seems to me that my name was written all over the place ^_^.

Chopin: Let go of the resentment and thought of revenge on historians. Embrace them with all your heart.

Cheers,

Tina

Gosh, Tina.

woodrow1029
07-26-2010, 01:53 PM
I got some better ideas. Tina interviewing Fedace (could finally lead to romance for them both...although, Fedace maybe in for a 'big' surprise, Crying Game style), CanadianChic interviewing MegaceU (catfight), Deuce interviewing gj011, Breakpoint interviewing Ultraholygrail (train wreck), Speranza interviewing himself (oh wait, he's already doing it):), a goat interviewing Federer. How 'bout samboy01 interviewing an asteroid?

I love this post!

SoBad
07-26-2010, 08:28 PM
Hello All,

Cheers,

Tina

Hi Tina

Nice to see you again. I hope your move went very smoothly. I drank a little bit. Take cares ^_^!

-SoBad

MegacedU
07-26-2010, 08:32 PM
I didn't realize private messaging was enabled.

SoBad
07-26-2010, 08:34 PM
I didn't realize private messaging was enabled.

Don't hold anything back now;)

maverick66
07-26-2010, 08:37 PM
I love this post!

The CC vs Meg battle is the only one that interest me. There should oil,jello, and bikini's involved. Now that is something we would all tune in to see.:)

MegacedU
07-26-2010, 08:41 PM
Unless that impostor Meg thinks we're talking about her.

SoBad
07-26-2010, 08:46 PM

The overrated Meg would have been destroyed in any other D1 era of much more talented crisp-volleying women of the 1950's or even 1920's.

maverick66
07-26-2010, 08:47 PM

Nope I am talking about you.

It could be a good old America vs Canada grudge match. You better win though. We don't lose to weak countries.:)

MegacedU
07-26-2010, 08:55 PM
The overrated Meg would have been destroyed in any other D1 era of much more talented crisp-volleying women of the 1950's or even 1920's.

I'm not entirely sure I understand this post. I volley very well!

maverick66
07-26-2010, 08:57 PM

Girls cant volley. Its a known fact.

SoBad
07-26-2010, 09:03 PM

For a 21st century girl perhaps, but you'd be destroyed in the much stronger volleyer field of D1 volleying women of the 1920's, and most certainly 1820's. I am not even mentioning 1720's or 1620's - you'd stand zero chance.

MegacedU
07-26-2010, 09:05 PM
For a 21st century girl perhaps, but you'd be destroyed in the much stronger volleyer field of D1 volleying women of the 1920's, and most certainly 1820's. I am not even mentioning 1720's or 1620's - you'd stand zero chance.
I'm confused. Although I volleyed well enough to not have to pay for college! So wait, private messaging works? No one has private messaged me. :( My glory days are over.

SoBad
07-26-2010, 09:08 PM
I'm confused. Although I volleyed well enough to not have to pay for college! So wait, private messaging works? No one has private messaged me. :( My glory days are over.

Your volleys are no good compared to 14 - 15 cenutry women, especially BC, sorry to break it to you. Hey does PM really work on TTW? I only got emails from the forum (some were very sweet).

MegacedU
07-26-2010, 09:11 PM
Your volleys are no good compared to 14 - 15 cenutry women, especially BC, sorry to break it to you. Hey does PM really work on TTW? I only got emails from the forum (some were very sweet).

I get e-mails from people on the forum, but never PMs. That's private messages, not PMS.

SoBad
07-26-2010, 09:14 PM
I get e-mails from people on the forum, but never PMs. That's private messages, not PMS.

Ahh so you did drive some forum members into PMS mode over the years then;):lol:

MegacedU
07-26-2010, 09:19 PM
Ahh so you did drive some forum members into PMS mode over the years then;):lol:

In my nearly 6 years at TW i've only gotten one really mean e-mail from a crazy.

Fedace
07-26-2010, 09:21 PM
Is this the place where we talk about Sex ???

SoBad
07-26-2010, 09:29 PM
In my nearly 6 years at TW i've only gotten one really mean e-mail from a crazy.

Not too surprised - I haven't had a ton of weird mail myself over the years on TTW, save for a handful of sexual advances from prepubescent fedtrolls. I do recall isntances of irrational behaviour on behalf your opposition when you engaged in some frank debates right here on the forum though;)

Sentinel
07-26-2010, 09:30 PM
Is this the place where we talk about Sex ???
Is there anything else you can talk about ?

cghipp
07-26-2010, 09:43 PM
Is this the place where we talk about Sex ???No, you want the Salt-n-Pepa chat room.

Tina
07-29-2010, 07:10 AM
Hi Tina

Nice to see you again. I hope your move went very smoothly. I drank a little bit. Take cares ^_^!

-SoBad

Thanks for asking, Sobad. Everything went well. You sound like another me at TTW-"I drank a little bit". You have a wonderful day, my friend:)

Tina

Tina
07-29-2010, 07:15 AM

What's that all about?

diredesire
07-29-2010, 02:26 PM
This thread has potential for all sorts of disaster :) Lets try and keep it clean..

Good luck :)

J011yroger
07-29-2010, 02:50 PM
6 pages and no interview?

Geez...how are we ever going to find out what product Mav uses to keep his legs so smooth and sexy?

J

Chopin
07-29-2010, 07:15 PM
Guys, I got an interview done with someone. He's a really great poster, and I'm pretty sure you'll all be interested to hear this guy's insight. I'll be posting soon.

Best,
Chopin

maverick66
07-29-2010, 07:30 PM
Geez...how are we ever going to find out what product Mav uses to keep his legs so smooth and sexy?

J

My sexiness is natural. I dont have to use any products. :)

Tina
07-29-2010, 08:11 PM
Guys, I got an interview done with someone. He's a really great poster, and I'm pretty sure you'll all be interested to hear this guy's insight. I'll be posting soon.

Best,
Chopin

Great to hear that!!! Who will that be? Maybe Uncle Data? Don't tell us you interview yourself, please:)

Sentinel
07-29-2010, 08:51 PM

Best,
Chopin
Oh God, The suspense is killing me !

J011yroger
07-29-2010, 09:19 PM
My sexiness is natural. I dont have to use any products. :)

Not even Soul Glo?

J

SoBad
07-29-2010, 11:02 PM
Thanks for asking, Sobad. Everything went well. You sound like another me at TTW-"I drank a little bit". You have a wonderful day, my friend:)

Tina

What can I say Tina – I strive to learn from the best! Glad to hear all is well. Have a fantastic evening!:D

SoBad

ProgressoR
07-30-2010, 01:40 AM

Best,
Chopin

Dont tell us its you!

Dedans Penthouse
07-30-2010, 08:22 AM
I had an idea just for fun: doing interviews with TTW posters.
At the end, I would post the whole interview on here.

So it would be basically a interview in two, maybe three sessions.

Although probably won't be the "what's your favorite colour" kind of interview. Who cares about people's favorite colours.

Dilettante: Hola Dedans, bienvenidos and 'muchas gracias' for agreeing to serve as our thread guinea pig.

dp: Well, a half-accurate description is better than none I guess......hey!..hola yourself amigo, 'de nada' and muchas gracias for your kind invitation to your lovely city Vallencia.

Dilettante: Well before we get down to the nitty-gritty, a couple of questions for our listeners I'd like to get out of the way: for starters, favorite color?

dp: :confused: Huh? I thought this wasn't going to be that kind of interview? Besides, who cares? ....aw alright, green.

Dilettante: And when you first came to th........ it was reported tha................ was goin....................enough to warrant a ful.................................. excus...............................I've been told we'r.....roblem with my micropho.......take a brea........e'll be right back afte.............

Dilettante: Ok, we're back....hopefully we've gotten our technical difficulties straightened out and this new mic works bett.....tha .....one, so le..s continu..:

Dilettante: ****************

dp: Yes, that was a nice experience growing up there. Such a pretty, varied landscape with an interesting variety of people that I got to meet as a kid. I remember the striking archtecture from some of the Victorian montrosities, especially 'round Halloween time.

Dilettante: ******************
dp: Ha, ha....I see you're the type of interviewer that likes to get right down to business. Ok, I'll play: yes, Mlle B. was indeed my 6th grade teacher and yes she was of French descent and yes she was long-of-leg and short-of-skirt and....well yes, yes and yes but NO, that never happened.

Dilettante: ********************
dp: Well, sometimes lucks plays a part in things.

Dilettante:***********************:
dp: Excuse me, maybe I didn't hear you correctly....would you mind repeating that?
Dilettante:*************************
dp: What are you talking about?!!!!
Dilettante:*****************************
dp: Where the hell did you hear that from? That is absolutely NOT true.
Dilettante:********************
dp: Yes I once knew a Joanne, so what? ... there's lot of Joanne's out there.
Dilettante: ************************
dp: Ah!....ok, let me explain. That was her father that was dead set against it and frankly I can't blame him. Once, me and the Mrs. got caught exchanging 'cow eyes' which then......listen, that was years ago and I've since moved on, met and wed my child bride and today we're as happy as hot dogs 'n beans. And I would appreciate you not repeating that story.

dp: Good idea, yes let's move on.
Dilettante:*************************
dp: say 'wha?
Dilettante:***********************
dp: nah, nah, nah....that too involved nothing. Charges were never brought.
Dilettante: **********************
dp: Ok, if you want to get technical. But it never went to court.
Dilettante:**********************
dp: Ok, but I was never found guilty.
dp: Ok, but I never spent a day in jail.
Dilettante:*******************!
dp:
Dilettante:*******************!!
dp:
Dilettante:*******************!!
dp: I have been advised under advice of counsel to assert my Fifth Amendment rights and refuse to answer any questions that may incriminate me.
Dilettante:***********************
dp: Yes, I know I'm not in the U.S., but that's my 'story' and I'm stickin' to it!
Dilettante:**********!!*********!******!!!
dp: Whoa!...what the hell is this?....the Spanish Inquisition?!!
RIM-SHOT!
http://www.thedrummerslounge.com/Images/Snare_Drum_Thumbnail_ENC.jpg

Dilettante:****************
dp: Fine, let's talk about California...fire away..
Dilettante:*****************
dp: No, that was a publicity stunt hatched by two sleezebags out on the West Coast.
Dilettante:************....*********
dp: Says who?!!! What are you, crazy??
Dilettante:****************************
dp: Pleeze, I haven't had that many in my entire life let alone one weekend...sheesh!
Dilettante:***************************
dp: I already told you, THEY hatched the plan; the midget was THEIR idea, not mine.
Dilettante:*********************
dp: like I said, the midget (actually both midgets) was THEIR idea.
Dilettante:**************** ***** ****
dp: That one? No that was in Big Sur. Different location, different incident.
Dilettante: *******************
dp:
Dilettante: *******************
dp:
Dilettante:*******************
dp: You're never gonna prove it.
Dilettante:******** ***** **** ****** *** *******
dp: Ok, but I'll never admit to it.
Dilettante: ************ ******* ***** ** * *****
dp: Like you already told me, I'm not in the U.S. Ok, when's siesta?
Dilettante: ****** ****
dp: Well, my clock's a little "fast" ..... try: now. Adios amigo, I'm Audi5000.

r2473
07-30-2010, 08:40 AM
^^That was a nice first interview Dilettante. Very professional. You did a nice job with a somewhat uncooperative interviewee.

I learned quite a lot. For example, I didn't know Dedan's and Tina even knew each other, let alone had such an interesting history together.

I also didn't know Fedface is a midget.

ProgressoR
07-30-2010, 12:24 PM
was that an interview or DP's creation of what it would have looked like. I expect dilletant to post the interview, not the interviewee.

We are lacking the protocal here, its going pear shaped with competiing invterviews posted on here, claims of other interviews, and other threads actually having interviews.

I hope Dilettante wrests control of his thread, as the idea is a good one.

maverick66
07-30-2010, 08:22 PM
Not even Soul Glo?

J

If It would help me in my life long quest to date Meg and CC at the same time I might use whatever the hell Soul glo is. :)

J011yroger
07-30-2010, 08:31 PM
If It would help me in my life long quest to date Meg and CC at the same time I might use whatever the hell Soul glo is. :)

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3050/2621355899_86a32d39b1.jpg

J

maverick66
07-30-2010, 08:33 PM
Ok but would that get me a date from Meg and CC? :)

J011yroger
07-30-2010, 08:37 PM
Ok but would that get me a date from Meg and CC? :)

Worked for me...worth a try for you.

J

Sentinel
07-30-2010, 11:06 PM
LMAO. Great first interview with DP. Who's next ? Who !

SoBad
07-30-2010, 11:31 PM

Best,
Chopin

Can you be a little bit more specific, perhaps commit to a timeframe? We are all getting a little bit edgy here.

ProgressoR
07-31-2010, 12:38 AM
LMAO. Great first interview with DP. Who's next ? Who !

I havent even read it yet as the typeface is small, also no confirmation from dilettante that it is genuine.

I am concerned that this thread can turn into anarchy.

Sentinel
07-31-2010, 09:11 PM
I havent even read it yet as the typeface is small, also no confirmation from dilettante that it is genuine.

Please increase fontsize on your browser ... "Command +" if you are on a Mac.

Puddy
08-13-2010, 01:45 AM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3050/2621355899_86a32d39b1.jpg

J

I use the "Glo" and let me tell you, IT WORKS! Just as Mav!!!

Dilettante
08-13-2010, 03:20 AM

Getting into a discussion about the soul glo stuff is not anarchy but directly chaos. For a moment I though it was the cover for some single of Kool & the Gang's most poppie era. "Soul glo", I can even hear the song.

The small typeface stuff was not genuine but I liked Dedans' answers to the non-existant questions (the false Dilettante sounded a bit sissy though) so I wonder if Dedans would like to make an actual real interview with me. She seems to be somewhat sharp and I haven't spoke to a girl since 1991 or so but I'll take the risk.

Dedans, this is Dilettante speaking, would you like to make an interview?

Tina
08-14-2010, 03:23 PM
^^^^

Uncle Dedan, speak up!!

Vermillion
08-14-2010, 08:27 PM
I refuse to believe that the man behind the avatar named Dedans Penthouse is a woman.

TheLoneWolf
08-14-2010, 08:43 PM
I refuse to believe that the man behind the avatar named Dedans Penthouse is a woman.
Did I miss something?

SoBad
08-14-2010, 08:45 PM
Did I miss something?

I think she missed the fact that he doesn't even have an avatar. Or am I missing something here ladies?:lol:

SuperFly
08-14-2010, 09:23 PM
I volunteer. Bring it on Dilettante :)

Vermillion
08-15-2010, 11:10 PM
Dilettante, please be more professional. Gotta be aggressive if you want the scoop.

Tina
08-16-2010, 07:42 PM
OP, how's interview thread going?

Dilettante
08-17-2010, 04:11 AM
OP, how's interview thread going?

Bad. Fedace ignored my request, Dedans ignored my request too, the audience is asking me to be more professional and people started to discuss Soul Glo stuff.

That's not the way of getting a contract in the CBS. I see myself in a "Late Night Weather report" thread showing temperature maps to sleepless alcoholics and depressed unemployed insomniacs who don't care about the rain forecast because they won't leave home anyway and aren't motivated enough to switch to the porn channel.

I'm about to start a collect, just like that "Joey" series guy should have done in time.

SuperFly
08-17-2010, 09:23 AM
Bad. Fedace ignored my request, Dedans ignored my request too, the audience is asking me to be more professional and people started to discuss Soul Glo stuff.

That's not the way of getting a contract in the CBS. I see myself in a "Late Night Weather report" thread showing temperature maps to sleepless alcoholics and depressed unemployed insomniacs who don't care about the rain forecast because they won't leave home anyway and aren't motivated enough to switch to the porn channel.

I'm about to start a collect, just like that "Joey" series guy should have done in time.

*sits up straight with hands clasped*

Ahem.

Tina
08-17-2010, 09:42 AM

Go for it, if you think he is the one

Anaconda
08-17-2010, 01:40 PM
8 pages with one interview. Some thread.....

r2473
08-17-2010, 01:47 PM
8 pages with one interview. Some thread.....

Can I quote you on that?

sureshs
08-17-2010, 02:04 PM
Please interview me.

Tina
08-17-2010, 02:08 PM
Please interview me.

Love to hear your the information about you.

heycal
08-21-2010, 08:13 AM
Can you be a little bit more specific, perhaps commit to a timeframe? We are all getting a little bit edgy here.

I concur. It's stressful not knowing when, or even if, an interview might occur.

^^^^

Uncle Dedan, speak up!!

Hey, what happened? I go away for a couple of weeks and our fair Tina has been BANNED? What happened, people?

dParis
08-21-2010, 08:48 AM
Hey, what happened? I go away for a couple of weeks and our fair Tina has been BANNED? What happened, people?
I could give you the details but they would soon be deleted as has been the course de rigueur lately. The Cliff Notes are that Tina had developed a perpetual motion machine and dropped out of society and is living in a hidden valley in the Colorado Rockies with W.T. and other like-minded contemporaries. They are attempting to recruit Fedace to join them before the oncoming collapse of our society.

Other than that, you haven't missed much. What'cha been up to? Things have been getting stale around here lately.

r2473
08-21-2010, 09:34 AM
Things have been getting stale around here lately.

It became boring about the time R&R shut down.

By the way, any idea who is GOAT? I've been diligently pursuing this topic but haven't been able to achieve a satisfactory resolution.

Thanks in advance.

SoBad
08-21-2010, 07:13 PM
I concur. It's stressful not knowing when, or even if, an interview might occur.

Thank you.

It's OK to go away for a while, because you can always catch up when you come back by doing a simple search, right.:D Nothing new here, really - you haven't missed much. Oh wait, I have a new sig.:lol:

SuperFly
08-21-2010, 08:02 PM
I think Dilettante abandoned this thread.

SoBad
08-21-2010, 08:04 PM
*sits up straight with hands clasped*

Ahem.

You need enigma. Do you have enigma?

diredesire
08-22-2010, 12:53 PM
I could give you the details but they would soon be deleted as has been the course de rigueur lately. The Cliff Notes are that Tina had developed a perpetual motion machine and dropped out of society and is living in a hidden valley in the Colorado Rockies with W.T. and other like-minded contemporaries. They are attempting to recruit Fedace to join them before the oncoming collapse of our society.

Other than that, you haven't missed much. What'cha been up to? Things have been getting stale around here lately.
They get deleted because they relate to moderation/administrative business, which isn't in line with the policies. It's not some conspiracy, it's just the way things run.

SuperFly
08-22-2010, 05:04 PM
They get deleted because they relate to moderation/administrative business, which isn't in line with the policies. It's not some conspiracy, it's just the way things run.

If I put a blacklight up to my screen it'll lead to clues that will somehow link the Illuminati, French government, Vatican City, Skull and Bones Society and TW together in an international cover-up. THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE /joke

dParis
08-22-2010, 07:11 PM
Who's said anything about a conspiracy? I was simply commenting on "the way things run".

Thou doth protest too much?

SoBad
08-23-2010, 10:11 PM
Can someone post some light-hearted comment off-hand to ease the situation and get us past this awkward juncture? Maybe a brief autobigraphical piece or a short story or poem?

Vermillion
08-23-2010, 10:14 PM
I have a simple haiku in which the lack of effort is obvious enough. Nonetheless, please enjoy until your heart's content.

Double Rainbow
All the way across the sky
Yea, yeah... So intense.

SoBad
08-23-2010, 10:29 PM
I have a simple haiku in which the lack of effort is obvious enough. Nonetheless, please enjoy until your heart's content.

Double Rainbow
Yea, yeah... So intense.

I shall not attempt to critique this TTW-style haiku, but this certainly is a very nice step toward restoring the natural flow of the thread. I suspect Dilettante might have a few questions for you.

TourTenor
08-24-2010, 09:53 AM
Double Rainbow
Yea, yeah... So intense.
Double Rainbow, Yesss
Dig deeper into the tub
Rich, cream ... So intense.

Dilettante
08-24-2010, 10:32 AM
I think Dilettante abandoned this thread.

No I didn't, but it's summer and I'm busy hanging around and going to the beach and stuff like that.

Look, as a proof, there's a crappy picture I took yesterday with the mobile's camera:

http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/7745/abcd000632.jpg

Vermillion
08-24-2010, 08:24 PM
No I didn't, but it's summer and I'm busy hanging around and going to the beach and stuff like that.

Look, as a proof, there's a crappy picture I took yesterday with the mobile's camera:

http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/7745/abcd000632.jpg

http://www.gymidiots.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/son-i-am-disappoint.gif

Dilettante
08-25-2010, 11:26 AM
Sorry dad.
W-w-was the picture that bad?
http://www.valechumbar.com/files/previous/baby-crying.jpg

heycal
08-25-2010, 04:32 PM

It became boring about the time R&R shut down.

Therein lies the problem. I sometimes miss beating up on hapless EC...

Dilettante
09-12-2010, 05:52 AM
If I put a blacklight up to my screen it'll lead to clues that will somehow link the Illuminati, French government, Vatican City, Skull and Bones Society and TW together in an international cover-up. THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE /joke

OK, so you wanted to be interviewed?

heycal
09-12-2010, 04:38 PM

Are you still yapping about an interview but failing to conduct any? Typical...

J011yroger
09-12-2010, 06:47 PM
Are you still yapping about an interview but failing to conduct any? Typical...

All talk no action on TW?!?!

Say it aint so!

J

SuperFly
09-13-2010, 05:47 PM

Yeah, why not.

ProgressoR
09-15-2010, 12:55 AM
^^^^^^^ OP, interview this guy already !!!!

he's been asking for it since the thread started ......