PDA

View Full Version : Help Pick a new racquet for a Baseling Spinmeister

datsveryinterestin
05-22-2005, 12:50 PM
I am a baseling spinmeister... the more speed and spin I can generate the better. I used to use a 90" racquet, then used a 95" racquet, then 98" racquet, and then 100"....
The weights have also been going down from 12.3oz - 12.1oz - 11.8oz.. etc..

I am looking for a new racquet that will generate tons of head speed so I can use heavy topspin and kicking topspin serves.
Here are the choices I have been contemplating... I haven't used any of them yet so I will have to demo.. but wanted to hear from others that might have already gone through this search.

I am thinking about a 98-103" frame, with ideally a tapered beam from about 25-22mm, a weight of 10.7 - 11.6oz.

Here are some of my ideas:
-----------------------------
Yonex RDX300 MP
Babolat Pure Storm Team MP/
Babolat Aero Pro Drive +
Babolat Pure Control Team Std. MP
Head Instinct / Instinct XL
Prince Shark MP
-----------------------------

I plan to use at least a poly hybrid using Hurricane...
What racquet would you recommend for a BIG hitting semi-western top spinner looking to blast opponents of the court? :mrgreen:

gifted_shotmaker
05-22-2005, 12:52 PM
I would say give the O3 Tour and Aero Pro Drive a look. They will probably suit you.

Grimjack
05-22-2005, 12:57 PM
What racquet would you recommend for a BIG hitting semi-western top spinner looking to blast opponents of the court? :mrgreen:

The POG OS.

Admittedly, it doesn't meet any of your statistical criteria, but it is the only truthful answer I can give to the question I've quoted above.

I personally play almost the exact kind of game you mention, and I use a weighted up PT 280. I've been using them a while, I love them, and I've developed a sort of irrational dedication to them. But still, if I were being honest, I'd have to admit I know from demo-ing that my game would pick up a notch if I switched to the POG OS. Best stick ever made for the sub-6.0 baselining cranker.

flash44
05-22-2005, 01:02 PM
im basically the same type of player as you, and i just bought the aeropro drive plus. try using pro hurricane in the mains and vs. team or xcel prem. as the crosses. should work great

deflori
05-22-2005, 01:46 PM
Instinct Xl,Head Flexpoint Tour,Prince o3 Tour would be good choices i think...