PDA

View Full Version : TGK 223.2? I need help with this immediately...

skyzoo
07-10-2010, 12:33 PM
Possibly purchasing a frame with this code and I want to make sure I'm getting what i'm asking for.

BobFL
07-10-2010, 12:34 PM
and what are you asking for?

skyzoo
07-10-2010, 12:42 PM
and what are you asking for?

Specs and a description of the frame... I was told pro tour 280 lay-up on a different frame.

Dave M
07-10-2010, 12:49 PM
You're thinking of purchasing a frame and now you are wondering about the specs? In all seriousness, would these be the ones that do not have grips on them? I'm not sure about the info on there, there is no way anybody could say it's a pro tour 280 but a different mold or for that fact argue it isn't if you buy it and it isn't because you'll struggle to find out exactly what it is because it's not a retail frame. Do the ones you are looking at have real flexpoint holes?If so, rather than being a PT57 F frame its likely if it really is a pro stock frame that its a midplus prestige (i think) TGK made in china for the pros.
Good luck though.

BobFL
07-10-2010, 12:57 PM
Specs and a description of the frame... I was told pro tour 280 lay-up on a different frame.

Specs - impossible to tell. It can be supre light like 9.9oz or pre-customized to 13oz.

Lay-up or mold?

Well, I am not 100% sure but I think that 223.2 comes with real holes at 3 and 9. It is 630 mold afaik. Btw, are you getting fxp pj?

skyzoo
07-10-2010, 01:04 PM
You're thinking of purchasing a frame and now you are wondering about the specs? In all seriousness, would these be the ones that do not have grips on them? I'm not sure about the info on there, there is no way anybody could say it's a pro tour 280 but a different mold or for that fact argue it isn't if you buy it and it isn't because you'll struggle to find out exactly what it is because it's not a retail frame. Do the ones you are looking at have real flexpoint holes?If so, rather than being a PT57 F frame its likely if it really is a pro stock frame that its a midplus prestige (i think) TGK made in china for the pros.
Good luck though.
No grip, Hairpin-esque. I was told from the seller that it is a prestige fxp PJ of a pro tour 280 but I just wanted to be sure. Yes it does have the real holes. thanks for the reply and if you have any other query's do proceed with them.
Specs - impossible to tell. It can be supre light like 9.9oz or pre-customized to 13oz.

Lay-up or mold?

Well, I am not 100% sure but I think that 223.2 comes with real holes at 3 and 9. It is 630 mold afaik. Btw, are you getting fxp pj?
I am getting a Prestige FXP mold with holes at 3 & 9 It doesn't look pre-customized but I was told it was of a pro tour 280 lay-up. I'll have to get back to you on the mold

Also what kind of graphite is used in these frames?
Just found out this was a left-over guga frame. Can anyone elaborate?

BobFL
07-10-2010, 01:10 PM
Check this out:

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=313386&page=2

I am not sure about graphite and I'd rather not speculate on that...

skyzoo
07-10-2010, 01:24 PM
Check this out:

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=313386&page=2

I am not sure about graphite and I'd rather not speculate on that...

this is what the seller told me, "It is not a PT code as it was not made in that mold. It is TGK 223.2", " these were left
overs from Guga just before he went to the MG Radical"

So i'm not entirely sure about it being a PT57F

UD1
07-10-2010, 02:21 PM
I have the the racquet you are inquiring about. The throat doesn't have any pro code, it's blank. It was purchased from a very reputable,trusted source otherwise I wouldn't be able to verify authenticity either.

skyzoo
07-10-2010, 03:01 PM
I have the the racquet you are inquiring about. The throat doesn't have any pro code, it's blank. It was purchased from a very reputable,trusted source otherwise I wouldn't be able to verify authenticity either.

Could you email me some pictures and a brief description of its specs (nothing to specific if you don't want.) If you can give me a briefing on its playability that'd be great too. I just need some basic information by tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks again

bluerocket71@yahoo.com

UD1
07-10-2010, 04:41 PM
Skyzoo,

I will shoot you an email later tonight.

skyzoo
07-10-2010, 08:35 PM
Skyzoo,

I will shoot you an email later tonight.

much appreciated. I'll let you know if I receive it.

UD1
07-10-2010, 08:54 PM
email sent.

skyzoo
07-11-2010, 04:18 AM
email sent.

Thanks again man. This helps quite, quite a lot.

tennis005
07-27-2010, 03:32 PM
UD1
Could you also please email me info on this frame? Thanks
davidmorris93@live.com