PDA

View Full Version : Stay with APDC or buy Technifibre VO2 320

prosealster
07-10-2010, 06:13 PM
Hi guys, am thinking of buying my brother a pair of VO2 320s for his birthday... just wondering what u guys think?

he's 5.5, powerbaseliner 1hBH with a very heavy forehand. Serves big and rarely comes to volley, he currently uses APDC which he loves...but I guess everyone loves to play with new sticks right :) The question is that do u think it would be worthwhile for him to switch?? input would be appreciated, as here in Aus...it's almost impossible to get a demo where I live..

cheers and thx in advance:)

Falloutjr
07-10-2010, 06:19 PM
Hi guys, am thinking of buying my brother a pair of VO2 320s for his birthday... just wondering what u guys think?

he's 5.5, powerbaseliner 1hBH with a very heavy forehand. Serves big and rarely comes to volley, he currently uses APDC which he loves...but I guess everyone loves to play with new sticks right :) The question is that do u think it would be worthwhile for him to switch?? input would be appreciated, as here in Aus...it's almost impossible to get a demo where I live..

cheers and thx in advance:)

I'd say let your brother keep his old stick. Changing racquets to a tennis player is a big deal, and he might not be interested. I'm reluctant to even use new strings much less a new racquet. If you wanna do him a solid, just buy him a backup APDC, and offer to pay for the string job instead of getting it strung, unless you KNOW what strings and tension he uses.

ayuname
07-10-2010, 10:10 PM
keep it the same.

Ross K
07-10-2010, 10:17 PM
New string-jobs or something else similar sounds far less risky (and pricey too - LOL!)... just too many frames out there to consider as well as the V02... too many unknown factors that might have an effect on him truly appreciating the gesture...

Fed Kennedy
07-10-2010, 11:03 PM
Let him keep his apdcs, get him a pair of courtballistec 2.3s and a bottle of cazadores.

the Town Sherif
07-11-2010, 02:14 PM
Stay with the same syuck

prosealster
07-11-2010, 10:41 PM
LOl..i guess no one think it's a good idea (apart from the 3 that voted on the poll)
thx for those that shared their thoughts :)