PDA

View Full Version : long frames and arm pain

wilfreb
07-11-2010, 06:41 AM
after i'm using the PureDrive Plus i've having severe arm pain when playing long matches.
the pain is totally muscular.

i love the frame, better 2hb and much better service, but the pain is killing me.

should i go back to a 27inch frame.

do you think that longer frames can cause this kind of issues?

thanks.

tiochaota
07-11-2010, 07:18 AM
im no expert cause I'm new to tennis but common sense tells me you should either drop the racket or do something about that elbow

kevoT
07-11-2010, 07:19 AM
don't know if longer frames cause this issue, but it seems that if you are having this problem with a longer frame, you might as well try the standard length model and see if you have the problem occur too. Maybe you just need to stretch, maybe see a physio as well.

SteveI
07-11-2010, 07:27 AM
after i'm using the PureDrive Plus i've having severe arm pain when playing long matches.
the pain is totally muscular.

i love the frame, better 2hb and much better service, but the pain is killing me.

should i go back to a 27inch frame.

do you think that longer frames can cause this kind of issues?

thanks.

The PureDrive Plus has got to one of the most arm UN-friendly on the market. You did not indicate your string set-up. If you are playing poly @ a high tension.. you are setting yourself up for pain (which you already have) and possible short and long term damage. Yes, longer frames (along with RAs in the 70s) can cause these kind of issues .