im mad that villa didn't get the boot.

i hope villa or iniesta get the golden ball

Golden Boot = Muller
Golden Ball - Forlan

Tennis360
07-11-2010, 03:05 PM
im mad that villa didn't get the boot.

i hope villa or iniesta get the golden ball

I think Diego Forlan totally deserve the award. He has been amazing for Uruguay and very instrumental in them making into the last 4. almost played with "one leg" during the 3rd place match but still manage to score and almost scored again with that freekick (which hit the crossbar)...I think Iker Casillas should be in the shortlist too. He has been outstanding in the goal, keeping Spain in the game each time and his heroic saves were amazing (except that one gaffe against switzerland) especially against Paraguay. He had 7 clean sheets, played every minute and the captain of the team. I think he was overlooked.

Congrats to Spain. SO happy for them....Viva Espana (indeed!)

Tennis360
07-11-2010, 03:09 PM
not really, it was ugly.

holland was playing rugby not football

The final match was not a great advert for football (especially here in the US) but still entertaining. Spain has not showed their flair in the finals, and the Oranje played nasty tackles - was really bad esp that kick to Alonso's chest - should have been a red card. but the entire tournament was great overall. and I loved that spain won....

moshi2
07-11-2010, 03:19 PM
I think Diego Forlan totally deserve the award. He has been amazing for Uruguay and very instrumental in them making into the last 4. almost played with "one leg" during the 3rd place match but still manage to score and almost scored again with that freekick (which hit the crossbar)...I think Iker Casillas should be in the shortlist too. He has been outstanding in the goal, keeping Spain in the game each time and his heroic saves were amazing (except that one gaffe against switzerland) especially against Paraguay. He had 7 clean sheets, played every minute and the captain of the team. I think he was overlooked.

Congrats to Spain. SO happy for them....Viva Espana (indeed!)

Cassilas won the Golden Glove (award for goalkeepers)

Tennis360
07-11-2010, 03:25 PM
Cassilas won the Golden Glove (award for goalkeepers)

yeah - I just saw it. thanks. and congrats to Iker. well deserved. :)