PDA

View Full Version : New Racquet

ynnek20
07-11-2010, 04:09 PM
Looking to buy my first racquet as i will be play for my highschool tennis team and doing alot of practice over the summer and narrowed my search to these 4 racquets. i'am a 17 year old boy 6'2 220lbs my game is aggresive baseliner i like to rip the ball and hit heavy topsin angles to open the court and fire a flat fast ball for the winner and serve with lots of power basically very power oriented is my game so need a racket that gives me a little power and spin as i can bring most power on my own but a lil extra helps. i'am ranked a 3.5 by my coach and looking to move up so need a racket that i can develop with as i go higher in rank and play tournaments. so which racket do you think would fit me.

ayuname
07-11-2010, 04:13 PM
Which racquets?

ynnek20
07-11-2010, 04:18 PM
theres a poll above

ayuname
07-11-2010, 04:31 PM
Maybe Prestige.

ynnek20
07-11-2010, 05:01 PM
make sure you vote and fell free to express why and which gets ur vote as any info you personally have on these racquets would be helpful.

Agent Orynge
07-11-2010, 07:03 PM
What decision making process did you use to decide you want one of those particular four to be your first racquet?

pheonix6579
07-11-2010, 07:15 PM
What decision making process did you use to decide you want one of those particular four to be your first racquet?

I too would like to know this as well...as the KBlade Team seems out of place among the others.

Jaewonnie
07-11-2010, 07:29 PM
I don't think any of the rackets above are the best for your game..

I think the YT prestige pro mite suit u

ynnek20
07-11-2010, 07:31 PM
well my process was i have demoed alot and wont be able to afford a demo for a lil while and these are ones i havent demo but i made a top 10 list and these 4 made after watching tons of reviews and others opions i know the k blade team was a reccomendation from my coach cause i'll be playing doubles aswell as singles so just wanted to see peoples opion on it aswell as the other 3. i was weary of the k blade team as i dont like a head size bigger than 100sq inch but my coach insisted to consider it so i did and thats why i did this post to get as much feed back on all these as possible to help me make a sound decision. or atleast get it down to a top 2 so i can demo 2 later on instead of 4.

ynnek20
07-11-2010, 07:32 PM
I don't think any of the rackets above are the best for your game..

I think the YT prestige pro mite suit u

thx i was wondering the diffrence between prestige pro and mp myself.

Agent Orynge
07-11-2010, 07:53 PM
Do not buy a racquet based exclusively on other players' say-so. If you don't know what you like in a racquet based on your own observations, then don't spend the money until you do. Since more demoing is not an option, I would suggest buying something cheap with similar specs to a frame you've tryed and liked. Trust me when I tell that you WILL switch racquets in the future, perhaps sooner rather than later depending on how fast your tastes develop. That being the case, spending the extra cash to have a racquet you can 'develop with' (which I highlight to demonstrate that there is no such thing) is a complete waste, but that's just my $.02.

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/saleracquets.html

Instead of the Prestige Pro, consider the Babolat Aero Storm Tour Cortex. Similar specs, $109 on clearance. Instead of the Speed 16x19, take a look at the Babolat Pure Storm Plus (also $109). The KBlade Team looks similar to the Head Liquidmetal Radical Oversize @ $70, and the Babolat Pure Storm Ltd. ($109, again), while not a direct translation specs-wise, should play similarly to the Six.One 95 18x20, albeit with considerably more flex and a different feel.

ynnek20
07-11-2010, 08:15 PM
Do not buy a racquet based exclusively on other players' say-so. If you don't know what you like in a racquet based on your own observations, then don't spend the money until you do. Since more demoing is not an option, I would suggest buying something cheap with similar specs to a frame you've tryed and liked. Trust me when I tell that you WILL switch racquets in the future, perhaps sooner rather than later depending on how fast your tastes develop. That being the case, spending the extra cash to have a racquet you can 'develop with' (which I highlight to demonstrate that there is no such thing) is a complete waste, but that's just my $.02.

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/saleracquets.html

Instead of the Prestige Pro, consider the Babolat Aero Storm Tour Cortex. Similar specs, $109 on clearance. Instead of the Speed 16x19, take a look at the Babolat Pure Storm Plus (also $109). The KBlade Team looks similar to the Head Liquidmetal Radical Oversize @ $70, and the Babolat Pure Storm Ltd. ($109, again), while not a direct translation specs-wise, should play similarly to the Six.One 95 18x20, albeit with considerably more flex and a different feel.

thx for your afvice and i would never buy something purely based on someone elses say each of these racquets posses something that i like very much but agian i appreciate you showing me comparable racquets for less.

120mphBodyServe
07-11-2010, 08:28 PM
Get a Prince Graphite Classic OS, or look at the EXO3 Rebel, or the EXO3 Graphite 100.
If you want something with a bit more power then perhaps the Head Youtek Extreme Pro.

Agent Orynge
07-11-2010, 09:00 PM
thx for your afvice and i would never buy something purely based on someone elses say each of these racquets posses something that i like very much but agian i appreciate you showing me comparable racquets for less.

What I really wanted you to get out of what I said is that your decision making process should be based on your preference for racquet characteristics. A racquet is no more than the sum of it's parts, and every player should seek to identify those individual parts that he or she prefers the most as quickly as possible. When you can differentiate between them, and how they effect your game, you can make informed decisions for yourself with much less input from other players.

skyzoo
07-11-2010, 09:06 PM
You need a PS85 St.V or your game will never progress.

ynnek20
07-11-2010, 09:32 PM
What I really wanted you to get out of what I said is that your decision making process should be based on your preference for racquet characteristics. A racquet is no more than the sum of it's parts, and every player should seek to identify those individual parts that he or she prefers the most as quickly as possible. When you can differentiate between them, and how they effect your game, you can make informed decisions for yourself with much less input from other players.

ok agian thx i have been fdoing tons of research and previous demos i have found babolat raquets dont feel comfortable to me at all to hollow feeling and think frames after i sent the pdrgt back my arm was killing me for the whole week after so i narrowed it down to these four cause they are similar in ways to my previous raquet but also looking for improved attributes as my racquet was an old model.

Agent Orynge
07-11-2010, 09:37 PM
What was your old racquet? What did you like about it? What didn't you like about it?

a_2c+
07-11-2010, 09:39 PM
try them all. live.

please. it'll save you alot of trouble later.

ynnek20
07-11-2010, 10:43 PM
What was your old racquet? What did you like about it? What didn't you like about it?

my old racquet was a Head T.I Radical elite i liked the thinner beam and that was pretty much it lol it was to light not very stable because my return game is actually the best part of my game and this raquet would almost jump out of my hand with a fast server.

ynnek20
07-11-2010, 10:49 PM
speed is in the lead. thx to everyone for voting and advice i really do appreciate it.

ynnek20
07-12-2010, 12:10 PM
i just realized i put down the prestige pro when i meant to put the prestige mp

roger nadal
07-12-2010, 12:34 PM
you really should try the prince rebel. its the perfect racquet

ynnek20
07-12-2010, 04:22 PM
you really should try the prince rebel. its the perfect racquet

tried it as my friend owns it and i just didnt care for it.